Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

So do you suggest we get rid of the manager and keep these under-performing players at the club? 

Before Christmas we were toe to toe. We’re all over the place just now with a few key players struggling with whatever. 
this team is capable of winning things and Gerrard IS the person to guide us. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Name me one instance in history where an entire squad of players were given the bullet yet the management stayed on. 

So that's you done with Gerrard then?  who do you suggest we replace him with and where do we get the money to pay him and all his backroom team off.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

So do you suggest we get rid of the manager and keep these under-performing players at the club? 

I asked this above

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Name me one instance in history where an entire squad of players were given the bullet yet the management stayed on. 

You said this

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Where have I said that? 

what did it mean if not to get rid of the manager.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbh im totally scunnered with the team the now, trying to lighten ny mood lol

Believe it or no it was actually a wise old tim that's upped my spirits recently regarding our poor form, "the pendulum always swings" he says, fucking hope hes right man.

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Alot of shite about bookers and nightclubs in dubai 

Oh so a lot of shite.

I honestly don't know what posters expected from Gerrard he's a manager learning the game now all the posters who said they were prepared for him to do this are calling for his head.

I was not really on-board with Gerrard  getting the job as he had no real management experience and said that at the time, our real problem is they have had a magnificent season which really pisses me off to say and got extremely lucky(cheated) to win the first Cup

for me if we had won that which we deserved to do this season would have been a lot better,the players I feel lack belief as most of them have never won anything. 

I said at the start  of the season I would bin Gerrard if he didn't win anything I have changed my mind on that as I can still see improvement and unless we have a credible manager who's a winner I would stick with Gerrard rather than go back to ripping it up and starting again.

Do I think a more experienced manager couldet more out the players, yea probably, Do I think his subs are weird yes again but feel we have to stick by him as he is learning to be a manager and their will be mistakes and players bought who seem good enough till they play in-front of a support that expect them to win every game.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Oh so a lot of shite.

I honestly don't know what posters expected from Gerrard he's a manager learning the game now all the posters who said they were prepared for him to do this are calling for his head.

I was not really on-board with Gerrard  getting the job as he had no real management experience and said that at the time, our real problem is they have had a magnificent season which really pisses me off to say and got extremely lucky(cheated) to win the first Cup

for me if we had won that which we deserved to do this season would have been a lot better,the players I feel lack belief as most of them have never won anything. 

I said at the start  of the season I would bin Gerrard if he didn't win anything I have changed my mind on that as I can still see improvement and unless we have a credible manager who's a winner I would stick with Gerrard rather than go back to ripping it up and starting again.

Do I think a more experienced manager couldet more out the players, yea probably, Do I think his subs are weird yes again but feel we have to stick by him as he is learning to be a manager and their will be mistakes and players bought who seem good enough till they play in-front of a support that expect them to win every game.

Nobody knows the loss of form reason ,there are many many theories ,even stories getting made up to satisfy theories ,

Thing is from any of the folk wanting him out have no valid guaranteed better replacement ,probably because there isn’t anybody ,There are no Walters or Alex Mcleishes out there ,

Changing manager would be a very high risk indeed ,you only need to look at the difference in European performances between the last 2 seasons ,Nobody thought Gerrard would get us even as far as the groups last season and this season he’s went further bringing a huge cash boost to the club ,Now I know he’s not a cert to get us into the groups next year but I feel a lot more confident that he can get us there again than some random manager .

The league cup was massive and nobody knows what the effect of deservedly winning that would have done to the management and the squad ,

Tonight is massive too ,this hopefully sees us get a good result and springs the team back into the form pre winter break where we were winning as required ,bar the Aberdeen and Tarrier games where big decisions cost us just as much as not playing the full 90 at our best 

I do understand the huge frustration amongst the support ,totally pissed of myself as we had got ourselves in a great position but now it seems a bit fucked ,

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No. 

On 16/02/2020 at 16:02, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days.

Something has clearly happened over the winter break because there's no valid reason for this monumental collapse. 

So you now want the Manager to remain in place even though as you stated above

"They're not playing for him anymore"  "This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days".

How does that add up to you?

28 minutes ago, Smile said:

So you now want the Manager to remain in place even though as you stated above

"They're not playing for him anymore"  "This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days".

How does that add up to you?

I don't want him sacked right now but I think it's only a matter of time before more and more people start to lose patience with him and the players. 

The honeymoon period is well and truly over. 

Give absolute credit to the players tonight for fighting back and doing the unthinkable when all looked lost and the tie was effectively over.

Still absolutely perplexed as to why they haven't shown that dig in previous games where if they had we'd still be in a fight for the title.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Give absolute credit to the players tonight for fighting back and doing the unthinkable when all looked lost and the tie was effectively over.

Still absolutely perplexed as to why they haven't shown that dig in previous games where if they had we'd still be in a fight for the title.

Delete thread me thinks. Players who do not play for their manager do not get results like that. End of.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hagi clearly makes a big difference. That player who can dig deep and create something  has been missing

Archived