*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, psb07158 said:

Tbh to me the best solution if we want to get the best out of Kent and Hagi seems to be we play a 4-2-3-1 with two wingers (Kent and 1 other man whose job it is just to stay wide, Hagi central behind the striker), not this two 10s pish where we take away some of Hagi's space and also force Kent infield where he's clearly not as comfortable as out on the wing

Is Kent good out the wing? 

Does the same step over and try to cut inside just to stop, turn and pass back every fucking time 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Taigs showing the bottle to win a game they should never have won

And we put out basically the same team/same formation expecting a different result from Wednesday night, fucking crazy.

Gerrard's stubbornness is why he'll never be a top class manager, in 2 years he hasn't learned how to adapt to teams, he plays 1 way & teams have figured that out

Nonsense, whatever shortcomings he has he's exactly the type of person to overcome them and he will. Less than two seasons in management he's not going to suss it all out in that time

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Is Kent good out the wing? 

Does the same step over and try to cut inside just to stop, turn and pass back every fucking time 

Fair point, I dno, he has had his best games in a Rangers top playing wide left IMO (I.e. last season) plus if hes playing shite out there I'd rather he loses the ball taking a man on out on the wing instead of centrally trying to take 4 men on like recently which leaves our ageing midfield struggling and having to take yellows for shite fouls

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

Nonsense, whatever shortcomings he has he's exactly the type of person to overcome them and he will. Less than two seasons in management he's not going to suss it all out in that time

Not expecting him to suss out all the shortcomings in that time but I do at least expect a manager to have more than 1 gameplan

Livi could've predicted that lineup days ago & could predict we'll get the ball out to Tav to whip ball after ball into the box, it's the same tactic we've had all season & its made even worse without us having Barisic on the other side doing the same thing

We've been crying out for a change in the last 6 weeks but Gerrard is so stubborn he refuses to change anything, the similarities between him just now & Warburton are crazy but hes escaped most of the criticism because he's Gerrard, simple as that.

6 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I dont get this inexperienced stuff, wether hes been manager for one year or two, hes been in the game for 3 decades hes worked with some good coaches and been in the supposed greatest league in the world all his career, did he shut his eyes to the way teams play or how his managers setup and change things when needed? everything he learned from playing under diffrent managers during his playing career should stand him in good stead for his own managerial career but so far hes sticking to the same way every week which in my opinion is stubborness in thinking his way is right and thats that.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Tbh to me the best solution if we want to get the best out of Kent and Hagi seems to be we play a 4-2-3-1 with two wingers (Kent and 1 other man whose job it is just to stay wide, Hagi central behind the striker), not this two 10s pish where we take away some of Hagi's space and also force Kent infield where he's clearly not as comfortable as out on the wing

When I see Halliday in a starting line-up mate, I know it is time to try a new formation in Borna's absence.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Seems so obvious you wonder why SG can’t see it.

Archived