Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We're demanding Gerrard wins the league when our wage bill is a third of whatever of theirs and they can go out and spend the guts of £6 million in January on two players who didn't even make their bench tonight (I've no idea if they were injured or what).

I demand that too as that's the standard at the club but we all have to accept it's a pretty tough fucking job he has.

Take Kamberi for example, you'd imagine he was far down the list of players we would have wanted to sign but we had fuck all money to spend it would seem and in the little game time he's had he's been every bit as bad as every cunt thought he'd be. Vydra might have come on and changed tonight's game.

Gerrard said himself post match he could've brought more players in January and chose not to do so as he thought he had enough.  

I believe we have enough to beat teams like tonight. However, time and time again he watches the same shite unfold in front of him and waits far too long to change anything.

He's far too reactive instead of proactive subs wise. And, whilst I wish our bench was so much stronger than it is/was tonight, he doesn't even attempt to change tactics to suit the way teams like Killie set up. Just the same hope we have enough shite every time.

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

Start a run of winning league games, pap hearts out the Scottish cup, get to last 16 in Europe 

We've never had a substantial run of winning league games and certainly won't start now, not anything that counts.

Hearts bullied us and let's be honest, this team don't have it in them. 

Europe matters so little when we're making a complete cunt of it where it actually counts. 

I don't see us getting to what is acceptably back on track this season at all. 

7 minutes ago, VallancesDog said:

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be. He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Zidane.

You don't have people like that talking of the character of a man for the fun of it.

The fact remains 

20 odd years as a player and a manger at 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe

Zero league titles 

A great footballer doesn’t always make a decent manager 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Mccoist was a winner.... 

As I said before it matters not a fuck if you were a good footballer who won the lot. Management success isn't based on that. 

The list of examples is endless 

Am not saying tht Gerrard is or will be a great manager. I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team. No manager is goin to change these players imo

Just now, Nk89 said:

Am not saying tht Gerrard is or will be a great manager. I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team. No manager is goin to change these players imo

Well its his team and he's ploughed 15 odd million into it so if he can't change them he deserves the boot surely. 

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

A winner is a winner,  Gerrard is determined to success alot of these players clearly arent

How many seasons can you give him tho it's his team 

Hes the one picking the players 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team.

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion , hes got as much passion as the shite hes signed for the club.......

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

A winner is a winner,  Gerrard is determined to success alot of these players clearly arent

He signed these players and the buck always stops with the manager.

It's all well and good saying he determined to succeed but it counts for nothing if he keeps making the same mistakes. One formation for every side,  late subs and still struggling against the same sides. 

We have thrown it away after doing so well at the pedo dome, and putting ourselves in a decent position, we have complete fucking destoyed any chance of stopping 9 in a row in fucking February and with the backing he has had Gerrard has to be looking over his shoulder, we have capitulated from a position of strength and Gerrard has to take the critism that will come his way. Gutted doesn't even come close. We can't even moan about the refs as we always stay silent even when we get royally fucked all the time and until our board start doing something about it we will have to endure more of the same. 

I think a huge problem is that managers with a game against us coming up can talk to their team and say, look... if you work like fuck for 90 minutes it's highly possible you'll get something to show for it. Talks about most of our games since the break and shows them that hard work and discipline and a bit of luck could pay off.

Meanwhile we have rumours that teams like Hearts are thinking about resting players against celtic because they don't think it's worth the effort to try to get something off them.

Said before on this thread, Gerrard doesn't have experience to fix something like this but he must have plenty cunts on his phone who do and whose advice he could ask for. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He signed these players and the buck always stops with the manager.

It's all well and good saying he determined to succeed but it counts for nothing if he keeps making the same mistakes. One formation for every side,  late subs and still struggling against the same sides. 

Yip signed based on ability tht is all he can go on! They have the ability but are shitebags! Should we have to change formation for killie tho? Man city, liverpool barca, play the same way week in week out. Our gulf in class compared to the rest of the league, we shouldnt need to change formation. 

We could do mo harm but, Murphy has scored 3 in 4, created goals. My pet hate if Gerrard, given not a chance to prove his worth...

Big Mccrorie too, crying out for a Scottish born blue nose with just sheer guts n determination at tynecastle n pittodrie... tonight too when we are on the back foot. Gerrard has single handedly put his career n middlestions back a season for fkn shey ojo and Andy fkn who king....

Gerrard really has till next January to be ontop in the league imo.

We have folded like a deck of cards with some serial losers who dont have the mentality, fight, determination or understanding of what this a truly means.. 

