Ibrox Match day Parking Ban

docspiderman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

That will cause more pollution.  With the way things are going politically world wide in regards to Carbon emissions, that is an insane idea!!

Clusterfuck mate, but that’s what happens when folk let hatred and bigotry get in the way of rational thought. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They spoke about giving anyone that needs to be there stickers for their cars, So employees would have a sticker any car without one after kick off gets towed. 

Who the fuck qualifies as anyone who needs to be there?

From the disabled angle, they would need to make provision for disabled drivers or they fall foul of disability discrimination laws. I would imagine they will pass this onto the club, who would need to vastly increase the number of disabled parking spaces available in the car park.

Outwith that, they are doing their best to empty the stadium. What next I ask?!

I've started using using the subway which is far quicker tbh and just park the car at the other end.

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Who the fuck qualifies as anyone who needs to be there?

From the disabled angle, they would need to make provision for disabled drivers or they fall foul of disability discrimination laws. I would imagine they will pass this onto the club, who would need to vastly increase the number of disabled parking spaces available in the car park.

Outwith that, they are doing their best to empty the stadium. What next I ask?!

I've started using using the subway which is far quicker tbh and just park the car at the other end.

Albion Car Park would cover any disabled needs. After that residents and workers in the area are fine anyone else can Fuck Off. 

Shower of shite .

You tax your car you park and drive where you want , is the road not public property ? 

What happens if you go and visit a mate who stays local , does yer motor get towed if there is a match on ? 

This will likely inconvenience the locals as well .

Not to mention the "watch yer car mister" guys - anyone spare a thought for them and their families ....#metoo 

21 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

Shower of shite .

You tax your car you park and drive where you want , is the road not public property ? 

What happens if you go and visit a mate who stays local , does yer motor get towed if there is a match on ? 

This will likely inconvenience the locals as well .

Not to mention the "watch yer car mister" guys - anyone spare a thought for them and their families ....#metoo 

Mate I went into a shop for ten mnutes after parking illegally. I came out and it was gone. I reported it stolen, only to be told by plod that it was in the pound. Felt a complete fud and couldn't believe the cunts had hoisted it so quickly.

As for the locals, they could make a few quid renting their space during the game.

You can bet that traffic wardens will be their mob handed along with tow trucks. Guaranteed.

Too add if there is a residents scheme in force, you must display your permit and matters not who the fuck you are, you get a ticket or towed.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Mate I went into a shop for ten mnutes after parking illegally. I came out and it was gone. I reported it stolen, only to be told by plod that it was in the pound. Felt a complte fud and couldn't believe the cunts had hoisted it so quickly.

As for the locals, they could make a few quid renting their space during the game.

You can bet that traffic wardens will be their mob handed along with tow trucks. Guaranteed.

Was that the first Lambo they'd towed ? 

Hear what you're saying , but this is wrong . An established business for over a century and all of a sudden it's toys out the pram with parking . What about the rugby at Scotston or a rock concert at Belahouston park , are they all no parking zones now .

There will be some counterfeit badges doing the rounds I think .

1 minute ago, Land Rover said:

Was that the first Lambo they'd towed ? 

Hear what you're saying , but this is wrong . An established business for over a century and all of a sudden it's toys out the pram with parking . What about the rugby at Scotston or a rock concert at Belahouston park , are they all no parking zones now .

There will be some counterfeit badges doing the rounds I think .

Course it's fucking wrong, but such is the narrative and such is our board's silence!

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

Ban parking in the streets around the stadium and beyond, basically any residential area  and maybe business premises within 2.5k ? of Edmiston Drive

I always park away down near Gregg's toward Meiklewood Road and walk from there. If they ban that what exactly do they propose we do? I predict absolute chaos on match days

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

I always park away down near Gregg's toward Meiklewood Road and walk from there. If they ban that what exactly do they propose we do? I predict absolute chaos on match days

I predict about 2,000 parking tickets.

That blue pound is irresistable.

One effect might be an even greater last minute rush at the turnstiles as people struggle to make kickoff after work. Parking further away won't stop people bringing a car to the game. There's no way I could make it in time using trains etc from where I stay 

The GCC pound is at Polmadie.

Loads of vacant parking space in Drumoyne that inconveniences nobody - and it will all be outlawed.

Clydebank or anywhere else West of Partick across the river - murder to get to on public transport.

Johnstone - 1 bus an hour and very few at all on Sundays.

Renfrew is a mere three miles in a straight line from Ibrox - yet there is no bus service covers the route. 

I would love to use public transport if it were an option - but it's not.

I expect the council will put on extra buses/subway? Not!

Im still going drive and park outside some poor bastards house 2 mile from the stadium!! Will then walk to the  ground past all the empty spaces.

Stupid, stupid idea - we are talking about 25-30 days/evenings for say max 3.5 hrs out of 365 days and they are putting this daft scheme in place. Our fans must contribute a fortune to the local economy yet the fuckwits in the council are making it difficult for us to get there.

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Fucking joke. Even if they do do that, how will they enforce it?  I usually park on Helen Street, in the TRS Refrigeration car park which is obviously privately owned ground.  So how could they stop that?

I would imagine if your on privately owned property it would be a grey area, but anything in the street would be fucked. This same scheme was also supposed to be getting implemented around the piggery, but I’d hazard a guess that’s been forgotten about 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea mate, it’s a total shambles once again. Anyone moving into the area knows there is a Stadium, so they are simply moving the problem to somewhere else if there even is a problem. 

I used to live along brand street, just half a mile from the ground and surprisingly it was never as bad as you’d expect on match days even though you could walk it from my house in five minutes easy. 

Maybe a vigilante crew needed to kick the fucking shit out of a traffic warden on random occassions to discourage them. Hate this country more everyday. All designed to inconvenience you and keep you in the house. Some bus drivers also have season tickets. So will mean missing the match potentially of they are to park well away from the stadium. 

Anything to gave a go at  Rangers.   FFS residents can hack it for 4 hours 30 times  max a year.    Fortunately our parking space is outside the restrictions but fuckin shite for many older or or less  mobile  Bears who need to park closer. 

Archived