Shameful article on Morelos

Bad Robot

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to make a better comparison, I would ignore Stevie G and look at Wayne Rooney. Another guy who grew up in a tough area, played his footy and developed his skills in the backstreets and if I remember correctly, took all the stick under the sun for his battling and competitive style. He was a guy who hated to lose. Disliked in the early days by many a referee and hounded by the media but he came through it and did no bad.

alfie is the same, with time, guidance and maturity will move on to be a true legend. For now, let him continue to get up the noses of all. It’s a fact that neither Jullien or Ajer can handle him and whilst they try, others are delivering the goods. Long may it continue.

35 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

If you want to make a better comparison, I would ignore Stevie G and look at Wayne Rooney. Another guy who grew up in a tough area, played his footy and developed his skills in the backstreets and if I remember correctly, took all the stick under the sun for his battling and competitive style. He was a guy who hated to lose. Disliked in the early days by many a referee and hounded by the media but he came through it and did no bad.

alfie is the same, with time, guidance and maturity will move on to be a true legend. For now, let him continue to get up the noses of all. It’s a fact that neither Jullien or Ajer can handle him and whilst they try, others are delivering the goods. Long may it continue.

No sure Alfie had muff dived any grannies 

Hartson didn't really bother me as a player other than the fact he played for them, was effective for them and was one that got away. Larsson didn't bother me except for the fact he was outstanding for them. I never really associated either of them as being particularly cute or unfair (beyond the norm) on the park, only hating them because they were players who could - and did - hurt us.

However, Sutton played fair? He was one of the most effective players at conning a free kick that I've ever seen. 

Backing into a defender, initiating the contact, and falling on his arse was a big part of his game (he was a lot better than Kris Boyd at doing it too)- he was called plenty on being cute with the rules, maybe even by Leckie, all those years ago.

I've nothing again a player doing that - it's part of the game and he got away with it - but don't tell me he played the game in a fair and proper way when one of his best attributes was 'winning' free kicks in dangerous areas - and Celtic were pretty decent with a dead ball in those days. Thompson and Moravcik both were excellent at set plays and O'Neill had them set up as a big physical team - it was clearly part of their game plan.

Just now, gordo7 said:

Man's an absolute arsehole. And just after the gaffer's piece on Alfie being victimised. Go get him Rangers and don't miss.

I'd imagine in the next day or two something will come out from us. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Once again the fact morelos was racially abused at park head is completely ignored, in favour of contining a witch hunt. Leckie really is a prick, club should go after the sun for printing that shameful article. 

Some are even playing the racial abuse down, brandishing it as 'banter', even though there is video evidence of the abuse taking place. 

The article goes way beyond professional boundaries and even as an opinion piece goes far beyond the acceptable. 

One thing Morelos has been is professional. Leckie could learn a lesson in dignity from the young man.

1 hour ago, middli said:

Morelos spends his spare time establishing a charitable foundation to help people and this cunt calls him a 'waster' in a national paper. This article, if you can call it that, is a fucking disgrace. 

Exactly what I highlighted last night on Twitter when the Sun tweeted about the article, bunch of wankers the lot of them.

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Some are even playing the racial abuse down, brandishing it as 'banter', even though there is video evidence of the abuse taking place. 

The article goes way beyond professional boundaries and even as an opinion piece goes far beyond the acceptable. 

One thing Morelos has been is professional. Leckie could learn a lesson in dignity from the young man.

Unreal they have the cheek to run a respect our players campaign and allow an article like that to be printed. 

Pure and utter hypocrites mate.  

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Day 15 of them getting thumped.

Wasn't the Scottish sun recently running the campaign for 'respect our players' demanding supporters to stop abusing our players. 

And what happens now - their sports reporter is seriously disrespecting the top foreign player in Scotland... 

Archived