Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

He won’t win a single trophy for us IMO

he has potential at maybe a lower/ mid table EPL club fighting relegation, but he is not what Rangers require in this current climate 

another treble for these gypsy cunts beckons, and another winless season for us. He has to start taking the brunt of this at some point

and before anyone asks, Fuck knows who we get in to replace him, but he has clearly shown he can’t manage a full domestic league campaign without making a cunt of it 

With a win % of 61% he's no chance of winning a title.  To put that into some perspective that's just 6% ahead of Derek McInnes and 19% behind Lurgan Plopp.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Genuinely, what should he have said?

He's normally pretty honest, and was so again. We do need Helander back.

That can ruin a player mate. He will know he was shite but youre manager showing zero faith in you then asking younto go out the next game and play is mental.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Genuinely, what should he have said?

He's normally pretty honest, and was so again. We do need Helander back.

He needs to hold his hands up and say I got it wrong 1st half, my tactics didnt work & I shouldn't have went back to the same static shite we've been playing since Christmas after watching us do better on Thursday 

2nd half we changed it to 2 upfront & actually went for it against a pish team, we dominated for 25 minutes, got the lead then I decided to go back to the old ways again which let them back into the game.

That's what I'd like to have heard him say

2 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

He will be here for next season and if he can not stop their 10 in a row - then that will be it

Next season? 

He's here till 2024. We can create a new sack the manager thread after every game but unless he decides to walk, he will not be sacked as we utterly cannot afford it. 

Folk don't seem to realise this. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-gerrard-signs-new-contract/

Just now, Valance1690 said:

He needs to hold his hands up and say I got it wrong 1st half, my tactics didnt work & I shouldn't have went back to the same static shite we've been playing since Christmas after watching us do better on Thursday 

2nd half we changed it to 2 upfront & actually went for it against a pish team, we dominated for 25 minutes, got the lead then I decided to go back to the old ways again which let them back into the game.

This 100.

Said it earlier. 

I don’t think celtic have a better squad than us.  They’re just winning to be more attacking.  They are far more direct and they play more attacking systems like the 4-2-3-1.  I think they’re averaging 3 goals a game in the SPFL.  We can get 3 goals a game too we’re just being held back by this 4-3-3 which is far too defensive.  The 4-3-3 is perfect for tougher games in Europe and against celtic but domestically we should be rolling over the top of teams.  

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Aye on about losing too many goals against Braga etc.

Not like we lost 2 against Young Boys, Aberdeen, Feyenoord with Helander. 

With the greatest of respect you can’t compare losing goals in Europa league to the shit shows against Liam Boyce and Stevie fucking May. The two goals against Young Boys were Tavs Mistakes.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That can ruin a player mate. He will know he was shite but youre manager showing zero faith in you then asking younto go out the next game and play is mental.

Hauling him off in the first half would have done the same and that’s what most people seem to have wanted him today.

Today was fucking shite again and people were going to blame Gerrard regardless of what he decided to do.

1 minute ago, Craiggybear said:

Next season? 

He's here till 2024. We can create a new sack the manager thread after every game but unless he decides to walk, he will not be sacked ad we utterly cannot afford it. 

Folk don't seem to realise this. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/steven-gerrard-signs-new-contract/

It's not just paying him off either- "Steven’s backroom staff, Gary McAllister, Michael Beale, Tom Culshaw, Colin Stewart, Jordan Milsom, Mark Waller, Scott Mason and Graeme Stevenson have also renewed their contracts at the Club"

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Katic was bad but Gerrard in his presser was worse by chucking him under the bus saying "I need Helander back".

Fucking idiot.

I understand your point but evidence is always that with strong competition players perform better. No player let alone Katic should be afraid of competition given he stated when he was on the bench how much he wanted his chance. He’s had the jersey now for some time and should be playing out his skin to keep it. Mistakes like this give the manager every right to put him in notice. The number of poor refereeing decisions recently shouldn’t mask how poor some of our players have been since the break. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

We're all slagging the players and Gerrard off right, left and centre. No one can hide from it. There's no hiding place. It's there for all to see it. To ignore it is daft. 

Of course it's not nice to hear, no one wants to hear it, no one wants to say it but we were shocking defensively. There's only so many times you can defend things. I also don't think his comment was purely directed at Katic. Collectively we were poor, which is what he said.

It's time for Katic, Gerrard, everyone to put their big boy pants on. Dropping points and bad performances leaves everyone open to criticism.

Can't afford to get rid, we've not even got a kit deal for next season and we're still trying to get the money for this and last seasons sales, our board are a fkn joke and king is getting ready to bolt if he can get some cunt to take his place, worrying times on and off the pitch imo, a worry about our mentality going to tynecastle next week. 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I understand your point but evidence is always that with strong competition players perform better. No player let alone Katic should be afraid of competition given he stated when he was on the bench how much he wanted his chance. He’s had the jersey now for some time and should be playing out his skin to keep it. Mistakes like this give the manager every right to put him in notice. The number of poor refereeing decisions recently shouldn’t mask how poor some of our players have been since the break. 

I agree, but deal with that player behind closed doors

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Gerrard consistently takes responsibility. He doesn't shirk it IMO.

We have dropped points from a number of winning positions this eason. I therefore understand the Davis sub. We're 2-1 up, let's take the sting out and see it through. Shore up and get the win. That might not seem like the Rangers way but he's tried to be more pragmatic. Ultimately we've dropped points though and everyone is culpable.

I don't blame him for today, but questions need asked around why it's gone so wrong, and by next Sunday we could be out of Europe and out of the cup...

I think he gets another season regardless, but if that comes to pass there will be lots of noise around him going.

Theres lots of good points above. But it's the Guys first job...he got us solidly 2nd in the league and we still in Europe. I dont know who would come in. We all want stevie to succeed. Its just so difficult for us fans after winter break.

Archived