Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

17 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Fucking he'll mate, which any way you want to spin this out, we have been fucking woeful since the turn of the year, exactly the same as this time last year, so we've been here before and learnt nothing.  As others have said, any other manager and we would be calling for his head, but you reckon we should stay with Stevie the Scouser. I admire your loyalty, but loyalty only goes so far and right now we have reached the point where, even tomorrow would be too much time to give him.  

I'm not trying to spin anything. In the cold light of day, I have no loyalty to Gerrard. Players and managers will come and go. All that matters is us winning trophies. Right now, I agree that's looking pretty bleak. And if we continue to fail Gerrard and a number of players will move on.

We have been so off it this year but it's not Gerrards fault Morelos was suspended for the first 3 games, Tav, Borna, Jack and Defoe have been injured. Most of the squad are off form and some of the decisions we've had (or not had) have been scandalous. Of course, Gerrard doesn't get a pass. He has made mistakes, several mistakes but any time he makes a mistake it's because he is a rookie, inexperienced manager. Over the past few weeks i've seen managers at Man City, Barca, Real Juve, Dortmund etc make mistakes too.

I agree, if it wasn't for Gerrard's name he would be under far more pressure. That won't last much longer if results and performances don't change.

IMO, at this moment in time, to rip up and start again would potentially create far bigger problems.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Prso's headband said:

The tarriers shoot on sight, attack with 6-7 players and continue to do so until they get their goal (s). 

If we actually had the tactical awareness to attack in numbers and continue to go for the jugular when we’re up 1-0 we’d be in a much better place. 

Instead we go side to side, out to the wing, whip it in to one guy and repeat. 

There simple has to be a degree of directness in this league. Not Sam Allardyce route one but you have to get the ball forward quickly and with purpose.

Passing it side to side at a snails pace gets you nowhere in games like tonight.

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

This.

It’s easy for people to say teams will try harder against us than them but that’s the true reality. 

We have a far superior team to 99% of the teams we play domestically. We have one player who costs more than than every teams squad we play bar them. 

We had no problem beating teams before the winter break this season and last. The reason we are this far behind again is piss poor mentality and our bottle being that of losers. When we hVe a chance to cement our place at the top or take advantage we shit the bed... Its a recurring theme. 

To say its just cause they have better players is naive as fuck. Any competent manager and team with the resources we have wouldnt struggle to break down the shite we have dropped points to. Didn't see Warburton or Pedro getting this defence and rightly so. 

2 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Gio

Blanc

HOughton

These aren't anywhere close to guaranteed upgrades for fuck sake.

Republic of Ireland international Hughton? That's before we talk about the fact he's won next to fuck all in his managerial career and been sacked from just about every club he's been at?

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard simply has to be given next season. Changing managers and therefore players is not the answer to stopping ten. There is a good nucleus in that squad. We simply have to keep going. Maybe a new Chairman and new investment can spark new ideas. Gerrard is NOT without fault but I don't think he is the reason for us not catching them. He needs more time. I'm beginning to wonder however if he will be up for the fight.

Where is the good nucleus of a title winning squad.

Bearing in mind our squad next season will have added pressure of trying to stop 10 in a row.

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Btw, maybe we don't want to admit it, but sellic have better players, so they WILL find breaking teams down easier.

celtic setup in a more attacking way which helps them break teams down.  

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

These aren't anywhere close to guaranteed upgrades for fuck sake.

Republic of Ireland international Hughton? That's before we talk about the fact he's won next to fuck all in his managerial career and been sacked from just about every club he's been at?

You asked for names fanny baws theres three now fuck off you fucking bell end, we have a manager that was a kid coach.

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

This.

It’s easy for people to say teams will try harder against us than them but that’s the true reality. 

Exactly - look how buzzing Brophy and O'Donnell were in the post match interview. It wasn't for fucking Kilmarnock that's for sure.

Just now, DBBTB said:

There simple has to be a degree of directness in this league. Not Sam Allardyce route one but you have to get the ball forward quickly and with purpose.

Passing it side to side at a snails pace gets you nowhere in games like tonight.

No coincidence for the most part we’ve looked fantastic in Europe because teams come out and play. 

We’re far too pedestrian and conservative allowing opponents to get back into position. 

Without watching it the majority of the tarriers goals will have been 6-7 of them piling forward constantly attacking, creating 2 on 1s all over the final 3rd. 

Our reliance on the front 3 to do something is criminal

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Where is the good nucleus of a title winning squad.

Bearing in mind our squad next season will have added pressure of trying to stop 10 in a row.

And you are taking out 30 odd goals when Morelos fucks off due to winning nothing here 

I dont think we can bring in a new manager then win the league next season. I think he has to stay simply because we need at least some consistency, but he needs to get a fucking grip. Maybe bringing in someone with experience in scottish football to be alongside Gerrard would be a good idea

If plan A fails he just tries plan A again, teams have sussed us out and know how were going to play,  we do the same thing every single game, totally predictable.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

The tarriers shoot on sight, attack with 6-7 players and continue to do so until they get their goal (s). 

If we actually had the tactical awareness to attack in numbers and continue to go for the jugular when we’re up 1-0 we’d be in a much better place. 

Maybe true. They still have better players though. And generally better players will win more games. Neil Lennon is competent but he's no genius. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Maybe true. They still have better players though. And generally better players will win more games. Neil Lennon is competent but he's no genius. 

Don’t agree they have better players at all tbh. Their mentality and going all out attack is the major difference. 

Just now, Bertent said:

You asked for names fanny baws theres three now fuck off you fucking bell end, we have a manager that was a kid coach.

Blanc who hasn't managed in half a decade or anywhere outside France, and a fucking Republic of Ireland stalwart? Get to fuck man for fuck sake

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'm not trying to spin anything. In the cold light of day, I have no loyalty to Gerrard. Players and managers will come and go. All that matters is us winning trophies. Right now, I agree that's looking pretty bleak. And if we continue to fail Gerrard and a number of players will move on.

We have been so off it this year but it's not Gerrards fault Morelos was suspended for the first 3 games, Tav, Borna, Jack and Defoe have been injured. Most of the squad are off form and some of the decisions we've had (or not had) have been scandalous. Of course, Gerrard doesn't get a pass. He has made mistakes, several mistake but any time he makes a mistake it's because he is a rookie, inexperienced manager. Over the past few weeks i've seen managers at Man City, Barca, Real Juve, Dortmund etc make mistakes too.

I agree, if it wasn't for Gerrard's name he would be under far more pressure. That won't last much longer if results and performances don't change.

IMO, at this moment in time, to rip up and start again would potentially create far bigger problems.

Gerrard could have been harsher on Morelos last season when he got 5 red cards, Or just properly disciplining him, so to say it’s not his fault he got a 3 game ban is nonsense. 1 of them was for diving too which could fall on the door of the manager. 

im pissed off and looking for targets mate, my point stands though but I’m off to bed before the realisation kicks in. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We could really do with a player similar to McGregor, Armstrong or Rogic who can shoot from distance and score double figures.

I don’t know how many goals Jack, Arfield and Aribo have between them in the league but it’s probably less than 10

Archived