Rangers TV - Problems

All this fucking about once again confirms at this point in time my wee box is paying for itself. Maybe once i start hearing good reviews i will take the risk on rtv . Until then my ST money and every home game including a pie, bovril, and mars bar contributions, this  will need to suffice.

Enjoy the match everyone, hope you guys get the vpn work a round working. If not there will be a few streams online i'm sure.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/01/2020 at 19:36, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im up and running now.

Using SetupVPN on chrome which is free and seems to work.

Annoying that they seem to have found a way to block IPVanish which is supposed to be one of the better VPNs.

If they have found a way to block IPVanish, then it looks like they are going to be cracking down on folk accessing from inside the UK, which is just stupid to be honest.

You should also try Opera it has a free VPN and ad-blocker works well with RTV.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

You should also try Opera it has a free VPN and ad-blocker works well with RTV.

Yea, good shout.

I seem to be up and running now. Page is loading and says to come back 30 mins before kick off.

I genuinely think if they get this working well, it could be a massive income stream for the club.

I go to a few games every season, not many, but I never miss a game at home. For some a season ticket just does not suit, but it is the convenience rather than the cost that is the reason.

I have no problem paying £20 a month, would pay £30 no problem to be honest. If I am getting access to all the games live, with a good level of service, ill be delighted, and im sure others would be too.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried watching Aberdeen game when we were in Amsterdam at weekend and it refused to work. Black screen, then when did load kept freezing. Flicked onto VPN to see if that made a difference but same result. Complained to Rangers TV and was told as I was using VPN it was breach of contract and they would be be refunding any monies. Explained I was actually in Amsterdam but they weren’t having any of it. Dunc on their customer service team was a shining example of someone who shouldn’t be in customer service. Told them to cancel membership and stick it up their arse. That’s £17 loss for the club each month. Great business model Rangers! 

On 19/01/2020 at 17:45, Courtyard Bear said:

It’s a joke mate, how hard can it be to upgrade an already poor platform and actually make it worse. 
Looks like instead of the club using the best they use the cheapest. 

I've still got the same problem.. Wrote to them last week no response. I'm thinking of cancelling my sub and starting a new one. 

4 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

I've still got the same problem.. Wrote to them last week no response. I'm thinking of cancelling my sub and starting a new one. 

That’s what I did solved the problem of logging in. Doesn’t solve the problem that RTV overall has went backwards, the amount of times trying to watch something and there is no sound is a joke. 

18 hours ago, emmex31 said:

Tried watching Aberdeen game when we were in Amsterdam at weekend and it refused to work. Black screen, then when did load kept freezing. Flicked onto VPN to see if that made a difference but same result. Complained to Rangers TV and was told as I was using VPN it was breach of contract and they would be be refunding any monies. Explained I was actually in Amsterdam but they weren’t having any of it. Dunc on their customer service team was a shining example of someone who shouldn’t be in customer service. Told them to cancel membership and stick it up their arse. That’s £17 loss for the club each month. Great business model Rangers! 

I was coming back from Prague last year and was in airport last game of season at killie and bought the game and it said I was in UK. As I watched the game on my mobile data they said some pish like its still recognised as a UK network even though it was routing through foreign network or something like that. Didn't even give me my money back. 

I’ve got the standard package, paid the annual subscription which covers me up till  September and logged in last night to watch the full match after midnight only to get on screen message telling  me I don’t have access and inviting me to subscribe to RTV.  Still the same this morning. Can watch  the highlights and the clips of the goals but not the full match. Had nothing but problems ever since the so called upgrade. 

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

Service I've got had its first ever issue last night but was resolved by end of first half......which wasn't a bad time to tune in 😂

Been brilliant for 11 months apart from that tbf. 

Aye, apart from that blip last night, I have to say it's been bang on. 

15 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Anyone else had their overseas unlimited world pay agreement cancelled? 

Is this a consequence of the new provider?

Has the card you registered with perhaps expired? Happened to me with various subscriptions over the years because of that. 

32 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Anyone else had their overseas unlimited world pay agreement cancelled? 

Is this a consequence of the new provider?

Got a cancellation as well, a few days before I'm due to renew for the month (card is still active for ages and I reset the login as requested when they moved to the new platform). I had a quick look and noticed 2 things...

1) Rangers TV Monthly - Unlimited (hidden legacy £17.25) is shown as my sub type.

2) If I click the subscribe option the plan which seems to match what i have is showing for £24

Not sure if they've maybe found a bunch of people that were on the wrong sub pricing (RTV's fault) and handled it really badly by forcing a cancel. Or if they've got location based concerns. 

Mine is working fine. Got the hidden legacy status but I pay for a year at a time.

Could they have raised prices without letting anyone know?

£24 a month seems a bit steep to be honest as a price hike. £288 a year is near enough a £100 price hike.

Archived