Braga Are A Great Wee Team.

tannerall

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mental that we won, they'll defo be thinking what happened. It shows that we have the ability to really pull it out the bag if even in Europe, but it should also be a lesson about how regular SPL teams play against us. 

No way after 2 down we should have won that.

We did though and in a good position to qualify for the last 16. I really do hope this kicks us on, the desire to win every game needs to come back 

I thought they were just what you’d expect from a continental side 

Confident and competent on the ball, maybe too confident at the back and came to win the game 

We were as bad as I’ve seen in Europe and were our own worst enemy for most of the game 

I didn’t think they were anything special but they deserved to win tonight, should’ve been out of sight after 10 minutes 

Turning point was Kamara going off. Playing him and Davis together is pointless both are far to negative. You could see in the first half the amount of times the ball went backwards and allowed Braga to flood into our half. When Kamara went of the ball started to go forward quicker and that allows to get control in their half.

6 minutes ago, Canabear said:

A very good Footballing team who came to play and never set 10 men behind the ball.

Mind you they had 12 men on the park and once SG took Kamara off the playing field evened up and look what happened.

Davis and Arfield were just as bad in my opinion. The number of times these two gave the ball away was disgraceful.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Davis and Arfield were just as bad in my opinion. The number of times these two gave the ball away was disgraceful.

They were poor but Kamara was on another level.

Their first goal came from a terrible pass to Arfield where he passed it past him and they score when we couldn't get the ball back.

His first touch in the 2nd half was a header that put the ball right in front of their striker who if the ball hadn't bobbled on him would have scored.

That is the blatant ones and there were more shocking passes from him. He has been poor for a while now and needs his arse glued to the bench for a while.

51 minutes ago, tannerall said:

2-0 up in the second half they were playing the ball all over the place, great passes, confidence high after recent successes, teamwork, and sheer footballing ability.  Was a joy to watch to be honest. Unless you were a Rangers fan.

But then the wee bits of magic that us Gers fans have not experienced for over a decade kicked in. Hagi still full of confidence that the great footballers with ability have, pulled us in with a great goal. 

An then the real magic happened, we started to believe in ourselves, our ability, our passion, the desire to win. It's what the great teams of yore were all about, we worked the shift, we made our own luck. Thw Aribo subsitution was inspired, even desperate, butthe magic of that goal will live in our minds forever. 

And then we excelled. 

Braga are a good football team, and who knows, perhaps their technical abilities may even win this tie. 

But what tonight proved is we are now  team who can battle on, make our luck and show the resolve of the great teams, who have  the ability to achieve greatness. 

(By the way this was a team effort without Morleos, he tried a few one off things but his contribution fell short again tonight,  the sooner he starts to get his act together again the better, but no great worries he will come good again, but tonights result was up there with our greatest performances in Europe.)

And not to forget, in my opinion our "Player Of the Year" so far, was the most crucial part of the process. Take a bow  Allan McGregor. 

Well said tannerall great post very true.

Technically they're well ahead if us , but tonight we showed that a bit of grit and determination can go a long way . We just need to show that same grit and determination in domestic games like we did before the break . 

27 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Their defending was terrible tbh but were a good technical team from middle to front.  They couldn't handle us when we went 2 up front... early wake up call for Gerrard hopefully.

Hopefully he now realises we need a plan B, change the formation and press higher up. Will he do the same against Hearts, Kilmarnock, Sheep, all teams we should be hammering - even Kambera gives us a different shape/option.

Stevie G needs to learn from that tonight, when we played a more attacking formation we looked a totally different team.  I was admiring their movement and technical ability before the last 20 minutes but after that we looked the far better team, the best form of defence is attack!

Thought they were a good footballing team but fact of the matter is we were pish and still should have scored more than we did.   Morelos should have had a hat trick ffs.   Good in attack absolute shite in defence.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Braga are what you actually do call a good side, not like the overrated average Midjtyyland that people were creaming over in the summer. 

Thats how my fight came about.. Some mongo shouted going out "this is an embarrassing night losing to them" 

That was at 2 down mate and tbh I thought they were that good that it was over critical on us just my opinion of course 

Archived