Alan Hutton

G.E.C.

14 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Unplayable in the first half of 07-08

I would add he was superb as soon as Walter came back in the January ,

Would have been a standout for player of the year had he managed that form over a season rather a calendar year 

I remember him making an outstanding old firm derby debut and dipping a fair bit ,became a target for the boo boys ,But when Walter came back he was superb ,Arguably the best to come from our youth policy this century,only shagger comes close 

32 minutes ago, Tate Haigs said:

Earned his move down south.  Get up the road Alan we need decent pro Rangers pundits. Obviously no evidence to suggest he'd be any good at it but the place absolutely reeks of tarrier soup takers like Stewart. 

'Soup taker' is a quip reeking of tarrier in all fairness. 

Outed.

It was a year and a half he was really good. The previous season he'd stepped up a level too. Folk were just slow on the uptake, probably because they'd gotten used to giving him grief. 

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Thought his broken leg would have seen him playing junior football. Came back and for 6 months was the best RB I’ve seen in our jersey.

Might be wrong but i think the prick of a ref booked him when he was on the stretcher get carried off 

He was unreal in that 6 months already referred to. It was a case of give Hutton the ball and he'd get you up the park in a few seconds. Would be interesting to know how many goals we scored from situations were he took the ball from defence and went for a run leading to freekicks, corners etc.

One of the best out balls I've seen and he was a RB.

Would make amazing 50 yard runs at times while never actually seeming to be in full control of the ball. 2-1 game at Ibrox vs Stuttgart always stands out. Ran about the length of the pitch to set up Charlie Adam. Then another run won the Darcheville penalty 

Archived