Connor Goldson

Marky.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly trying to think of a player that hasn’t let us down since the break. 

Totally agree. A draw would be ok for most SpL clubs but not for us. Gerrard has raised standards but we still don’t have the consistency. We can’t afford this number of players to only be turning in average performances. There is a lot of football still to be played but you can’t help feel we just don’t have enough. 

38 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Fucked up to put cosgrove in on goal 

Katic fucked up on the Cosgrove one that should be a goal and later completely sold Arfield with an awful pass causing him to be booked.

If Goldson does what Katic did today there's a thread about him.

50 minutes ago, SPWF said:

You’ve got to be having a laugh? The cunt is utter dugshite. Offers fuck all but 40 yard dinks to no one. 

Usually when hes offering those '40 yard dinks to no one' is because none of our midfielders are looking to take the ball from him/show for it and create something. He deserves no criticism today, done nothing wrong. 

Thought the back line overall was pretty solid and a special mention for Polster. Has ability and a meat and two veg player that I like. Would do well in midfield on Tav's return imo, because persisting with the current shite aint working. 

Not the greatest fan of Goldson. He has ability, but a bit laid back and too ponderous at times for me. I'd prefer more urgency from him and there's that heed like a 50 pence that I struggle with.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Hard to be positive after another disappointing game, but for me, Goldson was one of the few who stood up. His pass to Morelos was amazing, and he’s done similar plenty of times before. Dealt with Cosgrove who I’ve said many times may score plenty but is a terrible footballer. (Goes clean through on goal and actually loses control of it as if he’s never seen the ball on the ground before).

I think Goldson is underrated though. Dealt with their dirty tactics really well and stood up the the challenge. All in all he’s had a good season.

Gutted the rest didn’t have his fight today.

You need specs mate. Goldson isnt even half the player Edmundson is, but he is treated like the golden boy of the squad. Hes a pound shop Amoruso

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He put Morelos through on goal with a 40 yard dink today.

If youre gonna judge a defe der on his long passes then youre an idiot.

Won most of his areial battles today and did well.

Agree with this, I think he was totally dominant in the air today, won 99% of Ariel challenges, he’s definitely added to his game with the vision and ‘mostly’ decent execution of diagonal long balls. All in all he gave a decent account of himself today...

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's fucking mental. What game(s) are you judging Edmundson on?

Hes played 3 games for us and never put a foot wrong. That clown goldson has cost us games with his dithering on the ball more than 3 times this season. Hes pish 

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

You need specs mate. Goldson isnt even half the player Edmundson is, but he is treated like the golden boy of the squad. Hes a pound shop Amoruso

Amazing thing to say having seen Edmundson as often as we have. You might not agree with what I’ve said, but what you’ve said in return is just daft.

8 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Hes played 3 games for us and never put a foot wrong. That clown goldson has cost us games with his dithering on the ball more than 3 times this season. Hes pish 

Goldson is bombproof with the manager and 90% of the fans and I just can’t figure out why.

34 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Amazing thing to say having seen Edmundson as often as we have. You might not agree with what I’ve said, but what you’ve said in return is just daft.

The only thing thats daft is the cunt seems undroppable. Hes a blindspot thats gonnae cost gerrard his job imo. He fucked up against the tims at ibrox in a game they would have been happy to take a point in. That would have meant no advantage in the league going into the hearts game and from that point we have crumbled. No way he should be an automatic starter after costing us in the two games v them (league and cup final at hampden where he gave away the freekick) 

Archived