Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

40 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This.

had we won the league cup we’d be top of the league right now, they’d be the ones imploding and we’d be flying.

That game has really hurt us.

Said before that game whoever won would take the league.

Dominating them that day and still losing was an absolute disaster

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Lets be frank, they are far from bang average. They’ve dropped 8 points all season. Will hit 100 points, won their EL group including wins home and away against a team fighting to win the Italian league. 

Even without our dreadful run since January, we’d have to have delivered an unprecedented season, in terms of points for us, to win the league. 

It is frustrating, no doubt. But we’re still going to end up on 85-90 points which would normally at least put you in contention to win a league. 

I've been saying it all season that I dont understand people constantly wanting to say how shite they are etc , imo all that was doing was talking down how good we were up to the winter break 

I've listed all the positives of having Steven Gerrard as Rangers manager countless times, his record in Europe being the the biggest achievement over the past two seasons but sooner or later he's going to need something tangible domestically  to prove that he's got it in him to be a successful Rangers manager, that's two League titles gone, two league cups gone, a Scottish cup gone, we have one trophy left, we'll most likely have to go through the tims for it again at Hampden, but this week is huge, we go to Portugal more in hope than expectation.

Braga showed us how good they are for 65 minutes the other night, if they get that much control of the game again I don't think we'll get out of jail a second time, the worry for me is if Braga killnus off like they thrratened to do at Ibrox then we could be heading to Tynecastle next weekend for what is now our biggest game of the season on the back of a demoralising  drubbing.

I realise that's a negative view and we could go there, get a credible draw like we did in Porto, qualify then go to Tynecastle buzzing but realistically I just can't see that happening, particularly without Morelos, Kamberi has been a breath of fresh air but Alfie's physicality drags us up the oitch and keeps usnthere by occupying the whole defensive line, I feqr we'll need to sacrifice a bit of structure to combat that loss and it'll inevitably cost us.

DepressedLoyal 😂

50 minutes ago, Jasper Blues said:

I fully understand the frustration but that's shocking language. SG is the Manager of Rangers, not a cunt. 

When he stops insulting mine and every other Rangers fans intelligence then I will stop calling him a cunt, serving up the same shite week in week out then digging up fans after you get a miracle midweek is deserving of the tag cunt.

If only we could say the same about the other 11 Scottish premier league teams :justno:

No questioning our results in Europe, if he and the team matched that level domestically we’d have silverware from the last 2 seasons and be fighting tooth and nail with the scum for the title.

That gives me hope that there is something there because we can’t afford to change manager again, we just have to hope that he changes the formation a bit and gets more out of the players.

Kamberi looks like he’d run through walls to get a permanent move here and we need to harness that and get it to rub off others in the team.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Lets be frank, they are far from bang average. They’ve dropped 8 points all season. Will hit 100 points, won their EL group including wins home and away against a team fighting to win the Italian league. 

Even without our dreadful run since January, we’d have to have delivered an unprecedented season, in terms of points for us, to win the league

It is frustrating, no doubt. But we’re still going to end up on 85-90 points which would normally at least put you in contention to win a league. 

Said this last week, it was always going to be a huge ask after the start they have made to the 2nd half of the season.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Said this last week, it was always going to be a huge ask after the start they have made to the 2nd half of the season.

All we had to do was keep within touching distance until our game in hand, if we're level on points or even 1 or 2 behind after that it's game on. 

We've never put them under real pressure. 

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We have won many titles with worse win, draw, loss stats than this season.  But times have changed and it is now a case of winning every, yes every game against the cannon fodder and then beating the scum in a head to head over four games.   We will probably achieve the latter and be found sadly wanting because we can’t play with the required intensity every game.

1 hour ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This.

had we won the league cup we’d be top of the league right now, they’d be the ones imploding and we’d be flying.

That game has really hurt us.

If that were true why didn't they implode straight after the final ? They obviously had something to come back from that and finish strong before the break, whatever has happened during the break has utterly fucked our season.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

All we had to do was keep within touching distance until our game in hand, if we're level on points or even 1 or 2 behind after that it's game on. 

We've never put them under real pressure. 

Yup. I still can't get my head around why we have capitulated in such a manner, and in such a short space of time.

It's a total brain scratch.

It's baffling, utter baffling.

Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

If that were true why didn't they implode straight after the final ? They obviously had something to come back from that and finish strong before the break, whatever has happened during the break has utterly fucked our season.

Not doubting the Dubai trip screwing us over somehow but I really do think that not getting that win in the cup final would have meant the players believed they could win, now every time our players get into winning positions they doubt themselves.

We simply can't afford to get rid of Gerrard and start from scratch again, altho if we go out the scottish cup the pressure will really be on...Its not just Gerrard tho who needs to be called out, its the whole management team - our level of naivety is criminal at times! 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Not doubting the Dubai trip screwing us over somehow but I really do think that not getting that win in the cup final would have meant the players believed they could win, now every time our players get into winning positions they doubt themselves.

Today looked like the day they would push on after we got the 2nd, we were carving out chances quite easily, 5 mins after going a goal up Gerrard shites it but.

10 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Today looked like the day they would push on after we got the 2nd, we were carving out chances quite easily, 5 mins after going a goal up Gerrard shites it but.

He was clearly scarred by the killie game when Davis should have been on, so he did the same change today before we lost an equaliser which might have worked but the defence is shite and we should have kept the foot on the gas to keep it as far away from our defence as possible.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He was clearly scarred by the killie game when Davis should have been on, so he did the same change today before we lost an equaliser which might have worked but the defence is shite and we should have kept the foot on the gas to keep it as far away from our defence as possible.

Until we sort out our defence we might as well go all out attack on the basis that we will win4-3 or 3-2.   No chance of holding onto a one goal lead at present.

Just now, andyhrfc said:

Until we sort out our defence we might as well go all out attack on the basis that we will win4-3 or 3-2.   No chance of holding onto a one goal lead at present.

Definitely worth considering, we look our best when we have a high press and go for teams, we just never start games that way. Are the players being instructed to be cautious or is it just something they do on their own?

Gerrard said our defence didn’t play well today.... well fucking  change it then Gerrard! Goodson was shite as he has been for the last few months, but Katic was on another level of shite today and he should have been subbed before 30 mins!! 

I remember advocaat taking off craig Moore on the first day of the season after 20 mins because he shite that day, Gerrard needs to do the same! 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Definitely worth considering, we look our best when we have a high press and go for teams, we just never start games that way. Are the players being instructed to be cautious or is it just something they do on their own?

Ball control/possession instruction id imagine! 

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We have a team that, on their day can beat anyone, the problem is We are consistently inconsistent. 

For me it's a small team mentality that can't be allowed to stay. We are turning up and producing against tougher opposition in europe and against the taigs.

Yet we are failing to turn up against the  standard sides that make up the spfl. 

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Another thing..... 2nd goal goes in for St J and our bench was motionless!! Not an angry reaction between Gerrard, McAllister or Beale, for me that’s not on!! The players need a proper bollocking if they are playing shite

Beale was probably on Twitter talking boxing or about number 10’s.

Another hype job.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We lose on Saturday night and the fans will turn on Gerrard and this team.

whether there’s a way back for Gerrard if that happens i don’t know but there will be no way back for most of the players.

The only way back from that is delivering the Europa league. If we go out on Wednesday then Saturday to Hearts, with back to back defeats against them at their midden in their worst season since they came back up, then I don't see how he comes back from that. Make or break week for Gerrard. 

Archived