*** The Official Hearts V Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Gerrard said there was a few bumps but everyone should be fine.

Sure the press conference is before training. 

No doubt this is the game the tarriers are most expecting us to drop points at so if we want to win the league we need to go out and play our game. 

9 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I can see that. It was their flat out start and the big black lad being allowed to smash our defence about unpublished, that not only surprised us that day, but fur some unbelievable reason took us most of the game to recover from. We were a shambles for the majority of that game and I honestly don’t see it happening again. 

the big black lad has not started the last few games for hearts came on as sub a couple of times  dont think the new manager fancies him as he prefers to play on the deck  with a high press  he is not levein with packed defence and high balls up the middle 

32 minutes ago, billscott said:

the big black lad has not started the last few games for hearts came on as sub a couple of times  dont think the new manager fancies him as he prefers to play on the deck  with a high press  he is not levein with packed defence and high balls up the middle 

Fair enough, I’ve not seen anything of them to be honest. 

My mates a season ticket holder at tynecastle. Was saying last night that this new manager wants them to try an expansive, pressing game but that he doesn’t have the players to do so just yet,

Thinks that’s the reason that Berra and Whelan were moved on and that Ichpezu isn’t starting etc.

Biggest worry is that if they try and play that game we will cut them apart. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My mates a season ticket holder at tynecastle. Was saying last night that this new manager wants them to try an expansive, pressing game but that he doesn’t have the players to do so just yet,

Thinks that’s the reason that Berra and Whelan were moved on and that Ichpezu isn’t starting etc.

Biggest worry is that if they try and play that game we will cut them apart. 

just said much the same in a previous  message my neighbour is a hearts season ticket holder and you have hit the nail on the head  hope they press high against us

11 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agreed with what you say regarding they will be pumped up for us coming, and as always we have to have the right attitude no matter who we face, but let’s get it right, hearts are absolutely shite, and have been for over a year, they will be lucky to stay up this season, and the fact they have had more managers than wins in the league this season says to me we should destroy them. 

Yeah I'm sure SG will hammer that in , that despite being last , we have to treat this game as if they're our title rivals . I've always said the majority of times we drop points is not because other teams are better than us but because sometimes they try harder than us . 

Thankfully this hasn't really applied this season under SG , and he has instilled a more professional attitude against the opposition as opposed to think we just have to turn up . 

Not sure Stendel actually understands Scottish football yet. The rest that play against us and them 90% of the time will sit in and hope for a point and  a couple of half chances to nick it whilst just rushing us for the first 20 mins. 

If he has any plans to play the way he’s trying to with the players he already has we should be burying them with our passing and movement off the ball if they open up. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

The BBC are absolutely horrific 😂

But he chose Hearts and his goalscoring record as a professional is actually better than Rangers striker Jermain Defoe's. Boyce has 86 goals in 179 games - a remarkable record. 

Who did he score these goals against? 

39 minutes ago, northern bear said:

I'm nervous about this. Probably based on last couple of performances and a couple of key players out. Hopefully I'm wrong and we piss all over them. 

I am the same mate. Think they will give us a good game tbh. We need to be braver on the ball tomorrow. To much passing the buck on wednesday night.

2-1 the bears defoe and big katic header.

Archived