Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

9 hours ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

It is our own fault for signing older players at 34-36 etc I mean Weir,Clint Hill and Defoe and Shagger are exceptions but we really shouldn't be bringing in this age bracket ! any more 

So McGregor and Defoe are exceptions but we sign too many players who are 34-36. You do know that McGrgeor and Defoe (I know they are even older that that) aside Davis is the only other player in our squad who’s currently “34-36” don’t you? :lol:

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok all those who want rid of our manager . Realistically who do we get ?? .

Players lose form . At xmas we wanted him knighted .

I agree we should change formation to suit opposition but I'm not a manager and dont work with these guys every day and I didn't play at the highest level .

10 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Ok all those who want rid of our manager . Realistically who do we get ?? .

Players lose form . At xmas we wanted him knighted .

I agree we should change formation to suit opposition but I'm not a manager and dont work with these guys every day and I didn't play at the highest level .

You'll get no names. You will get told thats not their job to suggest names.

For context 

Warburtons final eight league games before being removed/quitting/sacked 

P 8 W 4 D 2 L 2 F 11 A 9

Caixinha’s final eight league games

P 8 W 4 D 3 L 1 F 17 A 8

Gerrard’s eight league games since the break

P 8 W 4 D 2 L 2 F 10 A 7

Our current league form is comparable to the form that got our last two managers booted out and like I said yesterday the league will always be our bread and butter.

At this point Europe and the results he’s had against celtic are all that’s keeping Gerrard afloat and the goodwill from them will soon disappear if he doesn’t turn things around quickly.

I honestly can’t believe that we are back in this position again. 

No way should SG be fired. That would be a lowpoint in this clubs history and in recent years, we've had too many.

What SG needs to do and sharpish.....is find an on-field skipper. Someone who feels the pain and has the clout and respect of others to change things on the fly. Someone with the balls to effect a bollocking and a fist shake when mistakes are being made. Someone to galvanise a group of talented players who are playing like they don't even know each other. Someone who takes charge of developing situations....all the things you can't do from the sidelines and the sole fucking reason that clubs still employ captains! We haven't got one in the squad. The closest i've seen all season (in two fucking appearances) is Edmundson. I have no doubt he is a future skipper if he stays at this club but until he's an established 1st team regular (which he should be starting from Wednesday) we need to find an on-field general. Doesn't have to be a great player, just a leader. I hate making comparisons to the green monster but look at Scott Brown. For 10 years, the least talented member of their squad.....but a fucking winner who leads from the front on the field.

11 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

For context 

Warburtons final eight league games before being removed/quitting/sacked 

P 8 W 4 D 2 L 2 F 11 A 9

Caixinha’s final eight league games

P 8 W 4 D 3 L 1 F 17 A 8

Gerrard’s eight league games since the break

P 8 W 4 D 2 L 2 F 10 A 7

Our current league form is comparable to the form that got our last two managers booted out and like I said yesterday the league will always be out bread and butter.

At this point Europe and the results he’s had against celtic are all that’s keeping Gerrard afloat and the goodwill from them will soon disappear if he doesn’t turn things around quickly.

I honestly can’t believe that we are back in this position again. 

Season 97/98 when we lost the league under Walter smith we won 21 drew 9 lost 6.

So far in feb we've won 20 drawn 4 lost 3 ..

Our big issue this season is they're steamrolling teams and cant be stopped .. we've dropped daft points but so does every side in every league under even the best managers . Give gerrard a break and time 

6 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

The paedos must be pissing themselves at the meltdown in here.

No. The paedos must be pissing themselves at how bad we are and surrendering the title in February.

We have managed to make TLB look like a tactical genious. So what does that make Gerrard look like?

Enough said!

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ll be pissing themselves at the easy title win again, and no doubt another treble.

Maybe but we were in the championship 3 seasons ago and if they weren't going for 9 there wouldn't be the meltdown we're having right now.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. The paedos must be pissing themselves at how bad we are and surrendering the title in February.

We have managed to make TLB look like a tactical genious. So what does that make Gerrard look like?

Enough said!

A brand new manager.  Managing for 18 months one the the world's biggest side ..

Fredo missing chances , katic defending like a school boy.,jack and kamara ( both in the £10m bracket at xmas) injured or losing form and not enough quality additions to replace them is not down to the manager .

A fully fit first 11 battered everyone .. that's still achievable under this manager and so is fuckin up they cunts treble .

10 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Season 97/98 when we lost the league under Walter smith we won 21 drew 9 lost 6.

Our big issue this season is they're steamrolling teams and cant be stopped .. we've dropped daft points but so does every side in every league under even the best managers . Give gerrard a break and time 

7 points dropped from winning positions. Unacceptable. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The scum have been unbelievably consistent so it was always gonna tough but you can't just fold like a deck chair.

No pressure on them.  Had we continued in January till now as we had finished in December there would be immense pressure on them and they would have fucked up here and there.  Easy run in been gifted to them this month!!!!!

1 minute ago, Gazza2258 said:

No pressure on them.  Had we continued in January till now as we had finished in December there would be immense pressure on them and they would have fucked up here and there.  Easy run in been gifted to them this month!!!!!

Of course but they still had to get the job done and have done so.

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The scum have been unbelievably consistent so it was always gonna tough but you can't just fold like a deck chair.

This.  After the game in December, Lennon has completely tweaked his team. He plays with 2 up front for a start. That's the flaw of Gerrard, his refusal to budge from a tactic till its too late. He moved fro the 433 with wide wingers like Kent and Candeias to one inside with Arfield, then 2 inside with Kent and Hagi when it wasnt working. Its was time to change a few weeks ago but he refuses to and it'll be his downfall. 

