Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I'm not sure you're following the same game as majority of us week in week out. 

Making mistakes? The same mistakes every game? 

First half of season....all guns blazing. 

Second half....they're ALL out of bullets. 

Referees are all wankers, but they're not the main issue for me. Our players and SG's lack of plan B and backbone are. 

Club and Club1872 made statements addressing the media situation, yet SG still plays the ref situation down like it's nothing which is annoying in itself...but he still won't sort out the problem with the players themselves. Does he even know how to? There is a massive problem behind the scenes and that is a concern more than anything.  

You may just be onto something, btween our inept board and our inept performances the wheels have fell off the wagon.

You can only but wonder what goes on in the board room, but with Robertson running the show day to day, anything is possible and it's obvious they aint doing nothing on challenging the authorities of the bias refereeing..

I called it months ago before the scum games, that with Stevie insisting on playing favourites no matter how bad they play, others will become disgruntled and the dross he is pushing will eventually collapse, because they simply cannot match the demands made of them, being of inferior quality, far less thier mentality.

This squad are simply not title winning material and it's all unravelling before our eyes, just that Stevie still has his closed.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a rookie manager we knew that when we appointed him he needs to learn the game up here and quickly it was never going to be easy the board have also backed him with decent money.

Has to step it up and show he can turn this bad run of form around he has to show real leadership and take off the players who are letting us down or find a better system that suits them.

31 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I seen somebody else saying that he’s had to build a squad on the cheap and I don’t buy it at all.

Kent and Helander cost decent money, Aribo got handed a reported £20,000 a week deal, Jack, McGregor, Davis, Defoe all got new deals, Morelos & Barisic are being lined up for new deals.

He’s been pretty shit in the transfer market, especially when you look at the number of players he’s brought in and how many have been successful.

Though I do think we still lack a bit of depth, maybe due to managers insistence on playing 4 or 5 centre mids every game, I agree with your point.

Even if this is considered "cheap" to some our budget is still enormous to every one apart from celtic who we know we can match in one off games. We have more than a good enough team of players to not be dropping 4 points in 8 weeks to Aberdeen or 5 points to relegation battlers Hearts.

Of course having a bigger budget than 90% of the league doesn't automatically mean success but this cheap nonsense people are throwing about is crazy.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a rookie manager we knew that when we appointed him he needs to learn the game up here and quickly it was never going to be easy the board have also backed him with decent money.

Has to step it up and show he can turn this bad run of form around he has to show real leadership and take off the players who are letting us down or find a better system that suits them.

We knew he had to learn, but we now know he’s not learning it’s the same mistakes season after season game after game, that for me is the killer.

33 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I seen somebody else saying that he’s had to build a squad on the cheap and I don’t buy it at all.

Kent and Helander cost decent money, Aribo got handed a reported £20,000 a week deal, Jack, McGregor, Davis, Defoe all got new deals, Morelos & Barisic are being lined up for new deals.

He’s been pretty shit in the transfer market, especially when you look at the number of players he’s brought in and how many have been successful.

He has signed something like close to 30 players which has cost 20 plus million in transfer fees and probably much more in the likes of signing on bonuses. The wage bill has also increased as well to support him.

A lot of the players HE has signed have either been dire or not used such as Sadiq, Ejaria, Coulibaly, Flanagan, Lafferty, Grezda, Barker, King, Kamberi, Hastie, Jones and Stewart......the latter two are ones that could make a difference in certain games have played in the SPL for a number of years.

Why did we sign Kamberi as frankly he was poor for  Hivs the majority of the time he has been there

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If it’s still the same board then it’ll be a portion of what he brings in on transfer fees that we’ll have to spend.

If we decide to sign Hagi then that’s five million straight away.

I can’t see us spending much more than that, even if Morelos leaves .

14 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

People still backing Gerrard are surely just setting themselves up for further disappointment down the line.  

A massive blow having to start again with a new manager but maybe just maybe if we get the appointment right it won't take long to get right.

If the campaign finishes how it looks like it will finish its time for change.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sellable assets:

I think We’d accept decent offers for Morelos, Kamara, Katic..

I think Tav might go and if a bumper offer came in for Borna he’d go to.

Personally i’d accept a decent offer for all of them.

Gerrard's dream is to return to England as Liverpool manager one day, however, standing looking lost, or sitting with his hands in his pockets, while Rangers are falling to fuck, and throwing away leads on the pitch, certainly won't be going unnoticed down South. 

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I still stand by my belief  that Keeper, Defence and say Jack/ Brown we are as good as them.

from midfield to forward they’re miles stronger. Christie and Rogic not starting for them just now and both would walk into our starting line up.

Goals win games and winning games win leagues.

56 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Goldson, Katic and Barasic cost about £7-8m between them if the reported figures are true.

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I still stand by my belief  that Keeper, Defence and say Jack/ Brown we are as good as them.

from midfield to forward they’re miles stronger. Christie and Rogic not starting for them just now and both would walk into our starting line up.

I think that’s the main difference too.

We don’t get enough return from our wide men and until we signed Hagi we didn’t have a number 10 type who can really make a difference.

Our tactics are great in Europe, but we have next to no threat from midfield domestically. 

14 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Gerrard's dream is to return to England as Liverpool manager one day, however, standing looking lost, or sitting with his hands in his pockets, while Rangers are falling to fuck, and throwing away leads on the pitch, certainly won't be going unnoticed down South. 

He's needing to bin this Liverpool fantasy quick as it's all he talks about at times as a Supporter of Rangers that does frustrate me.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not sure if it's been posted elsewhere, but it sounded like our fans were booing Gerrard subbing off Hagi?

If so, that's the beginning of the end of him, in my view, fans are just not happy with his decisions anymore.

I thought that was the Killie fans booing Stewart coming on. Could be wrong though.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t get enough return from our widen and until we signed Hagi we didn’t have a number 10 type who can really make a difference.

Our tactics are great in Europe, but we have next to no threat from midfield domestically. 

Even in Europe i think i posted that we’d scored 7 goals in league stages - morelos x 5, ojo and davis.

The form Alfie is in, i can’t see how we get by Braga.

26 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Goals win games, defences win titles. We’re shite in both areas. 

34 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We don’t get enough return from our wide men and until we signed Hagi we didn’t have a number 10 type who can really make a difference.

We don't have enough goals coming from outside our strikers. Especially in games where morelos or defoe is struggling. 

In the league it's Kent 6 goals, Arfield 4 goals and aribo is on 2. After that it's jack on 4 goals.

As the wide men are supporting in attack we need at least 10-15 goals from them and we need much more from midfield. 

These were the same problems from last year. 

We knew we were too dependent on Morelos, One bad injury and we're in trouble. Defoe is near retirement and Camberi is a squad player. 

We just don't have the squad depth compared to the Tims and that is down to the money they have been raking in while we were down the lower leagues and finding our feet in the top league again. It's like Murray's quote about £10 and £5 in reverse. 

We should have fought to stay in the top league and not regard SFL3 to SFL1 as a jolly.

If we don't win anything this season which is a strong possibility then I reckon he'll walk as you can see the strain on his face the last few weeks. He'll go down to say a Derby and be a hero for getting them into the playoffs!

Archived