Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's many of his favourites who are causing the problems. Some flatter to deceive and some are obviously just dug shite. Some fans also won't have a word said against them.

Between the limited ability, their poor mentality and shitebaggery, it's costing us.

Ony with a step up in quality and those with the right mentaility will we look like a title winning unit.

You can only watch paint dry for so long before you say enough.

Without regime change and massive investment, nothing changes.

11 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He’ll get another based on how much the board have backed him. Should be sacked next season if we don’t win the league.

He will not be here to suffer the humiliation of them getting ten. He also has a rep to protect. Selfish as that may appear.

Unless there is regime change/massive investment in the summer, he's off.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If Gerrard were anyone other than Gerrard they'd be gone. New contract or not.

Yup. Needs binned. Taken us on from where we were, but with the amount he’s spent (and wasted) so we should be. 

League is over in February again. 

I thought he should get the 3rd pop at it, not sure if I still think it now. Utterly collapsed and he’s no idea how to change it.

He has improved us, but it's still not good enough. 

He's been badly let down at times by certain players,yet his treatment of certain players is bewildering when others can do no wrong. 

Spent a lot of money to get us comfortably second, realistically needs more money to be invested in the squad as the strength in depth just isn't there.

It's got to the point where I don't think he should be sacked, but if it did happen I wouldn't be surprised. 

Also think things are going to get a lot worse from now until the end of the season, we will drop more points and more than likely will exit the SC at Tynecastle, still expect us to beat they fenian bastards in the next two games which just sums us up entirely. 

Imagine a Rangers team in days of yore winning 3 of the 4 against them and still losing the league by 10/15+ points. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He has improved us, but it's still not good enough. 

He's been badly let down at times by certain players,yet his treatment of certain players is bewildering when others can do no wrong. 

Spent a lot of money to get us comfortably second, realistically needs more money to be invested in the squad as the strength in depth just isn't there.

It's got to the point where I don't think he should be sacked, but if it did happen I wouldn't be surprised. 

Also think things are going to get a lot worse from now until the end of the season, we will drop more points and more than likely will exit the SC at Tynecastle, still expect us to beat they fenian bastards in the next two games which just sums us up entirely. 

Imagine a Rangers team in days of yore winning 3 of the 4 against them and still losing the league by 10/15+ points. 

Aye, this.

He's only still here because of who he is. Getting him in was huge and brought us a lot of attention. Getting rid of him will not go down well for us even if he performs like shit at his job. Imagine if he was sacked today...it would be news all over the world. 

We took a risk on him having no experience and it's sure as fuck showing. He might be a great manager one day but right now he's still learning. We needed and still need someone in who has experience and success not on the pitch but the dugout.

Unless he walks on his own accord then I think he is here for a while yet. I don't think the board will sack him unless it gets to the point attendances drop/season ticket sales drop. 

On one hand I want to give him a proper chance and I understand he's still learning but on the other hand... We really need to win something and this isn't Gerrard FC. If it's not working out then he has to go.

The question is how long does he get? What do fans think? What does the board think? I'd see what he can salvage this season. League is out the window but still we need to keep fighting for every point ... Not that it really matters. We need to win silverware and we need to stay in Europa as long as possible. If I can see progress being made then I'm happy with that. This is the furthest we've been in Europe and if we win a fucking trophy that'll be the first in a long time.

If by the end of the season we win fuck all and get pumped out of Europa then I'd have him leave. But then the other big question is who do we get in? And of course we'll be starting all over again! 

1 hour ago, Imodium said:

We are literally fucked if Morelos gets injured or suspended. Zero options up top since Defoe’s injury. Things could get worse before they get better. 

He has to get the players heads in the game. We look lost when teams equalise. No momentum, forward passing or any player taking responsibility to try and dig us out. The passing is particular passenger like when this happens, we just knock the ball around the centre circle and then get done with a long ball or counter attack. 