That and his teams inability to hold a lead or kill a game off. Dropping 8 points from winning positions is suicide alongside not beating a poor Aberdeen team at home has derailed any hope of stopping them.

5 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

A brand new manager.  Managing for 18 months one the the world's biggest side ..

Fredo missing chances , katic defending like a school boy.,jack and kamara ( both in the £10m bracket at xmas) injured or losing form and not enough quality additions to replace them is not down to the manager .

A fully fit first 11 battered everyone .. that's still achievable under this manager and so is fuckin up they cunts treble .

Not the paedo's fault who we sign.

Hailed as the second coming of Christ.

He picks the team and sets them up. Dug shite players guaranteed a start. 28 fucking signings! Ponderous predictable style of play that puts the oppo in a coma, far less the fans. No plan B. Shitebaggery. You missed out Tav, Goldson and that sensation Ojo!

Hand the title to the scum in February! He makes TLB look like a tactical genious.

There is no defending him. He fucked it!

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

7 points dropped from winning positions. Unacceptable. 

It is but every manager we've ever had has done that so why is it different this season .

Scenario from now on . We win our remaining games we end up with 97 points which is equal to our highest ever .

We get through in Europe to quarters say and win the scottish cup we've had our best season since 2011.. 

We've conceded only 18 goals in 27 games 1 more than the beggars we've lost only 1 more game than them .

We've improved enormously in our last 18 months . Aye were chucking away shite now but we will improve .

We must give Gerrard time and alot more cash 

3 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

This.  After the game in December, Lennon has completely tweaked his team. He plays with 2 up front for a start. That's the flaw of Gerrard, his refusal to budge from a tactic till its too late. He moved fro the 433 with wide wingers like Kent and Candeias to one inside with Arfield, then 2 inside with Kent and Hagi when it wasnt working. Its was time to change a few weeks ago but he refuses to and it'll be his downfall. 

That and his teams inability to hold a lead or kill a game off. Dropping 8 points from winning positions is suicide alongside not beating a poor Aberdeen team at home has derailed any hope of stopping them.

That's the killer 8points because we couldn't see the games out. You aren't winning anything with a stat like that

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not the paedo's fault who we sign.

Hailed as the second coming of Christ.

He picks the team and sets them up. Dug shite players guaranteed a start. 28 fucking signings! Ponderous predictable style of play that puts the oppo in a coma, far less the fans. No plan B. Shitebaggery. You missed out Tav, Goldson and that sensation Ojo!

Hand the title to the scum in February! He makes TLB look like a tactical genious.

There is no defending him. He fucked it!

So we sack him with millions in compensation . Who do we sign and where does the money come from?? 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

That's the killer 8points because we couldn't see the games out. You aren't winning anything with a stat like that

They are currently 12 points ahead, you put those 8 needless points, plus a game in hand and before we play each other again, the title race is well and truely on, even not playing well. But amateur mistakes by Gerrard and by the players have ruined all the good work they've done in the first 6 months. You can't win every game, fine. But losing at Tynecastle and McDairmid Park was nothing short of disgraceful given the circumstances. Rugby Park cost us through the refereeing  but its not just one factor that's cost us. It's the manager, the players,  the tactics, the opposition and the referees.  The one that can be changed at the moment needs to be or this could get seriously embarrassing. 

30 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

Most managers drop daft points but good ones with aspirations to win honours will learn from it and stop it happening again.

Gerrard clearly isn’t doing that because we are dropping the same silly points to the same teams that we were a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

So we sack him with millions in compensation . Who do we sign and where does the money come from?? 

No one is sacking him. We can't afford to.

We go into terminal decline as the scum get direct access to CL group money. Bridging the gap becomes unattainable.

Barring an oiligarch we're fucked. Gerrard was the last throw of the dice by this board. There is no more money as we sit in a precarious financial position. If Alfie diesn't turn his form around, we'll get little for him, but he is off one way or another. He is done with here and who could blame him? 

Continue this form, fans will vote with their feet and there is no chance we are stopping ten in a row, so better we face that now. Are we prepared for another title losing season?! I would say not.

Only regime change and plenty cash, can we change our fortunes and that is unlikely to happen, but one would welcome it.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Most managers drop daft points but good ones with aspirations to win honours will learn from it and stop it happening again.

Gerrard clearly isn’t doing that because we are dropping the same silly points to the same teams that we were a year ago.

I blame players switching off cos they think the game is won. 

Yesterday was 2 of the worst defending mistakes I've seen . That's individual errors .we went 2 up front and we dominated and I feel that's the way to go .

If he can change it so we go on another good run and win a trophy then he deserves a 3rd season and with alfredo money to spend we might get that 3 top bits of quality we need .

Assuming alfredo starts scoring again.

If his tactics aren't working (leaving aside players being injured/off form), then there comes a point when he's living off his name. At that point he should go - but - there's no one comparable or better that we could afford and any new manager will want to start from scratch, most probably, which we clearly can't do. They'll get their worthless 9, but the task now is to stop the 10, pull in as much money as possible from Europe and make sure we're at least in that competition again next year. So, yes, under any other circumstances he should go, but this isn't normal circumstances and that being the case the best we can hope for is for SG to pull something out of the bag with what he's got and get things back on track.

That kind of result again St Johstone is simply unacceptable. He might need a miracle but he sure as hell needs to find one.

Archived