*****Official Rangers v Braga Thread *****

Scottywellhousetb

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How so, mate?

Atmosphere wise, it’s shite.

I don’t think anywhere near the amount of people join in with the newer songs , Derry’s walls was always a belter on an European night  as the teams lined up before the game , it used to set the tone , the current pre match oh oh oh etc hasn’t got the same bite and nowhere near as many join in , not the UB fault but the rest of us has slipped into only they can start songs and personally I think the majority of them have killed the atmosphere in big games 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I don’t think anywhere near the amount of people join in to the newer songs , Derry’s walls was always a belter on an European night  as the teams lined up before the game , it used to set the tone , the current pre match oh oh oh etc hasn’t got the same bite and nowhere near as many join in , not the UB fault but the rest of us has slipped into only they can start songs and personally I think the majority of them have killed the atmosphere in big games 

Back when the billy boys was belted out before kick off it got the place jumping on European nights and the songs continued on from there. Ibrox can be a special atmosphere at times but can be absolutely fucking toxic which doesn't help the players at all. 

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Back when the billy boys was belted out before kick off it got the place jumping on European nights and the songs continued on from there. Ibrox can be a special atmosphere at times but can be absolutely fucking toxic which doesn't help the players at all. 

I know billy boys basically banned but I can’t even remember the last time I heard a full stadium rendition of follow follow 

5 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Weather is grim for Thursday night again, 40mph winds and rain. Certainly different to what Braga are used to.

That big cliff is gonna have an effect if it's windy I would think.

Where they actually play is not too far from the Atlantic coast and is quite high up (700m) , so they may be used to a bit of rainy, windy weather at this time of year.

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Don’t think he’s all that. Happy to be proved wrong but so far he’s not caught my eye.

Id be playing 

Mcgregor 

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic 

Arfield Davis Kamara 

Aribo Morelos Kent 

Hagi and Arfield been our best players recently imo.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

My opinion is he doesn't get the ball enough. The boy is in a different class although it may take a bit of time for him to truly shine.

But like myself mate. I don’t get my hole enough, but I’m different class and in time my chance to shine will come again and so will I. 

13 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Don’t think he’s all that. Happy to be proved wrong but so far he’s not caught my eye.

Id be playing 

Mcgregor 

Arfield Davis Kamara 

Aribo Morelos Kent 

Might show a bit more against European opposition who want to play football. 
Think because of how poor we’ve been we want him to be the one to drag us out the shit, level of expectation on him is maybe why he doesn’t seem all that so far 

I’d be tempted for us to try a midfield diamond like below at some point but this probably isn’t the game for it tbh

McGregor

Davis

Arfield Kamara

Hagi

Morelos Kamberi

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I want VAR, I really do but not this English version. The Chelsea Man U game is farcical. Not sure my blood pressure could handle an additional mistake.

It will be interesting on Thursday. I predict 2 or 3 decisions.

Im watching the game and the two VAR calls were correct.

Archived