Who Is Our Most Under Rated Player?

TopCat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Kamara for the slagging he got on here at the start of the season. 

Now that I think about  it - he did take more than his fair share of abuse.at the start of the season..................but is now - apparently - worth 8 million and a player that is important to our hunt for title number 55.Good shout mate.

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

Tavernier.  Guys been slated on here for years and he’s the best RB we’ve had since Hutton and cost us just £250k.

An absolute bargain.......... he's worth 10 times that now............ cracking player and good choice mate.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes I think he's our best player on the right side 

Right........ I thought you were being sarcastic :duh: Fair comment , though I haven't seen enough of him to say he is our most under rated player. Hasn't really impressed me at all so far tbh.

We all see the game differently I suppose mate.

2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

Tav or Goldson for me. I think folk would realise their contribution if they were gone. 

2 good shouts mate........... think they are two of our most consistently good performers - both at home and in Europe. 7 out of ten almost every game.

3 hours ago, MisterC said:

Morelos as many cannot see just how good a player he is 

Scary how true this is. Only when he leaves will people really start to see how brilliant a player he is. Said last season his playing style was similar to Suarez in that he loves to get up close and personal with the opposition and roll them with either sheer force or a bit of skill. His all round play is a bit rough around the edges sometimes but he suits that style and it would be wonderful to see him competing at the highest level one day.

Usually burn my bridges with player when they leave but he is one I'd keep a very keen interest in.

He is rated but,  for me Davis. We just expect him to be class and probably doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves because he’s been absolutly phenomenal and last season he was wrote off by a few.  But game after game he puts in performance after performance and has became the norm.

7 hours ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

Could it be Jack? I think we've all just come to expect great performances from him. He's the best midfielder in the country and has grown immensely under SG. 

When Tav leaves to England, Jack is my captain. 

Tavs going nowhere. I’d be shocked if he didn’t see his career out at Ibrox. He fucking loves it here. 

7 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

I don't think we under rate any of our current players in terms of ability, they have all had high praise when its been merited throughout the season so far. 

I think in terms of overall contribution Defoe and Davis have had a far bigger impact on the squad than just what we see when they're on the park. The step up in levels in guys like Jack and Kamara, and of course Morelos, since these 2 joined isn't  just coincidence imo. 

They've both done well when called upon, Davis has been excellent since about March and is a vital part of the first 11, Defoes goal to minutes ratio is tremendous but I think their overall impact on the squad is perhaps a little underrated. 

Spot on mate, Davis’ role within that squad should never be underestimated, he’s been absolutely amazing on the park but more important for me is his experience, knowledge of the game and what shouldn’t be forgotten he knows how to win titles with Rangers, him and McGregor are so important this season as is Defoe for his stature in the game and his professionalism and dedication, must be great for the young players having a guy like him about and I’m 100% sure he’s a huge reason behind Morelos improving in pretty much his whole game, never mind the so called petulance, just in front of goal, last season he was snatching at chances and his goals to attempt ratio was woeful, now you’d back him every time. Defoe has without doubt been a major factor in that 

6 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our results and performances without him suggest otherwise.

4-2 win in Denmark, 3-0 at Hibs, 2-0 at Motherwell, 2-0 at Livi, 4-0 at County.

I know we lost the cup final, but dominated without him.  

There's 3/4 ahead of him in terms of importance should they get injured IMO.

There’s not. I’d put Jack in front in terms of players I’d put in front but that’s it. Kamara, Aribo and Arfield don’t come close to offering what Davis does. Guy is so composed in the middle of the park, it’s actually unreal how simple he makes the game look at time’s. Only class can do that. 

9 hours ago, TopCat said:

After banging in another two goals today I reckon Greg Stewart is currently our most under rated player.I know it was against weak opposition but  he difinitely offers something different in an attacking sense imo. I rate him highly.

Thoughts?

All of them, best team in the country by a mile 

Archived