Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Fuck 10mate who gives a fuck right now its a battle to get to 55 before them. 

The damage is done for 10 no point kidding yourself on

Why wont you answer a simple question?

If Gerrard's replaced, how long will you give the new guy minimum before you want him sacked.?

I said 3 years with Gerrard, will stick to that.

What's your number, or why won't you give one?

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Giving anybody a minimum time frame is fucking stupid. 

Funny the board band about  4 year contracts eh?

Here chief we'll give you 4 years 👏👏👏👏

Never  mentioned it but if you dont win the league in 18m gtf. Cant really afford to pay you off so just walk will you. Yes you and your huge team whose contracts we extended further recently.

And your replacements we'll bring in will be top notch.  No expense spared. We need to stop 10. So we'll struggle to afford the new team and will give them less in salaries, transfers and loan fees than the scum pay 

But we'll maybe not want to sack them if they win 10 as KK wont give an answer.

Nah, club give 4 year contracts but punters want them gone in 18 months but refuse to say how long they personally give their successor before chanting sack the manager? 

Fucking stupid.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Funny the board band about  4 year contracts eh?

Here chief we'll give you 4 years 👏👏👏👏

Never  mentioned it but if you dont win the league in 18m gtf. Cant really afford to pay you off so just walk will you. Yes you and your huge team whose contracts we extended further recently.

And your replacements we'll bring in will be top notch.  No expense spared. We need to stop 10. So we'll struggle to afford the new team and will give them less in salaries, transfers and loan fees than the scum pay 

But we'll maybe not want to sack them if they win 10 as KK wont give an answer.

Nah, club give 4 year contracts but punters want them gone in 18 months but refuse to say how long they personally give their successor before chanting sack the manager? 

Fucking stupid.

Well, I could say 2 year and he finishes 5th then I wouldn't stick to that timeframe, therefore it's stupid. 

Caixinha was sacked less than a year into a three year contract, and the same pish was spouted then.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Well, I could say 2 year and he finishes 5th then I wouldn't stick to that timeframe, therefore it's stupid. 

Caixinha was sacked less than a year into a three year contract, and the same pish was spouted then.

So we should keep sacking managers before they are given the time they think they're getting if they dont hit our expectations. 

Yeah, that's going to change the current cycle we're in.

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

So you've conceded 10 already, you want Gerrard sacked, but won't say how long a new guy should get to break this cycle?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So we should keep sacking managers before they are given the time they think they're getting if they dont hit our expectations. 

At the start of the season, the vast majority on here said they would be happy with a title fight, a cup win and a good run in Europe - as long as progress was made - this seems to have changed.

The title fight is probably fucked tbf, but, beat them twice and win our game in hand and it's down to 3 points, long shot, but who knows. Also, we're 22 points ahead of 3rd place Motherwell and celtic are on course to hit over 100 league points this season, which is a huge ask for us to compete against - we'd need to be at our best every game and we don't have the quality on the bench like they do when our players are out of form/injured or suspended.

We're still in the Scottish cup.

Europe- we're a draw away from getting into the last 16, which would be an amazing achievement and one i'm not sure any other team has managed when starting at the 1st qualifying round? Europe is where the money is and if we want to consistently compete with celtic again, we need to better, or at least match, their results in Europe to be able to get closer to them financially.

Our win against Braga probably earned us more than winning the league would tbh.

36 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

At the start of the season, the vast majority on here said they would be happy with a title fight, a cup win and a good run in Europe - as long as progress was made - this seems to have changed.

The title fight is probably fucked tbf, but, beat them twice and win our game in hand and it's down to 3 points, long shot, but who knows. Also, we're 22 points ahead of 3rd place Motherwell and celtic are on course to hit over 100 league points this season, which is a huge ask for us to compete against - we'd need to be at our best every game and we don't have the quality on the bench like they do when our players are out of form/injured or suspended.

We're still in the Scottish cup.

Europe- we're a draw away from getting into the last 16, which would be an amazing achievement and one i'm not sure any other team has managed when starting at the 1st qualifying round? Europe is where the money is and if we want to consistently compete with celtic again, we need to better, or at least match, their results in Europe to be able to get closer to them financially.

Our win against Braga probably earned us more than winning the league would tbh.

