Captain

AdzKyle

4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Yes let's make Jack our captain because he has been outstanding lately, or maybe Goldson or Edmondson or maybe Ojo, we have many problems, captain selection is way down the list 

Absolute nonsense!! A captain can change how the game is going by influencing those around him. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’ve not much hope for him to be honest. Tav in my opinion has now seen three Rangers managers leave.

Most of us knew Tav's appointment as a captain on Day1 was a mistake, it won't be changed now. 

More worryingly, not one of them shows the balls to play at us bar McGregor. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Stuck up for him on here but no more.

First up tunnel at end and only Edmundson came over to face fans.

Unforgivable from the captain and the his team.

I would actually say other, if they came across clapping it would of been a fucking insult.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

How old are you 12? Throughout the history of the game, having strong leadership on the field matters. Barry Ferguson would have went down kicking and screaming, so would have Gerrard, so would have Grieg, so would have Gough. Our captain just lowers his head.

I’m 13 actually  and I can spell Greig and you can’t 

so ok let’s rely on one single player to pull us out a hole. Let’s have 10 men looking at Tav asking him to motivate them. 
let’s have Tav run over to Borna and gee him up. 

it’s a stupid fucking excuse that we don’t have a strong captain 

have a look at the players around Gough and Greig and you will see why they didn’t need to be a  “great captain “

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Most of us knew Tav's appointment as a captain on Day1 was a mistake, it won't be changed now. 

More worryingly, not one of them shows the balls to play at us bar McGregor. 

His unwillingness to rectify that mistake should cost him his job. Leverkusen might give him another season if he shows that he will remove the duds that doesn’t want to play for us against Scottish teams and the players that’s left gives them a decent game.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

His unwillingness to rectify that mistake should cost him his job. Leverkusen might give him another season if he shows that he will remove the duds that doesn’t want to play for us against Scottish teams and the players that’s left gives them a decent game.

Tav being captain won't be what costs him his job, the utter inability to work out how to play against dross in our league, perseverance of 4-3-3, constant selection of his "pals" and standing with his hands in his pockets not knowing what to do will cost him.  It's Warbuton-esque now. 

Let's not kid ourselves, Leverkusen are on another level from what we have faced and if we play how we have, we will be torn apart and embarrassed.  Today's result is embarrassing enough, the mhanks took 5 off this shite 2 weeks ago.  It's simply unacceptable. 

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You’ve obviously never played football at a decent level 

I have. 
and I certainly didn’t look towards my captain to motivate me when we had to dig in. 

each player should take responsibility for this themselves 

The team is full of shitebags. Second to the ball and not willing to go where it hurts.

Our most effective ball winner is Ryan Jack, don't get me wrong I think he's one of the few decent players we have but he hardly puts the fear of God into opposition players.

All our best teams of the past had a mixture of silk and steel. We have silk and imitation silk but fuck all steel.

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have. 
and I certainly didn’t look towards my captain to motivate me when we had to dig in. 

each player should take responsibility for this themselves 

You’ve not then. 

I was shit feart from our captain, and I was one of the nutters in the team. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m 13 actually  and I can spell Greig and you can’t 

so ok let’s rely on one single player to pull us out a hole. Let’s have 10 men looking at Tav asking him to motivate them. 
let’s have Tav run over to Borna and gee him up. 

it’s a stupid fucking excuse that we don’t have a strong captain 

have a look at the players around Gough and Greig and you will see why they didn’t need to be a  “great captain “

I could name you 100 captains  throughout the years in the world where they made a difference. A captain matters.

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

Changing the armband makes fuck all difference.  

It worked when it was took off Amorusso. 

But we had other players that could step up back then. I couldn't trust any of our players in this team to be able to be a proper captain.  The team is full of a bunch of over paid shite bags!!

Big fan of the guy as a player, just maybe not as a winner. There's a part of me that wants to point to the fact that he had his fuckin appendix out less than a month ago.

But, I'd probably still look to move him on in the summer. Feels like he's achieved all he can. Maybe I'll think differently in a few days.

Archived