Ryan kent

GOAT

12 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Not saying it would solve our problems but why do we never have Kent and whoever is other side of Morelos switching sides? Hagi/Kent or Kent/aribo they are just so predictable playing on opposite sides from foot there comfortable on, inside 90% of the time and it has become easy to play against. 

Funny how we all see games - I think they switch around too much, making it harder for their link players to find them!😂

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

He’s been poor since the old firm tbh, Gerrard plays him too much imo!

i would have started jones against killie, knows the pitch and the players he’s up against!! 

Jones 😀 Another player he signed and doesn't like

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not making excuses for him because he does need to offer us more but in recent games whenever he gets the ball he is surrounded by opposition players and we have NO MOVEMENT whatsoever. It's up to the other players we have in the team to take advantage of him getting doubled up on 

if Halliday's not making overlapping runs and midfielders aren't getting far enough up the pitch what are people expecting him to do? take 5 men on and score?

He has had Barisic overlapping all year and playing brilliantly and yet Kent still underperforms (most of the time).

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Barisic has what, 14 assists in the league this year? That's one guy taking advantage of the space Kent creates by drawing players towards him...

You don’t sign a guy for £7m just to make space for one costing £2.2m.

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

James Forrest has something like 16 goals and 19 assists this season compete that to Kent who has 6 goals and 4 assists.

For the money we paid for him he simply has to be producing more.

I seen a similar stat which was  broadly similar, and Forrest’s goals and assists were over less pitch time

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

he ain't a # 10 like he thinks he is or wants to be.

I agree mate but the manager plays him there / sets this system up

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

You don’t sign a guy for £7m just to make space for one costing £2.2m.

I did say I wasn't making excuses for him...! His price tag came with expectations that he isn't living up to so far, but if the rest of the team are doing fuck all other than giving him the ball then standing still expecting him to play like Messi, there's not a whole lot he can do

7 hours ago, Red Matrix said:

He’s wildly inconsistent and is another who is scared of making mistakes when the pressure is on.

I don’t think we’ll ever recoup our investment in him.

Dont think he’s scared to make mistakes, he makes them with stunning regularity, your bang on about the investment though, £7mill was complete madness.

7 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Jones 😀 Another player he signed and doesn't like

Jones has been out injured cause he thought he was a hardman, out injured and for being a moron

As for Kent i like him better running straight T defences nit playing across the pitch, so either he thinks he is better than he really us ir SG has filled his head with shite

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Can only beat 6 men so many times. Our players movement around him is absolutely pathetic, leading him to trying to take on the whole team

Spot on , his form has been poor but when he gets the ball there's no movement ahead, 2 men on him every time, we do the same to forest when the scum play us and he's been anonymous against us this season

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aye but he has 6 goals which is a good return according to a few on here, not to mention we could make lots of money on him. 🙄

Most overrated player in Scotland and Liverpool robbed us, said last season worth max £3/4m.

Complete myth and excuse that he has x amount of players on him each time. Last night he was one on one with O'Donnell many times and he was in his pocket most of the time.

Kent has flattered to decieve almost all season 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t get this been woeful since January patter.

Hibs away and at Parkhead he was good, he’s been piss poor in all other games.

We wont win leagues with him and Aribo in team.

Things were going ok til then, which helps take the eye off areas which aren’t doing as well as they might.

Once results turn, we start to look a bit deeper into who’s doing what.

Archived