Shankland

Rlm

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Nicky Clark mk2 , sick of listening and reading about how we should go for this goal scoring machine, just hope Barcelona drop their interest and we are not forced into a bidding war for this  Scottish messi. 

He wouldn't get in our team at all. 

I've watched him four or five times and he's a lazy bastard. Boydy was one of my favourites and he was a lazy player as well but we could carry that in our style back then. Now though Gerrard has a hard working 11 and a couple of strikers who can make something from nothing. 

Shankland isn't that type of player and we've already seen lafferty punted and Stewart and Ojo struggle to start games recently due to the fact they don't work as hard as Kent, Aribo, arfield etc

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Amazing how you can turn a 4-1 victory with your 22 league goal striker rattling in a hat trick into a dig at Rangers. Got to hand it to the horrible cunts up here. They’re good at what they do, being consumed. 

7 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

He would probably be ok for hibs or hearts but not us.  Look at the goals Stephen Dobbie scored in that league? Its a poor standard and difficult to say if he could still do it at a higher level.

Fair point.

12 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

He would probably be ok for hibs or hearts but not us.  Look at the goals Stephen Dobbie scored in that league? Its a poor standard and difficult to say if he could still do it at a higher level.

Leigh Griffiths started out scoring goals in the Championship for Dundee.  He went on to score goals in the top-tier and at international level.  

Robertson played in the lower leagues and now has a Champions League medal.

It’s foolish to write players off just because of the league they play in.  I doubt Finland is regarded as a high standard of league but yet we signed Morelos from there.

I don’t think anyone will know how good Shankland is, or how far he can go, until he makes a step up.  He’s obviously far too good for the Scottish Championship.  I wouldn’t take a punt on him now because Dundee United will want millions.  

Archived