We were just about hanging on to a challenge after the Hearts defeat but the draw against Aberdeen was the nail in the coffin. Gerrard will get another shot next season but only if he can get the team on a good run until May and almost certain Bly needs to win the Scottish cup. 

The game at the weekend will be the same as yesterday, physical side going toe to toe and inviting us to break them down. Teams know how to play us, maybe this will be a learning curve of winning ugly

On a big grass pitch we win by a lot of goals

47 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

we have to stick with the management team they have made improvements, but it’s clear to see that we still lack quality particularly in midfield 

that mob have a team full of midfields that constantly score goals for them we don’t. We have nobody that gerrard can bring off the bench to have an impact in games and that’s because we are still being forced to shop in loan deals and lower end players 

if selling morelos means we get some serious funding to buy better quality elsewhere then please sell him 

He has had 4 transfer windows to address this and still hasn't. Summer we all said midfield needed improved and more goals needed. 

We only added aribo there.  Bulk of the money went on Helander and Kent. 

Morelos will go but I'm not confident funds would be invested properly based on recent moves. 

33 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He will not be here to suffer the humiliation of them getting ten. He also has a rep to protect. Selfish as that may appear.

Unless there is regime change/massive investment in the summer, he's off.

There isn’t going to be massive investment in the summer

3 hours ago, thehost said:

I don't care

the guy is a disgrace, in my opinion

he's crossed the rubicon with me

He plays the same formation, at the same venues, refuses to change it and suffers the same results. He is incapable of learning. Worse, he appears to be sharing some fenianspex when it comes to refereeing decisions.

He refuses to stand up for the club, he is tactically naïve and seemingly unable/unwilling to learn

I'd take him, his assistant, Robertson, Tav, goldson, Kamara and aribo and ship them to derby or some such non-entity.

Suffice to say im finished with the current MD and football management.

I get the feeling that he’s scared to wade in and stick his hands into the dirt with regards to going after the media and the like because he’s scared of the damage they will try to do to the Steven Gerrard “brand” in retaliation.  He’s always going to have one eye on his own self interests IMO and he won’t want to go back to England on the back of the Scottish Media doing a hatchet job on him so it’s easier to just play along.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I get the feeling that he’s scared to wade in and stick his hands into the dirt with regards to going after the media and the like because he’s scared of the damage they will try to do to the Steven Gerrard “brand” in retaliation.  He’s always going to have one eye on his own self interests IMO and he won’t want to go back to England on the back of the Scottish Media doing a hatchet job on him so it’s easier to just play along.

ive heard he had two faces last night

the private one was raging at both the team and officialdom

the one we got to see is the one that backs up the filthmedia and their @well even their manager is happy with the referee so the fans are cranks@ approach

so its no fucking use to us

13 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yup. Needs binned. Taken us on from where we were, but with the amount he’s spent (and wasted) so we should be. 

League is over in February again. 

I thought he should get the 3rd pop at it, not sure if I still think it now. Utterly collapsed and he’s no idea how to change it.

If I'm being honest I still think the best shot we have of stopping 10IAR is sticking with him because we can't afford to start a new project with only a season to go. I'm not firmly in the "Gerrard out" camp, but for the first time I am seriously questioning his capabilities. I think he'll get another season regardless, but if the same thing happens there should be no question he goes.

Babies being thrown out with the bath water here. We have made massive strides forward but so has the main opposition. Gerrard is making mistakes, particularly in not playing more to our strengths but that doesn't mean he should be sacked. We have hagi, who gives us exactly the intelligence we need to go through the middle, but we're still focusing on high crosses, still being hesitant on the counter. We do the same thing when Defoe is in the team. What it means is we then don't very the play and become vulnerable to the terrible refereeing we've seen recently. Gerrard must address this. It's not in our hands but all is not lost. A fresh approach within the existing structure is required.

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He has had 4 transfer windows to address this and still hasn't. Summer we all said midfield needed improved and more goals needed. 

