Rangers TV - Problems

Just logged into Rangers TV on my pc to watch the game.

Layout of the site is completely different, think they have upgraded it.

Have fired up my VPN (ipvanish) and set the country to Belgium. Fired up the stream and it's telling me "we are sorry but this content is only available in certain countries".

Anyone else having issues?

Hope to fuck they are not doing a Netflix and mass blocking known vpns from connecting.

Stupid move if so, with a big waiting list for season tickets, punters paying £240 a year to watch it from home is a hell of an income stream for the club.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about to give a heads up on this.

Different layout go to sign in and it wants my email address instead of user name. Then get a page asking me to reset my password so get the email and the link sends me to a blank page.

They really need to sort their shit out.

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Different layout go to sign in and it wants my email address instead of user name. Then get a page asking me to reset my password so get the email and the link sends me to a blank page.

Im not fussed if they are upgrading things and we have to reset our log-in, but I want to be able to watch the fucking game!

I have turned off IPVanish and used a free Chrome VPN and am now getting a continuous black screen with a loading logo where the video should be.

They should really realise that they should be doing the fucking minimum to meet the requirements to block UK viewers, but make it easy for a VPN to get round it.

Otherwise they are just going to send folk willing to pay £20 a month to the illegal streams where Rangers get none of the money.

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Im not fussed if they are upgrading things and we have to reset our log-in, but I want to be able to watch the fucking game!

I have turned off IPVanish and used a free Chrome VPN and am now getting a continuous black screen with a loading logo where the video should be.

They should really realise that they should be doing the fucking minimum to meet the requirements to block UK viewers, but make it easy for a VPN to get round it.

Otherwise they are just going to send folk willing to pay £20 a month to the illegal streams where Rangers get none of the money.

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Just logged into Rangers TV on my pc to watch the game.

Layout of the site is completely different, think they have upgraded it.

Have fired up my VPN (ipvanish) and set the country to Belgium. Fired up the stream and it's telling me "we are sorry but this content is only available in certain countries".

Anyone else having issues?

Hope to fuck they are not doing a Netflix and mass blocking known vpns from connecting.

Stupid move if so, with a big waiting list for season tickets, punters paying £240 a year to watch it from home is a hell of an income stream for the club.

Doesnt recognise my log in details and when I started a new account it didn’t recognise that log in. 

2 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Don't know if this helps - according to this signing in using your email and updating your password is what's required:

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/Rangers-tv/new-look-rangerstv/

Doesn’t recognise my email so I can’t log in to update my password. 

Im up and running now.

Using SetupVPN on chrome which is free and seems to work.

Annoying that they seem to have found a way to block IPVanish which is supposed to be one of the better VPNs.

If they have found a way to block IPVanish, then it looks like they are going to be cracking down on folk accessing from inside the UK, which is just stupid to be honest.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im up and running now.

Using SetupVPN on chrome which is free and seems to work.

Annoying that they seem to have found a way to block IPVanish which is supposed to be one of the better VPNs.

If they have found a way to block IPVanish, then it looks like they are going to be cracking down on folk accessing from inside the UK, which is just stupid to be honest.

To watch games on RTV live u need VPN from the start. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s working now. 
New lay out looks crap mind you. 

Think they are looking to launch an android app, which will make things allot better. Will be firing it up on my firestick onto the telly rather than sitting watching it at my PC.

That is dependent on being able to get into the fucking thing right enough. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

To watch games on RTV live u need VPN from the start. 

I did have.

Had IPVanish running set to Belgium. Told me I could not watch the game in the country I was in. Switched to France, same deal.

Turned on the free piece of shit VPN which is making me double post on the forum for some reason. Cleared my browsing history and relaunched and im now in.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Think they are looking to launch an android app, which will make things allot better. Will be firing it up on my firestick onto the telly rather than sitting watching it at my PC.

That is dependent on being able to get into the fucking thing right enough. 

Hopefully they get a good developer doing the work. 

1 minute ago, Darth Bear said:

Can't see how they can ban vpn use as people do use it as an extra security measure.

Lagging like fuck already.

They might do a netflix.

You cant connect to netflix with most VPNs to get round the region locks. They basically have a big list of known VPN IPs and blacklist them.

It looks like they have outsourced Rangers TV, so the 3rd party is probably putting far stricter controls on than was there previously.

Hopefully the club have a word and tell them just to block IPs from Shettleston. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Hopefully they get a good developer doing the work. 

Pretty sure it will be outsourced to a company who do it for other clubs. I love it to be honest. Its so fucking convenient and feel like im contributing a good wedge to the club without having a season ticket. 

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They might do a netflix.

You cant connect to netflix with most VPNs to get round the region locks. They basically have a big list of known VPN IPs and blacklist them.

It looks like they have outsourced Rangers TV, so the 3rd party is probably putting far stricter controls on than was there previously.

Hopefully the club have a word and tell them just to block IPs from Shettleston. 

By controlling it they do nothing but starve themselves of revenue. 

Archived