Ryan kent

GOAT

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Said last game replacing him seemed like it gave us an extra man. Same again tonight. He's playing his way out the the starting 11.

He's off form the now and it's time he went to the bench for a while. 

A front 3 of morelos, kamberi and hagi is the way to go the now. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He's off form the now and it's time he went to the bench for a while. 

A front 3 of morelos, kamberi and hagi is the way to go the now. 

I'd play a front three of morelos, Kamberi and Stewart with hagi just behind them. Plays better centrally imo. 

5 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I'd play a front three of morelos, Kamberi and Stewart with hagi just behind them. Plays better centrally imo. 

I was thinking morelos and kamberi up front with hagi just behind in the no 10.

Either approach should work a lot better than our recent approach 👍

22 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Feel sorry for the boy. It's no his fault he cost £7m.

Also no his fault the manager bought him as a winger and decided to play him as an inside forward/no.10

Come on mate you can’t blame Gerrard for him being pish ffs 

are you saying we can’t expect a player of his ability to play 2 positions ? If that’s true then what a waste of £7 million 

Tbf it’s probably a credit to the guy that he’s still looking for the ball and trying things but it just makes his bad games even worse because nothing is going his way right now. Still believe there’s a player in there but he needs a few games on the bench. 

Just now, GA1972 said:

Should take a leaf out of Kamberi’s book and be more direct 

Guy gets the ball and he wants to get past his man and get a shot off

I think because Kamberi starts further forward. Kent is always coming back for the ball. 

I'm not buying the played out of position nonsense. It's him that chooses to turn around 2-3 times and then pass the ball to Barasic every time. If he would just run at a defender for a change instead cutting back and doing pointless stepovers that would be more beneficial. He's out wide enough in the game to have an impact and it's not as if he's forced to play central only as that's clearly not the case when he appears out wide loads during a game.

Kamberi drove at their right back every chance he had tonight and immediately we looked better for it.

Kent's  form is poor and confidence is low so he needs dropped for a bit. 

Not sure where the feeling that he's just out of form at the moment comes from. He's been with us 18 months now and outwith a handful of flashes of quality I can't remember him ever showing a sustained level of decent form that would indicate we're ever going to get the level of consistent quality you expect for a player that cost a fortune by our standards.

Archived