Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

No one wants to hear it, I don't want to hear it but we have made progress.

It's still not what we want though as fans. We crave silverware. We need success. 

Part of the problem is the praise for Gerrard has been OTT, and equally the criticism now will be OTT.

The 11 that started that game let us down more than the manager.  It's easy to say Gerrard should do more (and he should) but where was Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Jack, Arfield, Goldson, McGregor, Tav , all big players when we really needed them. It's also easy to say make subs (and I think he should have) but can we all honestly say Kamberi, Stewart or Jones would have made a difference?

We're all scunnered but IMO sacking (certainly tonight) is not the answer.

Agreed we have made progress but considering what's been spent it's simply not enough.

The 11 that start the game did let us down but the manager picks the team and right now all across the team we have round pegs in square holes

Halliday at left back

Aribo/Arfield both in centre midfield

Hagi out right

That was just tonight. Gerrard signs players and forces them to play into the same formation/style he's played since he walked in the door, we have 1 game plan and if that doesn't work we don't change anything until the last 5 minutes when we panic and just launch balls forward. He has to take the blame for that because he's spent a small fortune and still doesn't have a team of players who suit what he wants to play & teams know how to play against us now so we're struggling. 

The subs wouldn't have made any difference because yet again, they aren't good enough signings. Said this last week on another topic but our best players from back to front are Mcgregor, Tav, Jack & Morelos...Gerrard wasn't responsible for signing any of them & has been here for nearly 2 years now...that's the issue.

8 games since the break that's 720 minutes of football. 

We've looked like the team we were in December in roughly 90.

That entire 2nd half was screaming for changes to be made, but low and behold again Gerrard doesn't pull his finger out his arse until we concede a goal. 

His record against Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hertz away from home is shocking. 

Slowly losing patience with him, we need answers as to why this team collapse in the business end of a season. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No manager should ever be sacked based on this then..

I don't want to go off topic, but generally speaking managers get too much praise when it goes well and too much stick when it goes wrong IMO. We are all probably guilty of it to an extent. There are a number of factors that impact results, and the easy target and sacrifice is always the manager.

Ultimately if you have a team/squad of good players you have a chance of doing well and being successful. The players have proven they are good enough in certain matches. They have the talent. I think it's lazy (not a go at anyone) to blame a manager when a player is playing shit. Players have it too easy. Take responsibility. Take ownership. It's always the managers fault. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves as well as Gerrard. Everyone is culpable.

To be clear i'm not blindly following Gerrard. Gerrard will never be bigger than Rangers. No one ever will. We simply cannot let the season fizzle out. 

If performances and results continue, then my opinion will change but for now I don't think he should be sacked. I hope I don't need to change my opinion for our sake.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

No one wants to hear it, I don't want to hear it but we have made progress.

It's still not what we want though as fans. We crave silverware. We need success. 

Part of the problem is the praise for Gerrard has been OTT, and equally the criticism now will be OTT.

The 11 that started that game let us down more than the manager.  It's easy to say Gerrard should do more (and he should) but where was Morelos, Kent, Hagi, Jack, Arfield, Goldson, McGregor, Tav , all big players when we really needed them. It's also easy to say make subs (and I think he should have) but can we all honestly say Kamberi, Stewart or Jones would have made a difference?

We're all scunnered but IMO sacking (certainly tonight) is not the answer.

Fucking he'll mate, which any way you want to spin this out, we have been fucking woeful since the turn of the year, exactly the same as this time last year, so we've been here before and learnt nothing.  As others have said, any other manager and we would be calling for his head, but you reckon we should stay with Stevie the Scouser. I admire your loyalty, but loyalty only goes so far and right now we have reached the point where, even tomorrow would be too much time to give him.  

7 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He's criticising them and himself. Rightly.

100% correct to question their mentality. Players that can't take that obvious criticism shouldn't be here.

Too many players are too hampered. If they can't deal with a few home truths then they shouldn't be here. Everyone is to blame but ultimately it's the players on the park.

Take away bad refereeing decisions, almost everyone was off it tonight.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If they dowm tools then he's right about them and we're fucked either way. The kind of players that would down tools at a bit of criticism ain't winning anything here.

But they're largely his shitebags so he's no one to blame.

As long as this form is arrested, Gerrard gets another season for me. Still think there's alot positive about him. A good deal more positive than negative.

He's still new to this. Surely we knew when we took him on we should be expecting mistakes given he's a rookie?

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

The fact this has happened twice in both seasons at almost identical times is not a coincidence to me. 

Questions need asked about what why we’re not changing a failing system on the park.  

Aberdeen, at this stage in their last season challenging at 2nd, had a lower points difference. That really worries me.

Archived