Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yet he plays the same shitebags week in and week out.  He's also had 4 windows to move on and recruit players with drive and a winning mentality. 

The teams you mention can switch things up when a game isn't going for them. Take liverpool the side Gerrard wants us to play like.

The 433 is not ridged. It can change to a different shape/approach during the game depending on circumstances, goal behind, player struggling etc.  It keeps them from being predictable something we very much are.

Teams know exactly what we are going to do and can prepare for it.  

Only found out they were shitebags since new year.

Yip they are also 100million players that can pull them out a hole with a bit of magic.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Fans expect to much ? 

What age are you ?

Most of us older guys only know winning , its the way this team has always been , if you dont win you fail........

Thats the problem the older guys have no patiences.

Patiences are the most important thing at a time like this.

If its not instant success yous want to rip it up n start again.

Imagine Klopp got the Rangers job when Liverpool hires him. Yous woulda wanted him out the door way before now!

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

Its impossible for him to know there mentality until they have been put in the position!

Underdogs in final n parkhead pumped them.

Favourites at ibrox and since new year. Shat it.

That is the players mentality.

Your correct you also understand I'd hope that it's the management that will change before anything that's how it works

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

The players he has signed on the whole have been fuckin garbage , hes been trying to get rid of some after 6 months.

To some on here you just cant say a bad word about the guy , hes tactically clueless and as long as hes at the club we are never stopping the taigs.

Like some have said though , we are stuck with him and his backroom staff as they are all on long expensive contracts , just like many of the donkeys he has signed.....

Literally sums up our current situation 

The players he has signed havent improved the team & the league table is showing that yet again. 

He shows hes a rookie manager when hes trying to punt players less than 6 months after signing them & for the fact that he signs players who clearly dont suit his system (which he will never change by the looks of it)

We are stuck with Gerrard unless he decides to walk which is something I think could happen if we take a hammering off Braga & on current form, that's something which could easily happen.

1 minute ago, Vision said:

People seem to forget, we're in a unique situation where we started miles behind them.

That's the reality.

I think the biggest problem we have now is the refs manipulating the matches. The constant misrepresentation of the rule book will have an effect on our team. The team have shown they have what it takes in Euro matches where the rule book is applied fairly and without bias.

If he couldn't win the league last season he never would, the scum were without a recognised striker for months  after selling  dembele , the scum fans were raging at that point and could see us taking the league , but Gerrard blew it

10 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Only found out they were shitebags since new year.

Yip they are also 100million players that can pull them out a hole with a bit of magic.

Come on mate. They have collapsed 2 years on the bounce. Look at the 11 tonight.  9 of those players were here last season. Don't tell me Gerrard has only just learned about their attitude and mentality after the new year. 

You are saying they have 100m players to pull them out a hole.  Look purley at our league. We have a spent more money outside of the taigs and still we can't consistently put away teams like aberdeen and kilmarnock. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Look purely at our league. We have a spent more money outside of the taigs and still we can't consistently put away teams like aberdeen and kilmarnock. 

Over £20m in 2 seasons, not including loan fees and wages. Brutal as fuck.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Come on mate. They have collapsed 2 years on the bounce. Look at the 11 tonight.  9 of those players were here last season. Don't tell me Gerrard has only just learned about their attitude and mentality after the new year. 

You are saying they have 100m players to pull them out a hole.  Look purley at our league. We have a spent more money outside of the taigs and still we can't consistently put away teams like aberdeen and kilmarnock. 

Yip agree, but the cup final performance and winning at parkhead musta made gerrard feel as if the team were mentally up to it.

Yip thats why am saying we shouldnt have to change formation etc.. our players should be good enough to win these games but have no confidence to get on the ball and make it happen.

I cant blame Gerrard for this happening.

Yep, if it isn’t then it should be!!

Tactically inept and doesn’t “manage” games well when we’re up against it, waits far to long to make substitutions when players are spent! 

plan a fails, do it better???
Nope we need several plans, remember wee dick playing tugay as a sweeper at Monaco in the CL? We won 1-0 and played them off the park by surprising them probably!! 

