*****Official Rangers v Braga Thread *****

Scottywellhousetb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably our biggest game of the season imo ! Cannot believe the shit I’ve read about how people couldn’t give a shit of the outcome of this tie there’s so much at stake for the future of our club ie financial reasons, and obviously the coefficient a positive result is only going to make us stronger going forward I hope everyone turns out in there numbers and gets behind the team also I wouldn’t look to much into form we are well suited to European football 

51 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Arguably our biggest game of the season imo ! Cannot believe the shit I’ve read about how people couldn’t give a shit of the outcome of this tie there’s so much at stake for the future of our club ie financial reasons, and obviously the coefficient a positive result is only going to make us stronger going forward I hope everyone turns out in there numbers and gets behind the team also I wouldn’t look to much into form we are well suited to European football 

The only way financially complete with Nonce FC is with a very rich chairman or access to the CL cash and it seems like this will be on a 2nd place so yes the coefficient is so important.  

When the draw was made youd say yes. Our form however, has went off a cliff. Looking at their results, they've won o out their last 10, drawing the other 2-2 worh 10 men and in that run they've beaten Porto, Sporting and Benfica, the big 3 twice each. That is serious stuff. If we dont seriously get our shit together we could be onto a doing. However theres nothing to say we cant do it if we actually turn up and perform how we can and should have been doing.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The type of game that we need just now and that suits us.

A team who will come at us and wont put 10 behind the ball.

Considering how shit we have been i am going to say we will produce a bit of magic Thursday.

3-0 Rangers.

Who says they won't put 10 men behind the ball, if their scouts are even half decent they'll be telling the braga gaffer thats how to fucking stump us

McGregor

Tav  Goldson   Edmundson   Barisic

Arfield          Davis         Kamara

Hagi        Morelos      Kent

I'm one of the few who is not a fan of Katic

Aribo could start in place of Kamara and Kent deserves to be dropped but he won't.

17 hours ago, gersfc86 said:

I'm surprised to see us going in as favourites for this game but Portuguese football is not as strong as it used to be! 

I was shocked when I checked the odds for the game today. 

I think it will be 1-0 with Arfield scoring. Hope to fuck Morelos turns it on though as he is a vital player for us on European nights. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav  Goldson   Edmundson   Barisic

Arfield          Davis         Kamara

Hagi        Morelos      Kent

I'm one of the few who is not a fan of Katic

Aribo could start in place of Kamara and Kent deserves to be dropped but he won't.

Kent is due a performance he has been poor for a few games now, perhaps he like Arfield can rediscover his form after a bad spell 

4 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Electric atmosphere :lol: 

No reason why it shouldn't be, I find most European nights are vastly superior to anything domestic, if we can't get ourselves up and noisy for nights like Thursday then we would be as well just turning the fucking lights out and closing the gates for good. 

22 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

No reason why it shouldn't be, I find most European nights are vastly superior to anything domestic, if we can't get ourselves up and noisy for nights like Thursday then we would be as well just turning the fucking lights out and closing the gates for good. 

Will be the usual imo mate, Feyenoord aside it’s been rotten in every game at Ibrox  

28 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Sing a few songs after the game starts, then nothing. 
If we’re lucky there will be a couple songs throughout the game, apart from that there will be the usual moaning and greeting. 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

The type of game that we need just now and that suits us.

A team who will come at us and wont put 10 behind the ball.

Considering how shit we have been i am going to say we will produce a bit of magic Thursday.

3-0 Rangers.

The men in white coats are on there way mate.....☺️

49 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Sing a few songs after the game starts, then nothing. 
If we’re lucky there will be a couple songs throughout the game, apart from that there will be the usual moaning and greeting. 

I’m in the minority here but in my opinion the songs are the problem 

Apart from the last 5/10 mins v Hivs the atmosphere has been completely non-existent at Ibrox since the break. 

I've not got high expectations that it will be anything special in Thursday. The fans are not with the players. 

We are not good at "supporting" when the team needs it most. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Will be the usual imo mate, Feyenoord aside it’s been rotten in every game at Ibrox  

Ano Legia at ibrox was shite!

2 -0 win over porto was shite!

And qualifying for the last 32 with the draw against young boys ( late equaliser) was shite aswell.

Your talking shite!!

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I’m in the minority here but in my opinion the songs are the problem 

How so, mate?

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Ano Legia at ibrox was shite!

2 -0 win over porto was shite!

And qualifying for the last 32 with the draw against young boys ( late equaliser) was shite aswell.

Your talking shite!!

Atmosphere wise, it’s shite.

IT’S your Official Rangers Podcast for Monday, February 17 as we look ahead to the visit of Braga to Ibrox this week.

On today’s episode we have:

Tom Miller reviewing last night’s win over Livivngston.
Andy Halliday with an exclusive look ahead to the Europa League tie on Thursday.
Graeme Murty and Daniel Finlayson reflect on the close defeat to Inverness in the Caramel Wafer Cup.

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/podcast-braga-preview/

Archived