Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

20 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wrong, he has a select bunch of players who he will never, ever criticise yet is happy to stick the boot into others. 

It's piss poor man management. 

Agree with this and Gerrard is now, ahead of next season, going to work out if guys he’s put his trust in i.e Goldson, Tav, Davis, Jack, Kent and Alfie are up to it.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Slightly off topic but how Goldson has escaped the venom that Katic gets from Gerrard is beyond me, Edmundson had a howler against Hamilton never to be seen again... 

So will big Nico disappear after today?  What does it take to drop Goldson who veered from ‘okay’ to horrific today?

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So you are greeting because the word was too strong. Thought so.

"We're getting key players back, and have introduced a natural no 10. I'd stick rather than twist."

That's what you came out with over a month ago when i mentioned tactics and formation and teams having caught onto it was a problem. How do you think it is going now?

Still wanna praise your man Gerrard for not changing? Maybe get another no.10 in?

How long you think we should stick before we twist?

I think it howling because the players who excelled up to 29 dec have been abysmal. Key players included.

I think currently no matter the tactics Katic woukd still make those mistakes, kent will still fail too often to take on a man, Tav will still contribute little, Morelis will still miss nig chances, etc etc.

Has Hagi failed? Has Kamberi failed from what weve seen?

Possibly another left back was the cry for what was needed in the transfer window, but since it closed not one defender has got regular pass marks. Aye Gerrard the assasinators fault mate.

Next season he gets from me. You'll find that in my previous posts too if you want to look at them more 👍

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Slightly off topic but how Goldson has escaped the venom that Katic gets from Gerrard is beyond me, Edmundson had a howler against Hamilton never to be seen again... 

He called out Goldsons mistake away to Killie. Also called out his mistake in the old firm game at Ibrox which lead to the goal. He's also criticised McGregor, Jack, Tav, Morelos this season, some who are perceived to be his favourites. I don't think he overly criticises anyone IMO. I also don't think his criticism is OTT, generally speaking.

The reality is we are now in the business end of the season and mistakes at this stage of the season will be magnified. Same with comments from Gerrard and the players. Effectively any mistake made now or over the past few weeks has cost us the league. Any mistakes or criticism now will naturally sting and hurt more.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Really, because he changed tactics at HT and ee dominated, pushed st johnstone back and got ourselves ahead, then he went back to the 433 and we drop out of the game, even allowing katic mistake for their 2nd, if  he kept the same system that we started the 2nd half with, we had a great chance of still grabbing the winner, 

Instead the last 10mins plus stoppage time were the same shite we've witnessed since new year

Ok mate. 

Hope we go 433 and play Kent as a winger too. That should save you your next post 👍

Cowards way out in his  interview for me too.

Tries to imply scores in the last 4 weeks have been due to defensive inabilities.

They've not. They've been down to performances. Those performances have been down to the formation and players you've picked. Gerrard even awkwardly laughs when he's told that he sounds like a broken record. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ok mate. 

Hope we go 433 and play Kent as a winger too. That should save you your next post 👍

Your inability to blame his system when today was full evidence of how its costing us is unreal, he actually made the right change but instead of keeping it he reverted back and it cost us, 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think it howling because the players who excelled up to 29 dec have been abysmal. Key players included.

I think currently no matter the tactics Katic woukd still make those mistakes, kent will still fail too often to take on a man, Tav will still contribute little, Morelis will still miss nig chances, etc etc.

Has Hagi failed? Has Kamberi failed from what weve seen?

Possibly another left back was the cry for what was needed in the transfer window, but since it closed not one defender has got regular pass marks. Aye Gerrard the assasinators fault mate.

Next season he gets from me. You'll find that in my previous posts too if you want to look at them more 👍

Ffs.

Assasinated yourself. You're defeating your own point there. You wanted to stick with the same formation but maybe get another 10 in. That will fix it.We got another 10 who has excelled but the formation is still failing.

If you can't see that when he changed tactics today and 2 up top worked (before reverting back to the failing formation) then theres nae hope for ye.

If you want to give him next season using the same tactics and formation that everyone and i mean everyone has caught on to then you will be dissapointed.

Don't need to look through posts to remember the stupid ones.