Beat them twice and win our game in hand? Our current form we'd struggle to win a game of 7's in training, as for saying were still in the scottish, his next round is at a ground he's failed to win twice at this season

By Saturday 29th feb our season coulfbe effectively over, that is a brutal thought and one that has seen previous managers face way more scrutiny

If his name was Stephane gerarde we'd be outside ibrox with pitchforks the now, 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Beat them twice and win our game in hand? Our current form we'd struggle to win a game of 7's in training, as for saying were still in the scottish, his next round is at a ground he's failed to win twice at this season

By Saturday 29th feb our season coulfbe effectively over, that is a brutal thought and one that has seen previous managers face way more scrutiny

😂 no we wouldnt.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I said it would be a long shot, but no point losing our shit yet over what ifs.

If Hearts put us out the cup, then Gerrard will rightly get the criticism he deserves, but until then, again, no point losing our shit over what ifs.

Your last comment is pish. 

Just now, BlueMe said:

I said it would be a long shot, but no point losing our shit yet over what ifs.

If Hearts put us out the cup, then Gerrard will rightly get the criticism he deserves, but until then, again, no point losing our shit over what ifs.

Your last comment is pish. 

No its not, we've chased more successful managers out for less 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye we would, we chased eck out who was in the cl last 16 and had won 7 trophies in 3 years

Didnt PLG get us to europe after xmas his first season? But because we weren't in a title fight he was chased 

On a monday morning at 8.30 we'd be outside Ibrox with pitchforks? No mate, we genuinely wouldnt.

10 hours ago, KingKirk said:

10 is absolutely in the bag for them. We’ll go into next season with the bulk of this squad plus maybe one or two new faces and the odd shite loan player.

They will further strengthen with better quality than we can get. It would have been tough but after beating them in Dec this season was our best chance in a long while. 
Going on current evidence next season will probably be easier for them 

All points of the compass go back to the board.

Unless significant investment is made to match the scum, we are not taking any title from them,this season or any other season, no matter who the manager is.

Bar a couple of exceptions, money again wasted on quanity over quality, making our financial position rather precarious, relying on EL group money to pay the bills. Unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

10 is absolutely in the bag for them. We’ll go into next season with the bulk of this squad plus maybe one or two new faces and the odd shite loan player.

They will further strengthen with better quality than we can get. It would have been tough but after beating them in Dec this season was our best chance in a long while. 
Going on current evidence next season will probably be easier for them 

Feel a bit more positive than that. The bulk of this squad is good enough to win the league. We lack the depth hence we've faltered after the winter break (having more than matched the scum up to that point). I think with the right additions in the summer we would be in decent shape.

I'm more concerned at this point about the inflexibility of SG in the way he sets the team up for league games...

Were all fuckin raging just now which is understandable but we all screamed for katic in the side when gerrard obviously didn't rate him .

So he plays and he has cost us on more than one occasion.

We're in an unfortunate situation where we've had 3 recent goals chopped off for nothing.. we've had our top striker terrorised since xmas resulting in a loss of form. Our best left back injured and best CB injured and our 2 best midfielders in Jack and kamara both losing form at the same time . We've had shocking refereeing decisions too . 

Now think of the meltdown since we beat them . Threats,attacks , refs shifting it against them and doing loads against us . Its now no coincidence our bottles have crashed.

Aye we've played shite but compare how we were on Thursdays second half when we knew tackles would be punished and fair challenges let go to back in the league when our players are scared to touch an opponent for fear of bookings or pens.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

For two trophyless seasons -if we lose the next two games- with the exact same mistakes, yes.

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

All points of the compass go back to the board.

Unless significant investment is made to match the scum, we are not taking any title from them,this season or any other season, no matter who the manager is.

Bar a couple of exceptions, money again wasted on quanity over quality, making our financial position rather precarious, relying on EL group money to pay the bills. Unacceptable.

To be fair to the board money has got spent. My impression is King has pushed the expenditure as far as he feels he can whilst simultaneously sustaining the club's climb back to full health (including plans for stadium improvement etc). There's no question he has tried to give SG as much support as possible imo and obviously the board has to trust the instincts of the management team to invest wisely.

I wouldn't criticise the board for our league failure this season tbh. Given what we had with Green and Easedales and Sports Direct bullshit I'd say King has done a very solid job.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

For two trophyless seasons -if we lose the next two games- with the exact same mistakes, yes.

I'm not there yet.

For me it was all about the league, and I said he'd get 3 seasons for that. Cups and Europe were always a bonus.

Remember saying despite being one of the last to get onboard with him that I'd probably give him longer than most, recall others who expected league in 1 or 2 years. Was right it seems.

Archived