Shameful article on Morelos

Bad Robot

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

I understand this, but they are used by the club to release statements that they don't want to be associated to themselves.

They also wouldn't release something without it be played by the club first.

If they don't want to be associated with it then there's something seriously wrong and Jim Traynor (who is there to 'fight PR fires') isn't doing a very good job of it.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Sam Allardyce was on the fat alkys show this morning and the subject of Morelos came up ,Fatso said that Morelos is a good player but is a nutjob who runs about winding people up and diving all over the place ,

Something needs done about that ,Not since Diouf has a player been targeted by the opposition and not since Gazza has a player been targeted by officials 

just goes to show what a media created persona can do when the likes of Lego get praised for winding people up and Christie’s diving and bad challenges get glossed over as out of character 

When the club remain silent over a disgraceful article I don't expect much from them anymore. That was a open goal leckie put the gun to his head all we had to do is pull the trigger still waiting

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The 1872 statement was pitiful. This is what happens when you have a fans board and other organisations so close to the board and Traynor.

I always thought the Sun getting exclusives was a giuy to The Record but now i think someone is on a retainer..

Nothing to disagree with in what you have said. :thumbup:

15 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I understand this, but they are used by the club to release statements that they don't want to be associated to themselves.

They also wouldn't release something without it be played by the club first.

Yes I fully understand, they like to hide behind C1872, but my belief is it does not work.  It has to come from the Club itself or it is not taken seriously.

I also think the board let  C1872 do these things because of the shares they hold and they want to keep them on side, but it is not what we need IMO.

If our PR/board had defended Alfredo as they did the board members son who got involved with Rod S at Hampden after the cup final we would all have been saying well done. It is all a matter of opinion but to me it makes us look weak.  

It's maddening watching the witch-hunt and every day I'm waiting on Rangers doing something about it.

But it won't affect his value.  If an EPL side want to buy Morelos and are willing to match whatever our asking price would be, you can be sure that there would a lot of due diligence done on him.  Whilst that might include media reports and assessment of his red and yellow cards, that would be dwarfed by an overall assessment of his goals, work-rate, performances, off-field activities, charity work and what he like to work with as a player, team-mate, human being.  

If a potential EPL club looking to raid the SPL base their decisions and valuations on what Chris Sutton, Michael Stewart, Bill Leckie and Roughie have to say then they need new scouts and new recruitment processes.

But I still want Rangers to wage a PR war on this.

Just to add to that, during the Sky Sports News Transfer Chat thing yesterday, they had Defoe on and Darren Bent said that if Rangers do lose Morelos, Defoe could still fill that void.  I was annoyed by that as it cheapened what Morelos does, but there was no maliciousness to it, as Bent was just trying to make the point about how good Defoe still is.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

They absolutely do their homework but  they do it by asking people who actually deal with the player on a consistent basis about them rather than reading some shite in a paper and making their decision on that. Stuff written in papers, on radio etc might give prospective buyers certain things they want to check out but they then go to people with first-hand experience of the player. Former team-mates, ex-coaches, agents, players at their own club who have played against them, family members. They don't go on the back of Sam Allardyce calling him a 'screwball' on Talksport or Bill Leckie calling him a 'waster' in the sun.

To the best of my knowledge, Morelos has never even been in the same room as Leckie, Allardyce or 'Arry. Why would any club take their view on his personality and behaviour in any way seriously? If an EPL club were interested in signing Morelos, whose opinion do you think would carry more weight, Steven Gerrard or Sam Allardyce?

This definitely,  just listening to the Michael Beal interview on that podcast in the other thread would confirm all of this, club coaches/managers are all talking to one another all the time, as you say any club interested in signing Alfredo will deal with those who can give them a true insight into the player/person not to those morons who have never even made the effort to truly know him

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

With Morelos it's not "regional" though is it?  When you have national broadcasters, e.g. Talk Sport, Sky, BT, all having people all talking down value because he's a "liability", "screwball" or any other number of negative traits, you don't believe that has any influence on potential buyers?  Don't tell me you don't really think clubs spending lots of money don't do background homework and profiling on players when it comes to behaviour, off-field issues, how they might fit-in etc.   Top clubs do just that...it seriously does have the potential to  influence potential buyers ergo sale price.

As my previous post Brazil called him a Nutjob and a diver on the worlds most listened to Breakast time sports show this morning ,

58 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

This definitely,  just listening to the Michael Beal interview on that podcast in the other thread would confirm all of this, club coaches/managers are all talking to one another all the time, as you say any club interested in signing Alfredo will deal with those who can give them a true insight into the player/person not to those morons who have never even made the effort to truly know him

yep. first hand knowledge beats opinion pieces everytime

Hartson on Sportsound greeting about Morelos' 'throat cut, slit' gesture saying it's absolutely beyond him Morelos has not been banned!

Kenny Miller on too. Not much better to be honest.

In short, peddling the line he brings it upon himself, and when told about all his charity work basically just saying it doesn't matter, everyone does good stuff off the park.

Oh, and all this after a 10 minute love in about the thumb!

2 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Hartson on Sportsound greeting about Morelos' 'throat cut, slit' gesture saying it's absolutely beyond him Morelos has not been banned!

In short, peddling the line he brings it upon himself, and when told about all his charity work basically just saying it doesn't matter, everyone does good stuff off the park.

Ignorant bastards still peddling that myth?

4 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Chic Charnley wheeled out for his opinion by the ET.  “Definitely something wrong with him” he says......

4 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

:lol: :lol: Fuck sake.  Chic bastardn Charnley.  

Deserves everything bad in the world for being called Chic, fucking wrong yin

12 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The ones with the problem are the haters ,Everybody with a right mind knows without any shadow of a doubt that Kent’s goal celebration was by far worse that Morelos gesture at the end but there has been no comment from any of these fuckers ,

A hand across the throat means times up in any culture in the world,I actually thought at the time he was meaning time up he had had enough of this white here ,A finger run across the throat is different ,Anybody who has seen a Mexican bandit do the finger across throat knows exactly what it means ,death 

The media in this country are making a cunt of themselves 

Anybody see that on the back of that Morelos article the other day The Sun have done an article with a “positive” slant today about the boy who confronted Foderingham on the pitch after the Scottish Cup final in 2016 and how he’s rebuilt his life and how low and bad he felt after it.

These cunts (The Sun) are absolutely fucking shameless and if we have any sense we will ban them from Ibrox.

Archived