Loving Cup Ceremony

BridgeIsBlue

Respects to Stranraer, never knew they were older than us, and also the wee quip from their chairman mentioning our greater haul of trophies was nice banter.

22 trophies for them with a limited support is actually a prety good achievement in itself. Aberdeen have got 19, Hearts 18, Hibs 16 and Dundee United 10. 

It's good that smaller, more honourable, clubs have been able to participate in recent years, rather than the rogues gallery that would traditionally show up at New Year.

Although I'm not sure I'd be in any hurry to put my lips close to anything the Kellys and McGinns had been slobbering over for years. 

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Disappointed in the choice of whisky, Glenmorangie is a poor choice for such a ceremony. A good Islay malt would have been more fitting and better tasting.

Copper Dog was the drink one year not too long ago, when I was on the tour the guy said at the loving cup ceremony it was filled with champagne which was just wrong.

3 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Makes you proud as fuck our club does this. Hairs on the back of the neck stuff.

Does any of the other clubs that got one do this? We should get stoke up for a winter break friendly and get them involved

Everton and stoke.

It is one of the great traditions of our Club and I though Stranraer played their part very well. 

I'm probably reading too much into it, but the press reports alluded the we had been 'handed a spare' from England which I thought unfairly downplayed the generous gesture gift the Stoke chairman, following what was an important charitable gesture from Rangers back in the day during a period of tragedy in Stoke. 

A brilliant tradition that the club didnt really do enough to promote until recent years in my opinion!

Best one has to be against Aberdeen though, on the big screens, the sheep shaggers see the Rangers directors doing there part...start cheering sarcastically, "what the fucking hell is that"...camera pans round and theres the Aberdeen directors and wee Craig Brown all toasting the queen and taking a drink,  they were fuming, it was fucking hilarious!

I decided to buy a loving cup for the same event as the one our club has ( Coronation of  King George VI Queen Elizabeth 1937) so I can have my own wee ceremony every year.

Turns out you can get one under £15 on eBay. While not identical to the club's one it's just as nice to look at.

A new tradition is born.

Archived