Don't think you can blame it all on tactics. Gerrard has changed things around since the break when it became obvious the 3 sitting midfielders wasn't working against defensive teams.

Players have been very poor since the winter break with only Arfield, Haji and Kamberi looking totally up for it.

12 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If you were to look at each game recently (even the ones we won), is it because of Gerrard? Did we really beat Braga because of an inspired substitution or tactical change? Not for me. It was a combination of players finally producing quality at and us finally getting some luck when we needed it, which in turn gave the players some confidence and belief.

Today, what was the primary reason for us losing? Same with other games. If we were to look at each game in isolation, more often than not the main reason we don't win a specific game IMO is poor finishing (as we still create chances), poor individual mistakes, and poor officiating. Of course Gerrard is part of this. He doesn't get a pass. It's his players, his tactics and oversees everything.  Collectively everyone is coming up short.

Ultimately this is a results business. No one, not even Gerrard can keep being a part of these performances and results. 

I know the cliche is the manager always takes the blame but for me that today was mainly down to Katic. His two individual errors cost us the points and he would be getting slated far more by the support for it if he wasn’t a favourite among them.

I don’t think the Davis sub cost us the game like some people are making out. Gerrard brought on his most experienced midfielder to help us keep control of possession and see the game out. People will say it’s negative but it’s a common sub that you see all the time.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I know the cliche is the manager always takes the blame but for me that today was mainly down to Katic. His two individual errors cost us the points and he would be getting slated far more by the support for it if he wasn’t a favourite among them.

I don’t think the Davis sub cost us the game like some people are making out. Gerrard brought on his most experienced midfielder to help us keep control of possession and see the game out. People will say it’s negative but it’s a common sub that you see all the time.

If we win 2-1 no one talks about the Davis sub. As you say it happens all the time. Disagree with it by all means but to suggest it was a baffling substitution and cost us the game is a bit reactionary IMO. 

As we didn't win the game though, every decision is and will be open for criticism. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Your inability to blame his system when today was full evidence of how its costing us is unreal, he actually made the right change but instead of keeping it he reverted back and it cost us, 

Ok so where were all the threads up till the 29th of December slating the system?

The 1st game against the tims he changed the system and got rightly berated for it as we suffered a damaging loss....from there on in nobody really slated the formation now suddenly we are shipping points like nobodys buisness down to individual errors and it's the systems fault I can count 10pts we have dropped from December from winning positions because players are failing to do basics

Only 2 games have we failed to score in the league so it becomes clear that losing cheap goals is going to hurt us.....we created something like 22 chances today half of which were in the 1st half which you claim the system isn't working, 2 mistakes cost us the 3points today nothing else

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Absolute nonsense and nothing but a deflection away from the failings of Gerrard.

Down to Goldson for the forst and Katic caught flat footed in a goal mouth skirmish at the second. We just fucking hang the lad.

If you cannot see that the way we are set up and the usual dug shite first picks, then you are as blind as Stevie Wonder. 

We were totally disorganised and ran ragged again and all down to Katic. Aye ffs?!

23 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You wont see Katic in the team for weeks............

This decision would have been made after he gave first goal away, therefore in utter bewilderment at the fact he left him on the park to do it again. 
It’s just totally bizarre management. 

17 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Ok so where were all the threads up till the 29th of December slating the system?

The 1st game against the tims he changed the system and got rightly berated for it as we suffered a damaging loss....from there on in nobody really slated the formation now suddenly we are shipping points like nobodys buisness down to individual errors and it's the systems fault I can count 10pts we have dropped from December from winning positions because players are failing to do basics

Only 2 games have we failed to score in the league so it becomes clear that losing cheap goals is going to hurt us.....we created something like 22 chances today half of which were in the 1st half which you claim the system isn't working, 2 mistakes cost us the 3points today nothing else

Why would there be threads about the system when it was working, thats just fucking stupid, its clear now that opponents have sussed our system, today was prime example of that, 

As for chances created today, thats not the only issue, its how we stifle the opponents as well, st johnstone could have scored more than 1 in the first half, in the second half they didn't get near us until we went back to the first half system

You can claim two mistakes cost us today, but that's not the full picture and you know it, but of you wanna go with that then by all means, a lot of us will still see gerrards system isnt working anymore and call on it

Archived