Braga Are A Great Wee Team.

tannerall

Just now, Ayrshire Blue said:

Yeah, respect to them that they play a good game and weren’t the usual, theatrical European teams we have seen in the past.

But all credit to us too for not lying down at 2-0 - a bit of backbone shown at last 🇬🇧 

100% - hopefully this is the big turning point we've been desperate for lately, shows them we can fucking dig deep and win if we want it enough.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Lethal wee team. Play some exciting stuff as well and thankfully don't act like cunts either which makes such a change. They really do leave themselves open at the back as a result though.

They'll be scratching their heads and wondering how the fuck they lost that tonight.

Could've been game well and truly over by half time if they were more accurate. 3 or 4 point blank sitters / headers / gilt edge chances missed in the first 45.

Some fucking game! Good telly for any neutrals :lol:

In this country, there are no neutrals.

I think we’ll need to be organised better over in Braga, let them come on to us a bit more then swamp them in 2s and 3s deeper , if we press high in a calm non atmospheric ground like I’d imagine there’s will be they’ll just play round us into all kinds of dangerous open space , hopefully Gerrard gets a good analysis of tonight to come up with a plan to get us through 

They were interesting to watch and would’ve deservedly been 3-0 up in the first 20 if they wanted. 

Their movement up front was crazy, Katic constantly getting pulled about 10 yards wider than he should trying to track Trincao. 

The most impressive thing they done was in the first half they played 4-5 triangles in their left back position which meant our whole team got dragged down there, 3 passes later they have a 3 on 1 situation against Barisic and it happened time and again, couldn’t get near them when they passed like that. 

However like many European teams, they crumbled in the ground under the pressure from our fans. They must’ve been thinking what a myth this place is at 2-0 but from 70th minute onwards their passing was shite and they were just booting the ball away constantly 

15 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They were interesting to watch and would’ve deservedly been 3-0 up in the first 20 if they wanted. 

Their movement up front was crazy, Katic constantly getting pulled about 10 yards wider than he should trying to track Trincao. 

The most impressive thing they done was in the first half they played 4-5 triangles in their left back position which meant our whole team got dragged down there, 3 passes later they have a 3 on 1 situation against Barisic and it happened time and again, couldn’t get near them when they passed like that. 

However like many European teams, they crumbled in the ground under the pressure from our fans. They must’ve been thinking what a myth this place is at 2-0 but from 70th minute onwards their passing was shite and they were just booting the ball away constantly 

Think the result flattered us last night overall, as you said they could've easily been more infront than they were.

But we basically let them play their way for the first 50 minutes of the game, they are obviously a very good technical side but we lost every single individual battle up until that point & personally I think we made them look better than they actually are. They had a few nice moves (the 1 in the first half from left back particularly was class) but most of their chances came from our mistakes.

We should've been in about them from the 1st minute playing balls in behind & getting them turned, they panicked every time that happened.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Think the result flattered us last night overall, as you said they could've easily been more infront than they were.

But we basically let them play their way for the first 50 minutes of the game, they are obviously a very good technical side but we lost every single individual battle up until that point & personally I think we made them look better than they actually are. They had a few nice moves (the 1 in the first half from left back particularly was class) but most of their chances came from our mistakes.

We should've been in about them from the 1st minute playing balls in behind & getting them turned, they panicked every time that happened.

I think we realised we couldn’t match them technically so went with a bit of force and pressure in the second half. 

When we pressed them in the first half they just played around us with relative ease which was surprising. 

Hope now they have doubt that even if they do score 2 or 3 next week, were more than capable of doing it as well

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I think we realised we couldn’t match them technically so went with a bit of force and pressure in the second half. 

When we pressed them in the first half they just played around us with relative ease which was surprising. 

Hope now they have doubt that even if they do score 2 or 3 next week, were more than capable of doing it as well

I thought changing the formation made a difference.  Did it against Livingston and immediately broke through, did it again last night and then scored 3.  Didn't think our pressing was good enough so made it easy for them to play around us, they are def technically decent football players.  The odd occasion we did press them with aggression they didn't look as comfortable.  

Hopefully Gerard seen enough last night to make us competitive next week - we are capable.  

The first goal gave us self belief and that’s what we have been seriously lacking for the past 6/7 weeks. 

first 65 mins we looked like the season was over we could not even make 5 yard passes. Kamara was absolutely terrible and you can see his confidence is gone. I thought we lacked leaders tonight. When the 2 goal went in it took about 2 mins to restart. When the Braga players were celebrating everyone of our players just headed back to kick off and had heads down and hands on hips. I never saw anyone shouting or giving directions (that’s includes SG) and we just looked like a team that was defeated. 

I think our team seriously lacks leaders and winners and that’s going to end up costing us over a 38 game season. We have proven we are a match for absolutely anyone over 90 mins but it’s consistency that wins you leagues. I feel out mid field is not good enough (at times) to play the system and better recruiting is needed in the summer to bring in much needed experience and for that you need to pay top dollar.

then the clock struck 66 mins and we all seen a bit of charter and someone that took the game by the stuff of the neck. Up sets Hagi 🇬🇧👌 absolutely fantastic and his goal was the catalyst for our self belief. Never have a seen a game at  ibrox were we just stood up like that and said not today mate. Everyone rolled up their sleeve and knew this tie was not over. We had given a good account of ourselves and opportunity to progress into the next round. 15 games at home unbeaten under SG is an absolute cracking achievement. Let’s put this self belief into the league and put a good run of wins together up to the next old firm.

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

They were okay their defence if pressured is actually piss poor great keeper all the same but the defence once we pushed up on them folded, Tired really quickly after 60 odd minutes as well.

I said to my dad just after the second goal that their back three were good on the ball but a different animal with balls in behind them

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I said to my dad just after the second goal that their back three were good on the ball but a different animal with balls in behind them

Yes, they really struggled I also thought tiredness as we got stronger as the game went on played a part as well.

3 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

I thought changing the formation made a difference.  Did it against Livingston and immediately broke through, did it again last night and then scored 3.  Didn't think our pressing was good enough so made it easy for them to play around us, they are def technically decent football players.  The odd occasion we did press them with aggression they didn't look as comfortable.  

Hopefully Gerard seen enough last night to make us competitive next week - we are capable.  

You might disagree but I though Kamberi when he has came on in the last 2 games has looked very sharp and up for it. 

I would start with him on Sunday.

Just now, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

You might disagree but I though Kamberi when he has came on in the last 2 games has looked very sharp and up for it. 

I would start with him on Sunday.

I would too, particularly as he is prob starting next Wednesday.  I'd like to see 3-5-2.  3 of the 4 CBs, Borna and Tav wing backs, 3 of Arfield, Jack, Aribo, Davis Hagi in the middle, Kamberi and Alfredo up front.  Don't think I'll ever get to see it though.

Archived