***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who else is there? Arfield is pish.

That’s the issue.

Playing 10 men behind the ball an the 3 midfielders all get it and pass it sideways and backwards. That’s not a sleight on them as that’s their game.

The Kilmarnock game at home was the perfect example.

Have to admit I would have preferred a more experienced player on league games , but after watching Patterson last night I've no qualms throwing him in . Same team as OP for me . 

Quite a defensive team St Mirren , so we need to show patience , not only on the park but in the stands too . Going for a hard fought 2-0 win . 

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who else is there? Arfield is pish.

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s the issue.

Playing 10 men behind the ball an the 3 midfielders all get it and pass it sideways and backwards. That’s not a sleight on them as that’s their game.

Change formation, 4231 and play Aribo in the centre of the three.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, fair enough. Arfield as centre, Aribo out right, this is a pain in the arse

We should be signing a quality Cam/playmaker.

Play 4-2-3-1 in these type of games then go back to tried and trusted team/formation in Europe and Tarrier games.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That’s the issue.

Agree it's a slight issue. I think the squad needs a player in who has the playing style of Arfield but obviously with much more quality. 

1 hour ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why not? That’s our current best midfield just now no point in changing cos it’s only St Mirren.

Keep the momentum going. 

They’re sitting with 9/10 men behind ball. What’s the point in having 3 defensive minded midfielders in midfield?

The Kilmarnock game it was jack, Arfield and Kamara passing ball from side to side for 60 minutes until Alfie scored.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

They’re sitting with 9/10 men behind ball. What’s the point in having 3 defensive minded midfielders in midfield?

The Kilmarnock game it was jack, Arfield and Kamara passing ball from side to side for 60 minutes until Alfie scored.

Jack gets forward Davis dictates the game and Kamara will break it up.

I know Tav is out but they way we play with our full backs we get forward plenty.

Well Jim Goodwin says they plan to emulate Broxburn athletic and are coming to park the bus at Ibrox on Wednesday. Or even "two busses". Let's get at them early and get a couple early goals and see how that works for them. 

Archived