***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

We must learn from last year and hit the ground running after the break ... if we can put some real pressure on the soap dodgers they will disintegrate 

We have to win all games this month imo. That's not any different to any other month, but even more so January. I believe they will drop points somewhere so we have to take full advantage, no sloppy errors!

Title in our own hands.   Beat the rest and avoid defeat against the scum and it’s ours.   With that in mind all we need to do is win.  Doesn’t have to be 4-0, 5-0 or 6-0 much as that would be nice.   Keep winning and watch the scum crack. 

10 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My biggest worry for this game is that we have Defoe and nothing else. No Morelos, No Stewart. 

If things aren’t working what do we do? 

We may actually need to change set up. If they park the bus then we could possibly go 3 at the back and get another player in an attacking position or likewise only have one sitting midfielder and add another attacking player. 

Defoe likes the ball played in to space behind the defense and against teams that sit in he's less effective.  Morelos plays with his back to goal and is far more effective in this league.  Given the quality of our full-backs I'd love to see us sign a big physical CF who is over six foot and is dominant in the air.  

As for replacing the CDM with a number 10 type behind the striker we don't have that.  Greg Stewart could maybe offer it but he's out.

McGregor 

Patterson   Goldson   Katic   Borna

Davis     Jack    Kamara

Aribo                                                       Kent

Defoe

18 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My biggest worry for this game is that we have Defoe and nothing else. No Morelos, No Stewart. 

If things aren’t working what do we do? 

We may actually need to change set up. If they park the bus then we could possibly go 3 at the back and get another player in an attacking position or likewise only have one sitting midfielder and add another attacking player. 

This is as big a test for our attacking squad depth we've had all season.  A real test of our title credentials too given we stumbled at a similar stage season - given circumstances are not the exact same. This and Hearts will tell us a lot.

48 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

I am quite surprised we haven't brought in another striker to cover us- Morelos can get more red cards and Defoe could get injured !!!!

Hoping for a win here - I would also take 1-0 & those 3 points.

I think perhaps Ojo can play up top? You are right though, ideally we'd have a 4th striker option to use when injuries and suspensions pile up.

McGregor 

Jack.        Goldson.    Katic.       Barasic 

Kamara 

Arfield.          Davis

Aribo.                          Kent

Defoe

A rusty 2-0  win for us. Paterson  on in RB when result is secure. 

Archived