We’ve got a league to win

AlCapone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I we beat them twice and win our game in hand would only need them to have 2 draws. I know it is still a long shot, but more feasible than them losing twice. 

This also assumes we'll win all of our remaining 11 games.

Win all our remaining games by as many goals and as convincing as possible and even then we are reliant on the scum slipping up at least twice unless we start banging in 5 goals a game.

In all likelihood the league is done but IF they do slip up we have to do ourselves justice by being in a position to capitalise.

Scottish cup has to be the main target. Last game of the season, first major trophy since 2011 and a feel good factor for over the summer and they’ll overspend in panic mode.

32 minutes ago, ZZed said:

who are the tims playing that realisically will take point off them. And, they will have Clancy or 1 of his bumboys as the 12th man on the pitch for them.

Us at Ibrox and their shitehole, Livi away, Hibs away.

They haven't won this season or last season away to Livi, and they haven't won at easter road in 5 league games now either.

Also a slim chance if everything went our way they'd be forced to go back again to both Livi and Hibs away after the split. Remains to be seen what that clusterfuck will actually end up be though.

I like your optimism but the league is fucked.

Would need a miracle to win. Need to win every game and have them drop points. Our players only seem to be interested in showing any effort in Europe and the bheasts have help from officials. Now they've bottled Europa they can now focus on the league more. 

Maybe next season.

6 hours ago, BookWorm said:

Not happening,  especially with them going out of Europe.

Agreed. When they do drop points it tends to be after European games. Now that they have had their asses kicked out of Europe  they can focus on the league.

Their players will be fresher and they will have less injuries too. I won't give up hope until it's mathematically impossible but we have thrown the title away.

The annoying thing is that we are a better team than the filth on the day but we are inconsistent against the diddy teams. We will have to invest our European  prize money wisely and get some key quality players in and bring in consistent players who have a proven track record in winning silverware. 

6 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Win all our remaining games by as many goals and as convincing as possible and even then we are reliant on the scum slipping up at least twice unless we start banging in 5 goals a game.

In all likelihood the league is done but IF they do slip up we have to do ourselves justice by being in a position to capitalise.

Scottish cup has to be the main target. Last game of the season, first major trophy since 2011 and a feel good factor for over the summer and they’ll overspend in panic mode.

Scottish Cup final is NOT the last game of the season 

Win every single game and the deficit is only 3 points, they only need to lose one not including the two games where we hammer them. 
I’m afraid none of that’s going to happen though, not because they are too good but because the referees won’t allow it. 

It's a lovely concept...especially after watching last night unravel. If I thought for one moment this would knock their confidence to oblivion I would be on board...however, we are still in the last 16 (feels great to say that) and now they will have an even bigger point to prove, plus the SFA, dodgy refs etc behind them to help reach their goal. 

Would love for them to fail, but realistically that's not looking to happen. It would be the most amazing turnaround ever if everyone turned their back on the taigs though. 

What pisses me off is that both cluj & Copenhagen have went to the piggery and won scoring 7 goals between them....now I know that those 2 are not the worst of sides but they are by no means the greatest of sides either. 

My point is that the rest of the league whilst (majority our own downfall) have a bigger inferiority complex against them compared to us...until the rest realise that they really aren't all they think they are we will fall on our own sword as we can't rely on the rest for any help.

9 hours ago, TMB said:

celtic are 28 games in to the league season and they've lost twice and drew once.  They've dropped 8 points all season.  We would need them to drop more points in the last 10 games than they have during the previous 28 games.  This, while we go on to win every game we play.

They would need to completely collapse.  Maybe getting beat tonight will take a toll on them psychologically but only time will tell.  

Aye but Jock Wallace....

The refs will make sure the fiddlers have the league in the bag. 

We need Var in this county asap.  The mhanks bleat scream and even write bloody books claiming the refs are against them when quite clearly they dont actually believe it, just smoke and mirrors hence why they dont want Var. 

11 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

An injury to edouard and griffiths to relapse, we’ll win our game in hand and hopefully 2 old firm games and hopefully they’ll lose a game against a wee shite team like livi or hibs

its nice to dream 

That isn't beyond the realms of possibility. They're fucking shite, Livi always give them a game and we're more than capable of beating them twice.

11 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I’m saying, don’t try. 
It’s not even the fact we need to win 10 games in a row, it’s the fact we need the tarriers to pretty much lose half of their remaining games.

It's a good thing they've got 3 away game in a row to the only teams in the league that have took points off them then and we've got a game in hand. 

The attitude by some on here baffle me. The games are coming thick and fast and there's no hiding from them, might as well win them and hope for the best. 

Archived