Kobe bryant

RZA83

2 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Jeez hopefully that's not true, said 5 died, I'm assuming the pilot was included in that? 

The one I read said at least 5, his wife was not on the helicopter and he is survived by 4 daughters one born last June, so I think people are guessing all round, that would be awful if all his daughters were on board, poor mum.

59 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He’s probably in the top 3 of the most popular NBA players ever. 

He’s one of a handful of NBA players I could name - LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shaq - after that I would honestly be struggling.

58 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s one of a handful of NBA players I could name - LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Dennis Rodman, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Shaq - after that I would honestly be struggling.

Most outside North America would probably have that short list as well.  I doubt many have heard of Larry Bird or Wilt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul Jabaar for most Brits is that very tall guy from Airplane.

52 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Don't give a fuck about basketball yet struggle to comprehend someone hasn't heard of Kobe Bryant tbh.  

Depends on age (maybe), mostly how into sports you are. Different factors.  We take in a lot of US culture, but sports isn't really of them, or at least not to the level we do with their music, films, TV. NFL was huge here and even then in its heyday, only a few like Marino or Montana were well known in the UK and basketball and baseball have never been even as popular here as the NFL was. And it itself is much less popular here than it was back in the 80s.

I don't struggle to comprehend it, just as I wouldn't expect most Yanks to know who Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, John Terry, M Owen are if any of them god forbid had a fatal crash. Christ , millions of them don't know who Messi or Ronaldo are. Let alone our football and rugby legends. 

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Aye the only players I think after that is Carmelo Anthony, and then the foreign guys who are known like Yao Ming, Dirk Nowizky, Andrew Bogut, Steven Adams, Tony Parker. And that’s me done.

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

When I seen the picture and headline Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash - Probably guilty of stereotyping but I had assumed he was a rapper until I read the story. 

I am surprised after reading up on him that I have never heard of him - but I've never heard of him.

I couldn't name a current player in basketball, in fact I don't think I've ever watched a full basketball game and my knowledge of the game probably extends to what I remember from a I remember from a 10 minute slot on Trans-World Sport in the 90's

I can name a lot of 'legendary' baseball players, but couldn't name you a single current player. Other than Barry Bonds, I doubt I could name a single baseball player of the last 50yrs.  

With NFL.... current players..... Tom Brady, then erm... well.... Tom Brady. Again can name some old legends, but no idea who is who, or who the best team are (assume the Patriots as they seem to win everything, hence I know Tom Brady). 

NHL.... again, I couldn't name you a single current player. I could name folk from the late 90's as I had an NFL PlayStation game, so remember a good few names. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

When I seen the picture and headline Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash - Probably guilty of stereotyping but I had assumed he was a rapper until I read the story. 

Yeah this. Me too.

Basketball is absolutely massive in USA but relatively unknown here. I think there will be more people over here who didn't know who he was. I'm sure there are some who watch NFL but other than the Kansas City Chiefs quarter back, Mahomes, I don't know a single player.

And who are the famous Baseball players?

And I wonder how many across the pond know who the sellik kit man is.

21 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

Yeah this. Me too.

Basketball is absolutely massive in USA but relatively unknown here. I think there will be more people over here who didn't know who he was. I'm sure there are some who watch NFL but other than the Kansas City Chiefs quarter back, Mahomes, I don't know a single player.

And who are the famous Baseball players?

And I wonder how many across the pond know who the sellik kit man is.

How dare you?!

MV5BMTQwOTU0ODQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODA1NDEzMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Archived