Shameful article on Morelos

Bad Robot

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Club 1872 have responded.

Club 1872 informed members and Rangers supporters last week that we were taking forward a complaint about an article that appeared in the Sun newspaper which included quotes from a man they appear to have falsely presented as both a psychiatrist and a psychologist. We have now submitted this complaint to IPSO and will update members and supporters on that process at its conclusion.

We are also aware of a column by Bill Leckie in the same newspaper which is full of the type of xenophobic and offensive comment which has become common place in tabloid newspapers when discussing Alfredo Morelos. Unfortunately opinion, no matter how malicious or idiotic, is not covered under IPSO regulations and we cannot use this method to challenge this column. Club 1872 is a major shareholder in the club and it is clear that this type of reporting is designed to damage the Rangers brand and create a toxic environment at a time when Rangers supporters are rightly optimistic about the future. On that basis, we remain in dialogue with Rangers about medium and longer term strategies to challenge irresponsible articles like this about our club, fans and players.

We have also written to Scottish Sun Editor, Alan Muir, asking for an explanation of how Mr Leckie’s description of Alfredo Morelos as a “waster” sits with their Respect Our Players campaign. It appears the Scottish Sun believes this campaign should not apply to its own columnists.

We would remind Rangers supporters that the Scottish Sun, and indeed the Daily Record and other tabloid newspapers, are commercial organisations. They rely on your clicks, shares and purchases to survive. Whilst they continue to receive these clicks and shares they will continue to produce this type of content. When we ran our Change the Record campaign it had a visible effect on the number of shares and clicks for that newspaper – with many supporters choosing to block Daily Record accounts on social media. It cannot be emphasised enough how strong the position of our supporters is in dealing with this issue, if we are prepared act in unison and take decisive action. If you feel the need to comment on these type of attacks on our players and club – and we understand why people wish to do that – then we would urge you to use screenshots on social media rather than sharing links.

In the meantime, there are a number of outlets which Rangers supporters can use for news about our club. These outlets provide a wealth of content including club news and debate. We have included a link to a standalone page with detail of these outlets below. It is particularly worth noting that Rangers’ own social media channels provide quicker access to regular press conference content than tabloids and that you can hear the management and players’ comments without the filter often applied to them by dishonest reporting.

Pitiful from Club1872 tbh

2 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

sutton ,a decent guy. fraid you dont watch much football. the mans a disgrace so full of hate he contuinuously makes a fool of himself..

then we have Hartson who was caught chanting about the ira 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Fear no foe said:

There's not much about the media in Scotland that surprises me nowadays, known what they've been like for years, but the relentless character assassination of Alfie is beginning to boil my piss.

Declan Gallagher tried to cave a guys skull in with a baseball bat, edouard shot a pensioner in the face with a pellet gun, lennon held a knife to his mistresses throat and the less said about multiple racist mutant junkie Griffiths, the absolute definition of a waster, the better.

All these scumbags are convinced criminals, but receive absolutely no scrutiny from the bitter excuses that pass for journalists in this country, just painted as 'troubled young men' with private issues. 

Compare those pricks to Alfie, who grew up in poverty and had to walk miles to training as a child and then as a teenager took the risk of flying to the other side of the planet to follow his dreams just to be labelled a waster by someone who's achieved nothing of note in their sorry little lives.

Love Alfredo Morelos. Want him to stay here at Rangers forever. But deep down I know that part of me will be relieved when he does go because he doesn't deserve the witch hunt and constant hatchet jobs from the tarrier press. He's done nothing wrong and they know it, which is why they have to come up with daft shit like pretending that he threatened to kill everyone in the piggery. They hate him because he's a threat to them. They hate him because he's so good.

Good post FnF 😉 This is stuck in my head now,pure 'hate speech' from Leckie,this should be dealt wi legally,even if we fail it'll draw a line in the sand that we're taking no more shit from these b'tards.

7 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Down here  in England there is never any kind of crap like that about any player, even local rags in Liverpool or Manchester where  2 teams to an extent but more so their supporters, detest each other.

As said before - only in Scotland!

Leckie and The Sun are fucking scumbags, but Raheem Sterling disagrees with you.

A genuinely canny over some of the comparisons in that article btw

5 hours ago, Fear no foe said:

There's not much about the media in Scotland that surprises me nowadays, known what they've been like for years, but the relentless character assassination of Alfie is beginning to boil my piss.

Declan Gallagher tried to cave a guys skull in with a baseball bat, edouard shot a pensioner in the face with a pellet gun, lennon held a knife to his mistresses throat and the less said about multiple racist mutant junkie Griffiths, the absolute definition of a waster, the better.

All these scumbags are convinced criminals, but receive absolutely no scrutiny from the bitter excuses that pass for journalists in this country, just painted as 'troubled young men' with private issues. 

Compare those pricks to Alfie, who grew up in poverty and had to walk miles to training as a child and then as a teenager took the risk of flying to the other side of the planet to follow his dreams just to be labelled a waster by someone who's achieved nothing of note in their sorry little lives.

