Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

I think somebody put up last week he signed 24 players when you looked at the list on 3 or 4 were decent ffs

Not sure if this list is actually 100% correct but I believe they were all signed under SG.

Murphy        fail

Arfield           not bad but not great

McGregor          Success

Ejaria                   Fail

Katic                      Success but needs mentoring

Goldson                Too erratic for me

Flanagan          fail

Coulibaly           fail

Sadiq                     fail

Kent                       fail

Barisic                   Success

Lafferty                  fail

Worral                   fail

Grezda                   fail

Defoe                      Success if used correctly

Davis                       Success but age is telling in my opinion

Polster                    Not impressed

Firth                         No idea about him

McAuley              fail

Jones                      Fail so far

Hastie                    Not had a chance

Stewart                  Not had enough of a chance but I would give him more time

Ojo                            fail

Edmundson          Partial success but needs mentoring

Aribo                        Partial success but needs mentoring

Helander                I'm not impressed at all.  Looks far too slow for me.

Barker                      Abject fail.

King                           fail and no idea why we signed him

Hagi                            Promising but too early to tell

Kamberi                    Not had a chance as yet.

Obviously these are my opinions and no doubt others will vary.    

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plain and simple he needs to go. Doesn’t learn from his mistakes and insistence on playing the same shite tactics week after week is just ridiculous 

How a world class midfielder in his day can’t see that our 3 in midfield gets overrun every week and is our weakness is just baffling. Morelos and Kent are badly out of form but they need support and service from midfield and it’s just simply not there . 

we badly need to invest in strong, physical midfielders who won’t take any shite and win the battle. A switch to 451 is what’s needed in this league and we need a manager who isn’t scared to make changes when things are not going our way. 

The answer to the opening post is no his job shouldn't be on the line.  

The fact of the matter is we have a squad of average players. Nothing more.  We have a great keeper and a few players who could become very good players(Morelos and Kent and a few others) 

Gerrard has improved us certainly.  We are in the last 32 of the Europa League and may win the Scottish Cup. 

Too many fans seem to forget the money that is required to bring in great players. Mid table teams in the English Championship regularly spend 8 to 12 million on players.

So this is the reality of the level we are at! 

44 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I haven't read the whole thread but assume this post is about Morelos.  He was booked for diving when the TV proved that a Killie player  actually pulled his arm.   He was later fouled in the penalty area again in front of Beaton  as shown on TV but didn't get the decision.  He scored a goal incorrectly disallowed for minimal contact.   The Killie player Dicker should have had a second yellow for simulation when there was no contact whatsoever.  There were a lot of things wrong tonight but Morelos is far down the list for blame in this instance.  Rangers were poor but Beaton was awful (yet again).

Sorry mate but none of the ‘fouls’ on Morelos were penalties.

He has to stay on his feet. If he’s brought down that’s a different matter. But he wasn’t. Nor was he impeded. 

He is currently making the wrong decisions and it’s harming us.

on another note there was fuck all wrong with his goal that was chalked off

2 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

The fact of the matter is we have a squad of average players. Nothing more.  We have a great keeper and a few players who could become very good players(Morelos and Kent and a few others) 

Gerrard has improved us certainly.  We are in the last 32 of the Europa League and may win the Scottish Cup. 

Too many fans seem to forget the money that is required to bring in great players. Mid table teams in the English Championship regularly spend 8 to 12 million on players.

I don’t buy this at all.The players we have should be more than good enough for us to be in a better position domestically than we are.

We don’t have great players at the level you see in England but the clubs who are turning us over don’t have 7 million pound wingers and attacking midfielders earning a rumoured £20,000 a week like we do either. It’s all relative.

5 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

And how much are the rest of our league spending on players?

Nobody should be beating us outside celtic if money is the yardstick.

Thats the reality of where we are at. It might be too much for the gaffer.

I don’t think it’s a question of his job being on the line. If it had been almost anyone else he would have had his marching orders. 

I think really it’s more a question of when he’s going to jump ship (with his assistants).  Unless there’s a miracle long term turnaround he won’t hang around next season with all that’s at stake then.

16 minutes ago, thetrurobear said:

Definitely progress this year. A cup final. Winning at piggery. Doing well in Europe. May win Scottish cup. Got to give him time. 

hes had time moon at their dump then we all might as well chuck it. Small club mentality that attitude.  

if his name wasn’t Steven Gerrard then everyone would be calling for his head.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

And how much are the rest of our league spending on players?

Nobody should be beating us outside celtic if money is the yardstick.

Thats the reality of where we are at. It might be too much for the gaffer.