We only added aribo there.  Bulk of the money went on Helander and Kent. 

Morelos will go but I'm not confident funds would be invested properly based on recent moves. 

I seen somebody else saying that he’s had to build a squad on the cheap and I don’t buy it at all.

Kent and Helander cost decent money, Aribo got handed a reported £20,000 a week deal, Jack, McGregor, Davis, Defoe all got new deals, Morelos & Barisic are being lined up for new deals.

He’s been pretty shit in the transfer market, especially when you look at the number of players he’s brought in and how many have been successful.

1 hour ago, Imodium said:

We are literally fucked if Morelos gets injured or suspended. Zero options up top since Defoe’s injury. Things could get worse before they get better. 

He has to get the players heads in the game. We look lost when teams equalise. No momentum, forward passing or any player taking responsibility to try and dig us out. The passing is particular passenger like when this happens, we just knock the ball around the centre circle and then get done with a long ball or counter attack. 

We were just about hanging on to a challenge after the Hearts defeat but the draw against Aberdeen was the nail in the coffin. Gerrard will get another shot next season but only if he can get the team on a good run until May and almost certain Bly needs to win the Scottish cup. 

The game at the weekend will be the same as yesterday, physical side going toe to toe and inviting us to break them down. Teams know how to play us, maybe this will be a learning curve of winning ugly

We were fucked for the title last night with Alfie in the team. When you can't win a must win game against dross, you don't deserve to win anything. 

Hearts, the worst team in the league did NOT sit in and invite us to break them down, but instead went on the attack with open play and were all over us like a rash and royaly fucked us, so what that theory?!

As I've repeatedly said, barring four or five players the rest are journeymen, lacking in ability and in mentality. No fire and passion and many with the shitebaggery.

We are simply not good enough and not title winning material.

Sadly the manager fails to learn. Our problems are within and our players are what they are, so nothing is changing. 

Our eyes don't deceive us and time the manager opened his.

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Babies being thrown out with the bath water here. We have made massive strides forward but so has the main opposition. Gerrard is making mistakes, particularly in not playing more to our strengths but that doesn't mean he should be sacked. We have hagi, who gives us exactly the intelligence we need to go through the middle, but we're still focusing on high crosses, still being hesitant on the counter. We do the same thing when Defoe is in the team. What it means is we then don't very the play and become vulnerable to the terrible refereeing we've seen recently. Gerrard must address this. It's not in our hands but all is not lost. A fresh approach within the existing structure is required.

Gerrard is adressing nothing. Accepting the same shite week week out from the same players. 

Hagi is a breath of fresh air, but was a panick signing and the players around him are simply not up to him. 

Gerrard won't be sacked. This squad are stopping no one and he wont be hanging around for the humiliation of them doing ten. Can you just imagine the fall out ffs?!

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Gerrard isn't just making mistakes, he's making the exact same mistakes 

Last night it was clear we needed subs as we were struggling and killie were taking control. He waited until the equaliser before making them. Same as last season in games. Reactive management instead of being pro active. 

He's also still setting up the same way regardless of the opposition. We all know how killie or Aberdeen will look to play, yet we stick with an approach that hasn't worked. 

I think he'll get another year primarily due to finances. But if he continues to fail to learn from his mistakes we will not move to the level of winning trophies 

24 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I'm not sure you're following the same game as majority of us week in week out. 

Making mistakes? The same mistakes every game? 

First half of season....all guns blazing. 

Second half....they're ALL out of bullets. 

Referees are all wankers, but they're not the main issue for me. Our players and SG's lack of plan B and backbone are. 

Club and Club1872 made statements addressing the media situation, yet SG still plays the ref situation down like it's nothing which is annoying in itself...but he still won't sort out the problem with the players themselves. Does he even know how to? There is a massive problem behind the scenes and that is a concern more than anything.  

Archived