Fickle

Burts91

We have the most fickle fanbase going. Some of the threads on here are an unbearable read, including this one. 

players who 2 months ago were class etc are now being called shite because we have had a terrible run. 

calling for Helander to be the saviour when a couple months ago people were calling him shite. So many keyboard tacticians who know minimal about the game or management and think players are robots. 

We’ve been absolute dog shit for a number of reasons. We’ve stopped grinding out results but fuck me what’s the point in asking for the manager to be sacked to stop 10IAR when continuity for fucking once is the only thing that’s most likely gonna get us out of this. 

Individual mistakes are costing us in these games, whether that be defensively or horrendous decision making in the final third. 

celtic have literally dropped about 8 points all season. They are most likely going to finish on 100 points the way things are going. It was only a matter of time before before they pulled away when they are constantly winning games. 

reality is they have a team of winners that know what must be done constantly. 

confidence would also take a massive beating when referee decisions are influencing the outcome of certain games especially so many since the start of December. If a lot of us think referees are trying their best to stop us from winning how do you think the players feel constantly having to play twelve men. 

the league season is quite clearly over but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been improvement this season once again. Continual improvement is better than continual change. Gerrard is not Warburton or Caixinha. He still needs time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s football ya numpty .Every football team has the same stuff when their team aren’t doing well 

I was at Chelsea at the weekend and before the game .They are wanting Lampard sacked and Chelsea have blown a CL spot 🤔😄

Yes that’s an example of fickle .It is not exclusive to us .Never will be 

Agree with most of this , particularly the last paragraph but clearly some players aren't good enough , or at least dont have the strength in mentality to challenge for honours .

That's twice weve crumbled after getting into a good position at the halfway stage . 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

It’s football ya numpty .Every football team has the same stuff when their team aren’t doing well 

I was at Chelsea at the weekend and before the game .They are wanting Lampard sacked and Chelsea have blown a CL spot 🤔😄

Yes that’s an example of fickle .It is not exclusive to us .Never will be 

Exactly

I've said before, with the wage gap between us and them - we are only winning the league if we over perform, or they under perform.

Lets be honest a par score for this level of Rangers squad, over the season would be somewhere around the 85-90 point mark, we are on course to finish around the 90 point mark.  Celtic are on course to finish on 103 pts, which would be the 2nd highest points tally since the league went to 38 games in 2000. Even a great Rangers side would struggle to match that, and indeed we have never broken 100 points with far better squads than this.

90 points would be enough to win the league  in 8 out of the last 20 seasons, and league winning Rangers sides (far better than this one), only amassed 90-95pts.

It isn't good enough, it isn't where I want Rangers to be..... but it is the harsh reality. We are still suffering badly from the events following Valentines Day 2012, and pissed seasons up the wall with McCoist, Murty and Caixinha at the helm, when we should have been preparing for now.  I will excuse Warburton to a point, as he improved us immediately but.... didn't kick on to the next required level (albeit had limited backing in taking a Championship side to the SPFL). 

Whilst I do not think there is much between Rangers best XI and Celtics best XI.

They have 2 big advantages:

• Superior squad depth
  • Winners mentality

If we lose a few players, it weakens us far more than it weakens them. Their 3rd choice striker for example, cost £4m. Ours was struggling to get a game at a bang average Hibs side. 

People will point to Gerrards transfer spend, but for much the same reason as Everton could match Liverpools transfer spend for 2- 3 seasons, and still nowhere near as good. Celtic have an established core of quality, and any spend they make compliments it. Our spend is to the bring the core level up to the required standard. Our one big spend, Kent, isn't on form (and he doesn't improve us from last season, as he was here on loan). We need to be adding 1 or 2 players of quality each window, not loanees and squad filler. 

I don't know if Gerrard is the man to take us forward any more - I feel deep down that he may be nearing the plateau of taking us as far as he can, undoubtedly improving us. 

Of course fans are fickle but if Gerrard doesn’t know what’s caused this total implosion then he’ll never be able to fix it.

from the outside looking in Id say it’s a bottle thing. Maybe I’m wrong but the players haven’t proved me wrong.  All they’ve done is have an Aberdeen mentality since the winter break and that will never be good enough.Gerrard has talked about his alleged leaders he has in the team,  can anyone show me these leaders?  By the looks of things all their doing is leading us into years of obscurity and being in celtics shadow as I don’t see any of our players leading us to titles that’s is certain.

2 hours ago, Burts91 said:

We have the most fickle fanbase going. Some of the threads on here are an unbearable read, including this one. 

players who 2 months ago were class etc are now being called shite because we have had a terrible run. 

calling for Helander to be the saviour when a couple months ago people were calling him shite. So many keyboard tacticians who know minimal about the game or management and think players are robots. 

