Confidence Restored

drewgardiner88

3 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Last nights win was outstanding and a glimpse of what we have been seeing a lot in Europe and the first half of the season. The players have let the fans down though this second half of the season. Lets take 1 game at a time now and not get carried away.

Spot on mate, as the saying goes " one swallow a summer does not make".

On 21/02/2020 at 16:01, Sweettartangirl said:

We will see. I hope their pride is restored. First hour was miserable though.  The subs were the game changer though and for once SG got that right. 

First hour was miserable and we still couldve outscored them. 

No. Only a dominant resounding 3/4-0 win will restore some confidence imo.   These players haven’t forgot how to play well etc in the space of 4 weeks, I’m still adamant that it’s down to application and mentality.  Say what you like that they have a winning mentality because we recovered from a 2-0 score line but we’ve also threw away a 2 goal lead against the sheep because the sheep players determination was higher than our players.

hearts who haven’t won a league game since totally outfighting us had a higher determination to win the game.   We got out of jail vs hibs who made it hard for us, killie again wanted the win more than these players of ours.    The mentality of a true Championship winking side is to win at all costs and earn the right to compete on the pitch- it doesn’t matter if we’re playing stmirren or fc porto.  The demand to win is the same and these players better grasp that aspect or they can all do one.

On 21/02/2020 at 13:55, Blue Avenger said:

Try, we let them sit in with our ponderous predictable style of play.

I surprised the oppo are not fast asleep by the time we get up the fucking park.

Back to mid, mid to front, that ball needs moved a lot fucking quicker as does our movement off the ball.

For me that last part of your post has been the biggest issue. The majority of our good play during the first part of the season was fast and on the front foot, and movement was decent so passes were on all the time, since we’ve come back our movement off the ball is fucking horrendous which is the main reason we’re so slow on the ball. Frustrates the life out of me. 

Archived