Drawing them in Europe

mitre_mouldmaster

Should we progress along with them this week in Europe, there is a chance we could be drawn to face each other.

How big a game would this be? Would it be the biggest Old Firm game in history, or would it mean little should the winner not go on to actually win the cup?

Personally, I think it would be an incredible encounter and one that would go down in history.

I would probably rather beat them in Europe and knock them out than win the Scottish Cup. Even if we got knocked out in the next round.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Should we progress along with them this week in Europe, there is a chance we could be drawn to face each other.

How big a game would this be? Would it be the biggest Old Firm game in history, or would it mean little should the winner not go on to actually win the cup?

Personally, I think it would be an incredible encounter and one that would go down in history.

I would probably rather beat them in Europe and knock them out than win the Scottish Cup. Even if we got knocked out in the next round.

I would fancy us strongly to beat them over 2 legs without a Clancy or Collum on the whistle and VAR to back up 

If it was a straight choice over beating them in the cup or in Europe ,it has to be the Scottish Cup ,we are needing a trophy and need to stop their clean sweeps ASAP 

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Did you not see the state of us yesterday?

We will do well to keep the score down never mind go through.

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You'd rather knock them out of Europe and win nothing over winning our first piece of silverware in over a decade that could change the mentality of the whole squad and stop what is currently an odds on quadruple treble for them?

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Change your tampon.

Just a question to pass the time. Discussing a wee hypothetical on here is hardly going to interfere with our game against Braga. 

Cant even beat St Johnstone (and the rest) and you want to draw them in Europe. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

You'd rather knock them out of Europe and win nothing over winning our first piece of silverware in over a decade that could change the mentality of the whole squad and stop what is currently an odds on quadruple treble for them?

To be honest, yes, absolutely.

We have won loads of Scottish Cups, we will win loads more.

There has never been a single time where one of us has knocked the other out of Europe.

IMO, it would be bigger than a Cup Final in terms of meaning.

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

Cant even beat St Johnstone (and the rest) and you want to draw them in Europe. 

Boo fucking hoo.

You want us to withdraw from the Scottish Cup to avoid the embarrassment of losing to someone else?

After all you fully expect us to get beat dont you?

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Boo fucking hoo.

You want us to withdraw from the Scottish Cup to avoid the embarrassment of losing to someone else?

After all you fully expect us to get beat dont you?

Who shat on your cornflakes mate. Your threads pish don't take it out on me. 😂

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fucking hell, the self pity on here when we slip up is fucking torture.

Aye we have been shite for a few weeks. The same players were excellent for long periods before that.

League is probably too big an ask now, but fucking ever being scared of playing them.

This isn’t a slip up. We’ve been shite for nearly two months. This is the norm.  

As far drawing them in Europe? That mob will absolutely wipe the floor with us the way both teams are playing. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be honest, yes, absolutely.

We have won loads of Scottish Cups, we will win loads more.

There has never been a single time where one of us has knocked the other out of Europe.

IMO, it would be bigger than a Cup Final in terms of meaning.

I dont understand this at all. You cant put meaning in a trophy cabinet.

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

This isn’t a slip up. We’ve been shite for nearly two months. This is the norm.  

As far drawing them in Europe? That mob will absolutely wipe the floor with us the way both teams are playing. 

Would apparently be bigger than winning a domestic cup if we beat them in europe mate 😂

28 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I would fancy us strongly to beat them over 2 legs without a Clancy or Collum on the whistle and VAR to back up 

If it was a straight choice over beating them in the cup or in Europe ,it has to be the Scottish Cup ,we are needing a trophy and need to stop their clean sweeps ASAP 

On our recent form and there recent form how would you fancy us strongly?  Mental

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

Would apparently be bigger than winning a domestic cup if we beat them in europe mate 😂

There is a way beating them in Europe would be better than winning a cup ,

Beat them in Europe gives us at least 2 great days/nights whilst winning a cup is only 1 great day/night 

But that’s the only thing ,Winning a cup is huge for us right now ,even getting to the Europa final wouldn’t be as important as this squad getting a cup 

Archived