Changes for tomorrow

hammer93

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

You could probably say that about everyone since the break bar a few.

Kamara is needed tomorrow. My favourite player last year was Arfield but I've lost the faith lately so the options are few.

Arfield would get a start for me, his touch may have gone at the moment but he still puts a shift in. Where Kamara has been posted missing for the last 3 games and if I have to scream at him to pass the ball quicker for another 90 mins it may end me. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Pretty sure he returned to them after Dubai. However he wasn't in their squad at the week-end.

Why the fuck did we take him to Dubai if he was still at Portsmouth....the mind boggles, I genuinely thought his loan was over

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't think there will be radical changes nor should there be. The group of players who played on Sunday have shown us on numerous occasions this season just how good they can be.

3 changes for me, one of them forced through injury and one of them because the main man is back from suspension. Polster, Arfield and Morelos in with Flanagan, Jack and Defoe making way. Shape wise I'm not sure if Arfield will swap with Aribo but those 3 changes are what I'm expecting. 

Exactly....SG was sensible in his after match interview by refusing to get drawn in to what he might or might not do. He said he wouldn't be talking to the team about the performance until Monday. They all know they played crap and they all willhave the law laid down about a repeat. If there isn't a reponse, then that is the time for a reaction. For now, the three changes you identified are the sensible way forward. Three points tomorrow will ease the pain.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Arfield would get a start for me, his touch may have gone at the moment but he still puts a shift in. Where Kamara has been posted missing for the last 3 games and if I have to scream at him to pass the ball quicker for another 90 mins it may end me. 

Calm doon, Alfie's back.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Wouldn’t mind so much if he was even close with those balls. 

Barry Ferguson used to attempt those balls at a constant rate if we were struggling, just a hopeful clip into the box and neither him or Davis ever created anything from it 

Just now, hammer93 said:

Why the fuck did we take him to Dubai if he was still at Portsmouth....the mind boggles, I genuinely thought his loan was over

To speed up his recovery time by training in the sunshine was how it was explained.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

One bad game and Kamara out for Halliday :lol: 

You’re not wrong, though. That would teach us plenty about Gerrard.

So you think that has been kamaras 1 bad game of recent times, you are clearly watching a different player from me, his passing had been diabolical from way before Sunday 

38 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

My point isn't that they 2 aren't brilliant but Kamara deserves to be dropped...

It's not acceptable for players to go through the motions because their is no fear of being dropped, would it seriously harm us to play either in place of Kamara for 1 game to give him a boot up the arse?

I wouldn't replace an out of form Kamara with either Halliday or Docherty.

He was poor on Sunday but deserves a chance to put it right. Im confident he will too.

McGregor

Goldson                Katic

Patterson                                               Barisic

Polster

Aribo                            Arfield

Kent

Stewart                    Morelos

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I think that's my point, Gerrard is making a rod for his own back if players are not going to be dropped after abysmal performances 

Gerrard said 7 or 8 were unrecognisable. To me that says he’ll play them again, plus if they’re on their game they are far superior to the players you mentioned. If Doc came in and was shite, Gerrard would cop it big style.

Archived