Jimmy bell must be feeling it because by God, those jerseys on them pegs are far too heavy for some.

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team.

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion , hes got as much passion as the shite hes signed for the club.......

Because he is a winner! He isnt going to change 

Just now, Supersonic said:

Gerrard said himself post match he could've brought more players in January and chose not to do so as he thought he had enough.  

I believe we have enough to beat teams like tonight. However, time and time again he watches the same shite unfold in front of him and waits far too long to change anything.

He's far too reactive instead of proactive subs wise. And, whilst I wish our bench was so much stronger than it is/was tonight, he doesn't even attempt to change tactics to suit the way teams like Killie set up. Just the same hope we have enough shite every time.

We're pissing about with loans, players not playing for their clubs or approaching the ends of contracts though. I'm not sure Gerrard's talking about going out and spending millions.

I agree we should have enough to beat teams like Killie. In spells I thought we actually shifted the ball really well considering the pitch. The move that ended up in the corner for Arfield's goal being a good example.

Not sure I agree with the changing tactics thing. Keep seeing this being mentioned but without any suggestion of what people think he should be doing other than two up top or similar. We had the ball pretty much constantly and they were sat in. Morelos misses for him what was a sitter with the header, unluckily hits the bar with the lob, has a good goal ruled out for fuck all and they get a goal that shouldn't have stood and Dicker should have been off in the first half for a second yellow. I'm not convinced losing the game had much to do with tactics.

Regarding his subs, people are desperate for subs then they come on and do next to fuck all. I said somewhere else as poor a game as Morelos was having for his standards, you don't take him off for Kamberi or Stewart unless he's on one leg.

image.thumb.png.f3b5481b4f412371a293d33d2aca2b9d.png   

image.thumb.png.3a6560c080ee2883eba417477ba6bbaa.png

39pts left to play for we've certainly got some wiggle room on last season's total but the scum don't look like slowing down either.

We either throw in the towel and accept we're not good enough to win this title or we take a good look at ourselves in the mirror and work out how to put these defensive teams to the sword and not throw away 8 months of hard work.

If the scum are going to win the league, at least push them all the way to the line.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We're demanding Gerrard wins the league when our wage bill is a third of whatever of theirs and they can go out and spend the guts of £6 million in January on two players who didn't even make their bench tonight (I've no idea if they were injured or what).

I demand that too as that's the standard at the club but we all have to accept it's a pretty tough fucking job he has.

Take Kamberi for example, you'd imagine he was far down the list of players we would have wanted to sign but we had fuck all money to spend it would seem and in the little game time he's had he's been every bit as bad as every cunt thought he'd be. Vydra might have come on and changed tonight's game.

In the league on head to heads we are level this season. We probably spend 4-5 times what the 3rd highest wage bill and the other 10 teams have probably spent less than a million on transfers compared to about 12 million for us

He has been backed to the hilt compared to the last few managers and we have probably gambled everything on stopping the 9

13 minutes ago, Red Matrix said:

We're in better financial state. We've beaten some very good sides in Europe, and qualified to the knockout stages. We've toppled them and came very close to beating them in the cup. We have players who, despite the tanking they're getting, are actually sellable assets. And yes, we're picking up more points in the league.

He's doing a fine job.

Ok. You seem to be begging people to tell you 1 thing wring with your paragraph which is either very catholic, or very stupid when your last words were "He's doing a fine job".

On that point alone, he has had more budget and more time that any other manager recently yet has consitantly failed against teams like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. His recors against them is terrible. He also fucked us over the first OF this season changing the formation to have NO wingers. 

2nd point: "Were in a better financial state".....than who? Wee Davie fae the job centre? Our finances are nothing to gloat about or inidication of the success or failings of a manager.

3rd point: "We came very close to beating them in the cup". The day you take losong a game to them in a cup final as a positive is the day you stop supporting our team son.

4th point: "We have sellable assets" Who is gonna buy Arfield? Davis? Defoe? McGregor? Greg Stewart? Brandon Barker? Andy Haliday? Firth? So we have Morelos maybe Tav but we have a shocking pattern lately of bringing players in and after 4 shite games they rot away and we simply pay them until their contract is up.

I get it. Youre a young guy. When you talk about Rangers legends you think of guys like Lee Wallace, Moshni, Barrie Mckay. But read the fucking script here. We dont celabrate runners up to them in finals or finishing second but with a wee bit more points than we finished 2nd last season.

Archived