He needs to rethink this summmer as our formation domestically is shite. We usually win most games here because our players are generally better footballers not because of his tactical naus.

Im worried he’s just another warburton with a famous face/name!

The answer to the OP question is: Yes, his job should be on the line.    I like Gerrard as a person and for the way he handles the media but the bottom line is it is all about winning.   He has an assistant and God knows how many other back-room staff but when it comes down to the end result, it just isn't happening.   Tonight's result wasn't all down to the team or the management as the refereeing was abysmal but the stark reality is that we looked lacking in ideas for long spells and previous games were exactly the same.  Leadership on and off the park is seriously lacking.

The start that the filth have made to the 2nd half of the season was always going to mean that the league was going to be a big ask, and that is without us shooting ourselves in the foot like we have.

We really needed them to drop a few good points in January and February for us to stand a chance, even if we had won all our games since the restart from the winter break it was always going to be a long chalk on us winning it.

I genuinely think we have the best coaches in Michael Beale and the team. I think Gerrard is great as a face for the club. He brings a certain value by being there and puts us on the map more globaly.

However, the fact remains he is an untested manager whos previous experience is at under 18 level. We also have Gary Mac as no.2 with again, little experience despite being a 'likeable guy'. 

Gerrard has proved me wrong as i though when we got him it was a mistake hmand he was too risky. He has achieved decent things in his time here but i fear he has taken us as far as he can. 

Big problem is, getting someone in who in 1 season can stop them. Thats what it has come down to. People laugh when Walter is suggested but i genuinely think that is the only man i would take IF we got rid of Gerrard as he knows how to win and has done it with lesser players at his helm.

39 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

As soons as he is booked for diving he shoulda been subbed! More interested in winning penalties that scoring! What the fuck is he doing!

I haven't read the whole thread but assume this post is about Morelos.  He was booked for diving when the TV proved that a Killie player  actually pulled his arm.   He was later fouled in the penalty area again in front of Beaton  as shown on TV but didn't get the decision.  He scored a goal incorrectly disallowed for minimal contact.   The Killie player Dicker should have had a second yellow for simulation when there was no contact whatsoever.  There were a lot of things wrong tonight but Morelos is far down the list for blame in this instance.  Rangers were poor but Beaton was awful (yet again).

Won’t win anything with Gerrard.  Sorry but I’ve seen enough. His post match interview was the final  nail for me. Lennon would be snarling and spitting at the cameras in disgust at the decisions. Gerrard says it wasn’t a handball for killies equaliser (agreed across the board it was) and just sounds totally defeated and resigned to second best. Totally uninspiring, no wonder the players look mentally weak .

1 minute ago, kirkiebear said:

Won’t win anything with Gerrard.  Sorry but I’ve seen enough. His post match interview was the final  nail for me. Lennon would be snarling and spitting at the cameras in disgust at the decisions. Gerrard says it wasn’t a handball for killies equaliser (agreed across the board it was) and just sounds totally defeated and resigned to second best. Totally uninspiring, no wonder the players look mentally weak .

He's mentally weak remember he shat himself when he practically signed for Chelsea, until the Liverpool mafia had a word with him

2 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

... and he NEVER gets done for it. Gerrard says something and we get fined, which leads me to believe that Rangers hands are tied because of the 5 way agreement.

15 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Yip agree, but the cup final performance and winning at parkhead musta made gerrard feel as if the team were mentally up to it.

Yip thats why am saying we shouldnt have to change formation etc.. our players should be good enough to win these games but have no confidence to get on the ball and make it happen.

I cant blame Gerrard for this happening.

If he's judging the teams mentality on two games vs the taigs he deserves the criticism

He should be judging over the course of a season. This is a side that couldn't hold onto top spot in the league for one game and then throw away points before the break to hearts and Aberdeen.  

As for formation yes we should have the ability to change the formation and approach. Even the best teams with money spent can switch things up when their normal approach isn't working on the day. You can't just expect the same thing to work all the time that's pure naivety 

Archived