Love Alfredo Morelos. Want him to stay here at Rangers forever. But deep down I know that part of me will be relieved when he does go because he doesn't deserve the witch hunt and constant hatchet jobs from the tarrier press. He's done nothing wrong and they know it, which is why they have to come up with daft shit like pretending that he threatened to kill everyone in the piggery. They hate him because he's a threat to them. They hate him because he's so good.

:tu:

Top post mate ..... puts into perspective the absolute hypocrisy up here concerning the media's continual character assassination towards Alfredo ..... which now  ....by association .... includes our manager and as usual .... our Club.

Your last paragraph is so true and it lays out precisely what the state of play is up here ..... no parity ... no even playing field .... and no fucking integrity.

🇬🇧

37 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Caller on SSB caught the panel off-guard by bringing up Leckie article. It got answered swiftly in Leckie's defence and the caller was then cut-off and no more was made of it. Straight to ads......

Aye , was listening to it earlier .

Don't know who the guy was that was defending it on clyde , but he needs to have a word with himself .

That article is the worst I have read in years and is basically declaring open warfare and hatred on Morelos . 

Shocking .

On 13 January 2020 at 18:39, Fear no foe said:

This shitehole is an embarassment.

1 hour ago, Land Rover said:

Aye , was listening to it earlier .

Don't know who the guy was that was defending it on clyde , but he needs to have a word with himself .

That article is the worst I have read in years and is basically declaring open warfare and hatred on Morelos . 

Shocking .

Think it was Roger Hannah, yeh he skirted round the edge of the callers point without actually tackling the unprofessional vitriol the article was full of. I was waiting for the caller to respond and ask where the same venomous articles on the likes of Griffiths and Christie were, but as pointed out he was not given any opportunity to do so...

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Disgrace that there’s been nothing from club yet and if nothing does come you’ve got to question exactly why our head of PR doesn’t want to ban them and why is he happy to give them exclusives..

They will think the C1872 statement will be it done and dusted, I  certainly do not think that is how it should be, but my opinion is our PR (no laughing at the back) and board will unfortunately. 😡

I feel Alfredo should have been backed by a statement direct from the Club.

On 13/01/2020 at 21:02, Bears r us said:

Once again C1872 doing, what our Club should be doing IMO.  :justno:

They are out club, well an extended arm of our club. They won't release something without the club saying so.

37 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They will think the C1872 statement will be it done and dusted, I  certainly do not think that is how it should be, but my opinion is our PR (no laughing at the back) and board will unfortunately. 😡

If the article had been about King Park or the specky wee fud they would have sprang into action 

Same old shite from them 

What a shame when there is so much to be happy about in the direction that the club is headed that they don't seem to be willing to defend our prized asset's character assassination, I can only imagine that discussion has been had behind closed doors but that in itself would be a mark of cowardice, the board should have come out with a statement by now declaring that the sun is no longer welcome, IMO they have badly let down Alfredo and are aiding and abetting further bile to be laid on a young man when they should have been showing him support, shame on them.

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

What a shame when there is so much to be happy about in the direction that the club is headed that they don't seem to be willing to defend our prized asset's character assassination, I can only imagine that discussion has been had behind closed doors but that in itself would be a mark of cowardice, the board should have come out with a statement by now declaring that the sun is no longer welcome, IMO they have badly let down Alfredo and are aiding and abetting further bile to be laid on a young man when they should have been showing him support, shame on them.

Good point and something that cant be emphasised enough . You wonder if AM feels alone without any public backing from the club . Yeah , I get that they can use C1872 as a subtle hint of displeasure , but cases such as this need the full weight of the club . 

It wouldn't surprise me if Morelos , or his teammates and management team for that matter , was disappointed with the lack of public  support from the club given the circumstances . 

9 hours ago, j1mgg said:

They are out club, well an extended arm of our club. They won't release something without the club saying so.

Mate, it is a nonsense to think anyone pays any attention to C1872, Rangers make that type of statement and it covered by the media and Alfredo feels we are at least trying to protect him.

To let that rag get off without a shot fired from our Club is really poor IMO. ☹

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

The 1872 statement was pitiful. This is what happens when you have a fans board and other organisations so close to the board and Traynor.

I always thought the Sun getting exclusives was a giuy to The Record but now i think someone is on a retainer..

3 hours ago, soulboy said:

If anyone from the s*n is at our press conference for the stranraer game if they ask a question hope the gaffer just says next question

I would do the opposite. I would call that journo out, if they are still allowed in, what their views are on that piece. In fact I would ask the question to all journalists in the room, in front of the world, put them on the spot and watch them squirm. Make them as uncomfortable and embarrassed as possible.

Morelos and his "issues" getting more column inches than a disgusting paedo ring and further pending charges at the club across this city says all you need to know about the MSM in this country.

Ditto our politicians who have spoken in Holyrood about Rangers tax case plus 'sectarian' coin throwing at TLB but ignore widespread racist and xenophobic acts, plus the paedo issue, Scotland's "Rotherham" as I now call it.

Honestly hate what our country has become.

Archived