We’ve been absolute dog shit for a number of reasons. We’ve stopped grinding out results but fuck me what’s the point in asking for the manager to be sacked to stop 10IAR when continuity for fucking once is the only thing that’s most likely gonna get us out of this. 

Individual mistakes are costing us in these games, whether that be defensively or horrendous decision making in the final third. 

celtic have literally dropped about 8 points all season. They are most likely going to finish on 100 points the way things are going. It was only a matter of time before before they pulled away when they are constantly winning games. 

confidence would also take a massive beating when referee decisions are influencing the outcome of certain games especially so many since the start of December. If a lot of us think referees are trying their best to stop us from winning how do you think the players feel constantly having to play twelve men. 

the league season is quite clearly over but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been improvement this season once again. Continual improvement is better than continual change. Gerrard is not Warburton or Caixinha. He still needs time.

Drivel

2 hours ago, Burts91 said:

There are 600 reasons (and 141 for my boy) that i have the right to give my opinion on Gerrard and the club.  My opinion is Gerrard will never be a top manager, much like warburton there is no plan B and he fails to address the same issues week after week. 

His transfer dealings have been nothing short of awful and if he wasnt such a big name he would have been out on his arse long ago. celtic have been allowed to run riot since the winter break and in my opinion were there for the taking this season. In Lennon they have a basket case who could easily lose the plot if pressured, but no. We have a serial loser as our captain, two centre halfs who cant do the basics, 3 right wingers who are so poor Gerrard would rather play aribo/arfield out of position rather than give a game.  This season much like last is a story of missed opportunitys and missed chances. The longer Gerrard stays the futher away our chances of stopping their 10 are. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I've said before, with the wage gap between us and them - we are only winning the league if we over perform, or they under perform.

Lets be honest a par score for this level of squad, over the season would be somewhere around the 85-90 point mark, we are on course to finish around the 90 point mark.  celtic are on course to finish on 103 pts, which would be the 2nd highest points tally since the league went to 38 games in 2000. Even a great Rangers side would struggle to match that, and indeed we have never broken 100 points with far better squads than this.

90 points would be enough to win the league  in 8 out of the last 20 seasons.

It isn't good enough, it isn't where I want Rangers to be..... but it is the harsh reality. We are still suffering badly from the events following Valentines Day 2012.

Whilst I do not think there is much between Rangers best XI and Celtics best XI.

• Superior squad depth
  • Winners mentality

If we lose a few players, it weakens us far more than it weakens them. Their 3rd choice striker for example, cost £4m. Ours was struggling to get a game at a bang average Hibs side. 

People will point to Gerrards transfer spend, but for much the same reason as Everton could match Liverpools transfer spend for 2- 3 seasons, and still nowhere near as good. celtic have an established core of quality, and any spend they make compliments it. Our spend is to the bring the core level up to the required standard. Our one big spend, Kent, isn't on form (and he doesn't improve us from last season, as he was here on loan). We need to be adding 1 or 2 players of quality each window, not loanees and squad filler. 

I don't know if Gerrard is the man to take us forward any more - I feel deep down that he may be nearing the plateau of taking us as far as he can, undoubtedly improving us. 

I think you have summed it up.  We can finish ahead of teams we outspend too, but cannot beat them when it matters.

Gerrard needs to find the answers to our mid season capitulation two years on the trot.

We have, in the main,  a good enough squad of players. But there's been a massive underperformance both individually and collectively since the break. 

Gerrard needs to find the answers or we need to find someone else.

Gerrard inherited an absolute shit show 18 months ago.

It takes time to sort these things out.

Anyone who says we havnt made good progress are just working to their own agenda.

Our squad isn't quite ready for a sustained title challenge, but i believe if we stick together, then next season will bear fruit.

No one can deny that on our day we are an excellent team.

6 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

There are 600 reasons (and 141 for my boy) that i have the right to give my opinion on Gerrard and the club.  My opinion is Gerrard will never be a top manager, much like warburton there is no plan B and he fails to address the same issues week after week. 

His transfer dealings have been nothing short of awful and if he wasnt such a big name he would have been out on his arse long ago. celtic have been allowed to run riot since the winter break and in my opinion were there for the taking this season. In Lennon they have a basket case who could easily lose the plot if pressured, but no. We have a serial loser as our captain, two centre halfs who cant do the basics, 3 right wingers who are so poor Gerrard would rather play aribo/arfield out of position rather than give a game.  This season much like last is a story of missed opportunitys and missed chances. The longer Gerrard stays the futher away our chances of stopping their 10 are. 

