Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

11 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

If you go out and dominate possession against diddy teams like Kilmarnock and Hearts (which we absolutely should btw), create clear cut chances (which we aren’t btw) and score 2/3 good goals per game (which we don’t btw), then refereeing decisions don’t make a great deal of difference.

What is ridiculous is blaming every defeat/draw on the officials. Performances weren’t good enough, decisions weren’t good enough and ultimately there is nobody in the team able to take the game by the scruff of the neck. We are miles off it mate. Miles.

But the fact is we done enough to take the 3 points if the referee had done has job properly and fairly. Morelos scored a perfectly good goal, chopped off purely for being Morelos. I don't think any impartial observer would watch that and say the goal shouldn't have stood. 

We shouldn't need to score extra goals to make up for cheating officials

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Defending for their winner was, but the first goal should never have fucking stood and I'm sick to fuck of talking about poor refereeing performances.

It's game after fucking game with bizarre decision after decision

I would remove gerrard asap hess bottled it again exactly the same time again as last year.

Remove him asap how can we trust a manager who has bottled it and when next season is to stop 10 he isnt fit for the task 

Put McCoist, Warburton and Caixhinha in this position of getting close but then going through an arse-collapsing January and February and we'd be calling for every one of them to be sacked.  SG is now under massive pressure and I don't see how he turns this around.  

We can all moan about the on-field decisions but, most importantly, we've been utter gash since the return from Dubai and we have gotten exactly what our performances have merited.  I posted a gif against Ross County that we were papering over the cracks and it has gotten worse rather than better since.  Anyone trying to find excuses for 2020 need to start with looking at us first, it's simply inexcusable for the £££ being spent. 

If I under-performed so badly over a 2month period, my boss would be calling me in for an urgent meeting. 

4 minutes ago, Camshy said:

No chance should Stevie G be sacked but he could and should have made changes before we went to 1-1. I was screaming at the TV for changes , specially up top with Morelos clearly playing poorly.

The worry for me is he doesn’t learn, how often do we see him with no idea how to change the game, leaving subs far too late etc. It’s the same thing time and time again and we keep letting him off the hook. He got a second chance after our capitulation last January after the break, this season again no lessons have been learnt and the same thing has happened.

Im angry and emotional right now so will probably think differently in the morning but right now after that I want him gone because nothings changing, I’ve got no faith he can win us anything.

It shouldn't be on the line yet, but he may need reminded this club is far, far bigger than him. Have a look and be brave enough to rip up this game plan and try something new, teams have us sussed. 

Warburton got punted for his "do plan A better" mentality. 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Premature? So honestly when do we consider sacking Gerrard?

Is it after hes blown another 10/15 million on players who havent got us any closer to the taigs? Or is it when they are going for 12, 13, 14 in a row? 

The only reason hes still in a job after tonight is because of his name, ANY other Rangers manager would get sacked for the current form alone.

No one wants to hear it, I don't want to hear it but we have made progress.

It's still not what we want though as fans. We crave silverware. We need success. 

Part of the problem is the praise for Gerrard has been OTT, and equally the criticism now will be OTT.

The 11 that started that game let us down more than the manager.  It's easy to say Gerrard should do more (and he should) but where was Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Jack, Arfield, Goldson, McGregor, Tav , all big players when we really needed them. It's also easy to say make subs (and I think he should have) but can we all honestly say Kamberi, Stewart or Jones would have made a difference?

We're all scunnered but IMO sacking (certainly tonight) is not the answer.

Gerrard has been given more time and money than previous managers on his name alone.

That's not enough now. If we hired an under 18's manager who had the same record as Gerrard against your Aberdeen's and your Kilmarnock's then he'd be out on his arse. 

If we don't win a trophy he should go. I have lost all confidence in him. 

Problem is getting someone in who has to stop 10 in one season.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There's fucking no-body. If brain dead cunts start to air these Gerrard out views at matches it will lead to a series of events that ends up with some cunt like McInnes in charge.

Im sure there are many potential appointments. You are just too fucking stupid to realise.  

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He's throwing this team under a bus..

He's criticising them and himself. Rightly.

100% correct to question their mentality. Players that can't take that obvious criticism shouldn't be here.

10 minutes ago, chris182 said:

His jobs definitely on the line; if he fails to win the Scottish Cup I'm coming round to someone's idea on here that he'll walk as he won't want to be in post for ten in a row.  It seems he doesn't know how to get us over the line.

Unfortunately, he may well walk in a couple of weeks, then.

Since returning from the winter break we haven't been scoring heavily enough.  Scored a few against Hibs and Hamilton but beyond that it's only 1 goal, or none against Aberdeen.  We should be scoring 3 or 4 goals a game.  We have the players to setup with a more attack minded formation like a 4-2-3-1 and need to at least try it now the league is over.  The 4-3-3 is fine in Europe and against celtic but against everyone else we need to set ourselves up to attack and score plenty of goals.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Gerrard's right to call out our defending but disappointed in him playing down the handball.

Needs to call out his own shortcomings like standing like a tit for 70 odd minutes before making changes that were needed half an hour beforehand... Like he does all the time

Where is his plan B? 

He's a cheek to call anyone out 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Needs to call out his own shortcomings like standing like a tit for 70 odd minutes before making changes that were needed half an hour beforehand... Like he does all the time

Where is his plan B? 

Tbf mate the first thing he said was this is his fault, this is his squad and the board have backed him and this is on him. 

Then he threw the players under the bus too. Absolute shithsow 

Just now, Inigo said:

100% correct to question their mentality. Players that can't take that obvious criticism shouldn't be here.

I agree but you can't sack 11 players. If they down tools hes done

Just now, The Godfather said:

Where is his plan B? 

Why's every cunt obsessed about making changes?

Morelos wasn't having a great game but you don't take him off to put on Stewart or Kamberi for fuck sake unless he's down to one leg.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I will give him that. They are shitebags. But he should've seen the way it was going and removed some of them before the equaliser came. Everyone knew it was coming. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I agree but you can't sack 11 players. If they down tools hes done

If they dowm tools then he's right about them and we're fucked either way. The kind of players that would down tools at a bit of criticism ain't winning anything here.

Archived