Braga Are A Great Wee Team.

tannerall

2-0 up in the second half they were playing the ball all over the place, great passes, confidence high after recent successes, teamwork, and sheer footballing ability.  Was a joy to watch to be honest. Unless you were a Rangers fan.

But then the wee bits of magic that us Gers fans have not experienced for over a decade kicked in. Hagi still full of confidence that the great footballers with ability have, pulled us in with a great goal. 

An then the real magic happened, we started to believe in ourselves, our ability, our passion, the desire to win. It's what the great teams of yore were all about, we worked the shift, we made our own luck. Thw Aribo subsitution was inspired, even desperate, butthe magic of that goal will live in our minds forever. 

And then we excelled. 

Braga are a good football team, and who knows, perhaps their technical abilities may even win this tie. 

But what tonight proved is we are now  team who can battle on, make our luck and show the resolve of the great teams, who have  the ability to achieve greatness. 

(By the way this was a team effort without Morleos, he tried a few one off things but his contribution fell short again tonight,  the sooner he starts to get his act together again the better, but no great worries he will come good again, but tonights result was up there with our greatest performances in Europe.)

And not to forget, in my opinion our "Player Of the Year" so far, was the most crucial part of the process. Take a bow  Allan McGregor. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Their organisation is excellent. Their passing cutting. Probably most impressed I've been all season with an opponent.

But by fuck they got rattled when we got in about them.

And quite simply, that is what we need to be good at, rattling the opposition. Letting them know there is no surrender from start to finish, we are the people.

The fans know this and hopefully Mr Gerrard and our team will find that self belief consistently. 

Just now, bluenoz said:

We have to show then no respect next week. If we do, they will thump us. Go there to win the game. If we go looking for a tie they will cut us open.

I think we need to box clever. I wouldn't be looking to play them off the park in football terms

They have an ability and confidence to find an out ball to space quickly, we need to be prepared to man mark all over the pitch for most of the game, 

Then if we get a break and score we need to hold it rather than open up. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

I think we need to box clever. I wouldn't be looking to play them off the park in football terms

They have an ability and confidence to find an out ball to space quickly, we need to be prepared to man mark all over the pitch for most of the game, 

Then if we get a break and score we need to hold it rather than open up. 

Hopefully Jack will steady us.

They are a good outfit but I couldn’t help thinking our midfield 3 were just completely struggling which made it easier for them. We have so many players out of form or lacking confidence , Davis for all his experience has been stinking for weeks and the last thing we needed was Braga to be so slick.

hagi dragged us back into the game and hopefully his desire will run off on the others.

23 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

When of best teams I’ve seen at ibrox in a long time no doubt but we were very poor for 60mins!

some come back that mind 

they were a great team going forward when they were allowed to play but they were poor at the back  for all the poor stuff from us we could and should have had 3 goals in the 1st half  the 2 one on one with alfredo and the ball that was too hard for kent  as a spectacle is was great entertainment

Archived