Completely agree with every you've written there. 

He hasn't learned from last season, everything he said in pre season he done the opposite of, buying quality instead of quantity? Naw I'll just go out and sign Edmundson/Hastie/Jones/Stewart etc...none of who have improved the team but added to his long list of shit transfers.

What is unforgivable is his lack of a plan B, teams know how we're going to setup every week & know how to counter it. The taigs changed their formation for domestic games (whilst top of the league I might add) & have went on a ridiculous run of form.

Lennon is hardly a tactical genius but you dont need to be to see that you cant play the same way every single week and hope to win titles, his stubborness will be the reason he never wins anything with us.

They have more money, better players, a winning mentality blah blah fucking blah. Currently we will never know what they and their management are like when pressure is applied as we are woefully incapable of applying any kind of sustained pressure due to our own inability to beat the dross of this league who we ourselves can massively outspend,if it came down to the 4 games against them then fair enough but we cant even get into that position to find out.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Lets be honest a par score for this level of squad, over the season would be somewhere around the 85-90 point mark, we are on course to finish around the 90 point mark.  celtic are on course to finish on 103 pts, which would be the 2nd highest points tally since the league went to 38 games in 2000. Even a great Rangers side would struggle to match that, and indeed we have never broken 100 points with far better squads than this.

90 points would be enough to win the league  in 8 out of the last 20 seasons.

It isn't good enough, it isn't where I want Rangers to be..... but it is the harsh reality. We are still suffering badly from the events following Valentines Day 2012.

• Superior squad depth
  • Winners mentality

People will point to Gerrards transfer spend, but for much the same reason as Everton could match Liverpools transfer spend for 2- 3 seasons, and still nowhere near as good. celtic have an established core of quality, and any spend they make compliments it. Our spend is to the bring the core level up to the required standard. Our one big spend, Kent, isn't on form (and he doesn't improve us from last season, as he was here on loan). We need to be adding 1 or 2 players of quality each window, not loanees and squad filler. 

The league cup was massive for us. We need to win something to give these players some belief and the obvious mix of refereeing decisions and completely wrong penalty taker meant we lost a game we dominated. 
Until this squad get success in something we are never moving forward- every game in this league is a worry at the moment because these players don’t have the bottle for it. 
We can match them strongest 11 v strongest 11 but we can’t get near them over a season 

29 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Completely agree with every you've written there. 

He hasn't learned from last season, everything he said in pre season he done the opposite of, buying quality instead of quantity? Naw I'll just go out and sign Edmundson/Hastie/Jones/Stewart etc...none of who have improved the team but added to his long list of shit transfers.

What is unforgivable is his lack of a plan B, teams know how we're going to setup every week & know how to counter it. The taigs changed their formation for domestic games (whilst top of the league I might add) & have went on a ridiculous run of form.

Lennon is hardly a tactical genius but you dont need to be to see that you cant play the same way every single week and hope to win titles, his stubborness will be the reason he never wins anything with us.

Stevie also tried to justify his many signings by making a big play on saying we can now have squad rotation. Well, we're still waiting. Same faces every game barring injury or suspension. Same faces every game no matter how dug shite they are. Well unless it's pet fall guy Katic, who's been treated like dug shite.

New script and mirror needed for Stevie.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Stevie also tried to justify his many signings by making a big play on saying we can now have squad rotation. Well, we're still waiting. Same faces every game barring injury or suspension. Same faces every game no matter how dug shite they are. Well unless it's pet fall guy Katic, who's been treated like dug shite.

New script and mirror needed for Stevie.

If he was rotating more I guarantee you the same people complaining now would be slating him for being a tinkerman and not playing his strongest team.

Absolutely ridiculous opening line from the OP.

Actions not words are what matter. Internet forums are all the fucking same and half the time folk just sound off in the heat of the moment.

If 2012 proved one thing beyond all doubt it's that we have the most incredibly dedicated, loyal and passionate fanbase in world football. 50K fans every other week to watch (arguably) your worst team ever play a random part-time outfit from some wee town in the arse end of nowhere. Yeah, that's fickle mate 🤣

Contrast that to a half empty Man City ground last week when your team is dripping with world class legends but you realise you won't catch Liverpool this season... 

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

How many games is that we have dropped points from a winning position since the break?

I could look myself but at this moment in time I really can't be arsed.

8 points dropped from a winning position - we led at Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone but couldn’t see it out.

Also dropped 2 against Aberdeen but we were never in a winning position in that game. 

Archived