Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

27 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Bottle. We have a squad of players where the vast majority have never won a trophy & have never played 20/30 games a season until they came to us

When they have a chance to win something, their bottle crashes and the pressure gets to them, happened last season, happened in the cup final & happened again in the league after the break

Well thats a manager problem. If u have a team focussing on the title instead of winning the next game. Get them focussing on things they can control ffs. Like shooting from outside of box where bodies to blind side the goalie.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I had a flashback to Kilmarnock last year, usually he’s dependable but he had a ‘Worrall’ moment with McGregor digging him out of that hole...

Katic has been fine since he came in. Scored against them which seemed to elevate him to the best CB in our team, according to many on here.

He has the potential to be a very good player for us, but is a bit erratic at times.

To be fair, McGregor has bailed out most of our CB over the last 2 seasons.

15 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

Gerrard Is doing a great job.... we were getting pumped out of Europe by teams from Luxembourg before he arrived, routinely absolutely pumped by them & other major embarrassments that are countless to mention. We now are a team that take scalps home & away in Europe & play our biggest rival off the park...! And a 0-0 draw to Aberdeen is looked upon like Armageddon!

Do you honestly believe we'd have lost to progres had pedro spent the kinda money gerrard had

The progres game is a red herring, ive seen walter smith take unbeaten European Rangers teams to sofia and be embarrassed or taking the uefa Cup final team to lithuania and get pumped out of Europe 

And no matter what, gerrard will be judged on trophies, nothing else, so far he's won heehaw and probably lost us the league with his inability to alter games midway through them

27 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do you honestly believe we'd have lost to progres had pedro spent the kinda money gerrard had

The progres game is a red herring, ive seen walter smith take unbeaten European Rangers teams to sofia and be embarrassed or taking the uefa Cup final team to lithuania and get pumped out of Europe 

And no matter what, gerrard will be judged on trophies, nothing else, so far he's won heehaw and probably lost us the league with his inability to alter games midway through them

U honestly believe that gerrard has lost us the league because of team tactics or inability to change things? Nothing to do with how the players on the pitch perform? 

Cause if you do you really don't know much about anything! 

Obviously nobody is bombproof, but I still think we’re lucky to have him. There are a few things that he needs to change, the main one being hi s blind spot for certain players, e.g . Ojo. He will need to win something soon, but I do t think we’re far away from doing that. At the end of the day he’ll be judged by results and trophies, if you want to manage us then these are a must. 

35 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So a system that worked really well pre Winter break is the problem not the fact the players couldn’t find a team mate with a pass.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Our biggest problem is the loan signings. We need mainstay players who have the club at heart, Walter built a solid defence and added the rest. That is how you win this league 

I think we only have two loanees and I'm pretty sure Kamberi just gave Hibs a GIRUYE.

16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Our biggest problem is the loan signings. We need mainstay players who have the club at heart, Walter built a solid defence and added the rest. That is how you win this league 

Lowest goals against in the league  - problem is our midfield players in particular went to Dubai and never returned.  Played well up to the break and have had a massive collapse since then.  Over ran by Hearts and Aberdeen and very flat versus Stranraer and St Mirren. 

Got through the Europa Groups, got to a cup final that on any other day we would have won by 3 or 4, handed the Bheasts their arse in their own backyard..... 

There's been progress, if there's to be no trophy this season, I'm certain it will arrive next. 

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

Thing is we’ve seen this squad when they play to their potential they are unquestionably better than celtic who allegedly have at bad game(s) when they play us (nonsense). Unsure why we’ve stuttered again but there’s a lot of football left to play. All of Gerrard signings haven’t been great but their squad (which is substantial) was accumulated over years, developed without credible challenge and financed by a free run at CL and national league prize money.
SG has not been perfect but he’s brought a sense of pride back to the club, European respectability and potentially a team that hopefully will recover to go on to 55. Worse case scenario ( 2nd place) I would be happy for him to carry on as we are far from perfect but are undoubtedly getting better...

We aren’t doing 55 this season and all we have is a Starting 11 the squad after that is rank rotten and that’s after 3 windows. 
We are watching a repeat of last season, so just where is the improvement from last year. 

11 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

Got through the Europa Groups, got to a cup final that on any other day we would have won by 3 or 4, handed the Bheasts their arse in their own backyard..... 

There's been progress, if there's to be no trophy this season, I'm certain it will arrive next. 

I agree we were making great progress but it’s come to a sudden stop.

1 hour ago, gersfc86 said:

U honestly believe that gerrard has lost us the league because of team tactics or inability to change things? Nothing to do with how the players on the pitch perform? 

Cause if you do you really don't know much about anything! 

You really dont get it do you, the manager wants the players to play a certain way, they do and it works, brilliant, they dont and it doesnt work, so why then do we persist on playing the same fucking way when it doesnt work

54 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

So a system that worked really well pre Winter break is the problem not the fact the players couldn’t find a team mate with a pass.

Yeah, pre winter break we had a full squad all firing, now we dont, so instead of playing a system suited to what we have the now we still play the same pre break system that isnt working 

People say its clear we miss tav, so instead of tweaking our system slightly he expects a clearly inferior player to be tav, thats just madness

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

From the OP? No, I'm pretty sure he's had a fair few now. 

So it’s not one poor performance but a whole month of shite performances exactly the same as this time last year and exactly like last year the league title looks to be gone again. Giving those stinking cunts 9inarow. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So it’s not one poor performance but a whole month of shite performances exactly the same as this time last year and exactly like last year the league title looks to be gone again. Giving those stinking cunts 9inarow. 

Just as gutted mate. Don't get me wrong.

I just don't think he deserves the sack. Not yet anyway.

Hoping for some response from us now. 4 points between us if we win the game in hand. They still have a few tough fixtures between now and the next OF so I hope we can start clicking again soon. 

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Just as gutted mate. Don't get me wrong.

I just don't think he deserves the sack. Not yet anyway.

Hoping for some response from us now. 4 points between us if we win the game in hand. They still have a few tough fixtures between now and the next OF so I hope we can start clicking again soon. 

Don’t think he deserves the sack either but he has some serious questions to answer and the pressure is only going to build if he can’t answer them.

Can you imagine the uproar if we find ourselves in this same situation next season with 10inarow on the horizon. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t think he deserves the sack either but he has some serious questions to answer and the pressure is only going to build if he can’t answer them.

Can you imagine the uproar if we find ourselves in this same situation next season with 10inarow on the horizon. 

Don't even want to think about it tbh. Sickens me.

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We aren’t doing 55 this season and all we have is a Starting 11 the squad after that is rank rotten and that’s after 3 windows. 
We are watching a repeat of last season, so just where is the improvement from last year. 

I’m looking at where we came from prior to Gerard and the length of time and money celtic have had to assemble their huge squad which we are up against (they have had far more failures than successes to get where they are dominance wise without challenge atm).  
Undoubtedly we’ve improved in Europe and accumulated more points than this stage last year and for the first time in how many years wiped the floor with them at their park. If truth be told but for an inept officiating call I think we could have went on to win the cup (if’s and buts I know but my honest opinion). I respect your point of view but like I said there’s a lot of football to be played yet...

I actually think we’ve had (and are having) a really good season comparably. 

We’ve actually been very consistent, and pulled out some really big results. We’ve had three draws and two losses in the league, robbed in the league cup final and qualified for the last 16. 

The problem isn’t so much that we’ve dropped points, but that the filth show now signs of it apart from when they play us. 

Archived