Happy Birthday Davie Cooper

BLUEDIGNITY

7 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Leighton: I got a touch on it. Davie Cooper: Aye on the way back oot !💙

072BAB80-7FD0-4171-99DB-7C889A73C5C3.thumb.jpeg.e926bed148e3e9da23a27b25d9a4dd2b.jpeg

:lol: Even look where Leighton positions himself, perfect.  The bold Coop.  Aye here's yer dinner mate.  The slow motion couldn't even pick it up.

7 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

6CFFCA2E-FCD0-4BCA-B245-C720B9390B96.thumb.jpeg.57982c4868862e686db7749dd25cdeb8.jpeg

9a9a2e30a04da58e167330127d494192.jpg

giphy-2019-11-28-T162257-122.gif

Can still remember the first few games Davie played at Ibrox. Against us.

As a  teenager  I was allowed to travel to Ibrox games with the mates, but not often allowed to go to away games (Money was a big consideration then too)

Living in Knightswood was easy to jump on the train from Garscadden to Clydebank (Singer) and watch Clydebank playing, so had seen Davie playing quite a few times at Kilbowie. It was their big promotion season, and Cooper scored frequently.

Clydebank were drawn against Rangers in the quarter-final of the League Cup in 1976. It took two replays for Rangers to overcome Clydebank and in the first game, a 3-3 draw at Ibrox, Cooper turned it on to score the match-saving equaliser. I remember him firing in cross after cross from the left wing and corners under the Wednesday night floodlights, especially at the Copland Road end. Was a decent kit they had too, shortly after that he signed for us, and the rest as they say is history.

img582188609.JPG

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Can still remember the first few games Davie played at Ibrox. Against us.

As a  teenager  I was allowed to travel to Ibrox games with the mates, but not often allowed to go to away games (Money was a big consideration then too)

Living in Knightswood was easy to jump on the train from Garscadden to Clydebank (Singer) and watch Clydebank playing, so had seen Davie playing quite a few times at Kilbowie. It was their big promotion season, and Cooper scored frequently.

Clydebank were drawn against Rangers in the quarter-final of the League Cup in 1976. It took two replays for Rangers to overcome Clydebank and in the first game, a 3-3 draw at Ibrox, Cooper turned it on to score the match-saving equaliser. I remember him firing in cross after cross from the left wing and corners under the Wednesday night floodlights, especially at the Copland Road end. Was a decent kit they had too, shortly after that he signed for us, and the rest as they say is history.

img582188609.JPG

Nice one mate 

Archived