Thats very true. We should have more points that we do have. 

3 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

I don’t think it’s a question of his job being on the line. If it had been almost anyone else he would have had his marching orders. 

I think really it’s more a question of when he’s going to jump ship (with his assistants).  Unless there’s a miracle long term turnaround he won’t hang around next season with all that’s at stake then.

I agree.  Think he will be away in the summer.  I can see him going to somebody like a Leeds United if they get promotion. 

17 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Sorry mate but none of the ‘fouls’ on Morelos were penalties.

He has to stay on his feet. If he’s brought down that’s a different matter. But he wasn’t. Nor was he impeded. 

He is currently making the wrong decisions and it’s harming us.

on another note there was fuck all wrong with his goal that was chalked off

I'm sorry but you are wrong.  TV proved that Morelos had his arm tugged at the first penalty appeal.  Was it enough for him to go down?  Probably not but he was still pulled by the arm.  The second incident was shown on TV and Morelos was clearly fouled in front of Beaton.  A camera angle from behind Beaton showed this.   We agree on his disallowed goal.  Dicker not  given a second yellow for simulation was a disgrace.

16 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

He has to beat the scum twice for me ,Braga and win the Scottish cup. Needs a 30 million purse in the summer to strengthen the mid to front

£30 million for what? You dint need £30 million to bear Kilmarnock.

Budget is just a fucking excuse.

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

It’s not a over reaction. It’s simply standards from the Rangers support, some people have forgotten what Rangers were really like. 

Win the league/ cups or your out. The way it’s always been.

That's the way it used to be before 2012....we are still severely hamstrung from going back down the leagues, the tims had a free run at winning trophies which comes with prize money which comes with champions league money, we are always going to be playing catch up for the foreseeable future....also the big thing is this winning mentality that their players have that ours don't....again that winning mentality was handed on a plate to the majority of that taig squad. 

If people think that we can keep ripping it up and to start over again are kidding themselves on if they believe we will be able to fund a new manager with new players, before the winter break most on here thought our team and manager were the best about....now most want to infact rip it up and start over which will be suicidal in all honesty 

32 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong.  TV proved that Morelos had his arm tugged at the first penalty appeal.  Was it enough for him to go down?  Probably not but he was still pulled by the arm.  The second incident was shown on TV and Morelos was clearly fouled in front of Beaton.  A camera angle from behind Beaton showed this.   We agree on his disallowed goal.  Dicker not  given a second yellow for simulation was a disgrace.

None of them are pens. Simple as that. Gerrard was wrong about the handball and Morelos goal should have stood but nome of them were pens.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

None of them are pens. Simple as that. Gerrard was wrong about the handball and Morelos goal should have stood but nome of them were pens.

You've got that cunt Sutton on the TV saying it was a clear handball and should have led to the goal being disallowed then SG on 5 minutes later saying it wasn't one.

Still can't work that one out.

10 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You've got that cunt Sutton on the TV saying it was a clear handball and should have led to the goal being disallowed then SG on 5 minutes later saying it wasn't one.

Still can't work that one out.

Yup. Tye kinda shit from Stevie that can lose him a dressing room.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Come on mate. They have collapsed 2 years on the bounce. Look at the 11 tonight.  9 of those players were here last season. Don't tell me Gerrard has only just learned about their attitude and mentality after the new year. 

You are saying they have 100m players to pull them out a hole.  Look purley at our league. We have a spent more money outside of the taigs and still we can't consistently put away teams like aberdeen and kilmarnock. 

Your bang on the money mate.

Therein lies the problem in your first para.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Your bang on the money mate.

Therein lies the problem in your first para.

It would still be suicidal to get rid.

He's improved us...no question.

He deserves a shot to stop 10 for me.

4 minutes ago, dee9 said:

If he's here next season and gets money in the summer... Honestly, fuck the League Cup and fuck Europe.

Who gives a shit if nobody gets a good bevvy and a couple of nights away from their missus for a year.

The league is all that matters.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

If he's here next season and gets money in the summer... Honestly, fuck the League Cup and fuck Europe.

Who gives a shit if nobody gets a good bevvy and a couple of nights away from their missus for a year.

The league is all that matters.

Couldn't agree more.

It will kill me if they cunts do 10.

3 minutes ago, dee9 said:

He most definitely needs to look at different formations for certain games which is something he has very rarely done in his 20mnth stint, the players themselves need to do more, the majority of that squad have proved they can beat and match the vermin on most occasions but their inability to beat Killie, Aberdeen and this season hearts is a fucking embarrassment 

Archived