Captain

AdzKyle

When I think of tav I just picture him trying a cross (again) and it hitting off the defender to go out for a throw in (again). 

im sure the chances of scoring from a high cross ball are under 10%, can he not see he needs to maybe try changing to a low pass back to a midfield player to drive forward?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should do the right thing and give up the captaincy , he is never a leader, Gough, Butcher, Ferguson were leaders because if you weren't doing it they would let you know, Tav couldn't say fuck all as his own game is fuckin woeful.

11 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

He should do the right thing and give up the captaincy , he is never a leader, Gough, Butcher, Ferguson were leaders because if you weren't doing it they would let you know, Tav couldn't say fuck all as his own game is fuckin woeful.

Might help him to give it up. Totally agree with most people in that a captain change won’t make much of a difference to the utter shite performances from the team but Tavernier is just not up to it. 
Take it off him might improve him 

12 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Might help him to give it up. Totally agree with most people in that a captain change won’t make much of a difference to the utter shite performances from the team but Tavernier is just not up to it. 
Take it off him might improve him 

I totally agree with taking the captaincy off Tav.

The issue for me is there isn't a clear and obvious choice for a replacement in the current squad. 

I honestly think come summer we might be better looking to bring a new captain in. Someone with experience who can provide some much needed leadership on the pitch. 

If Tav was the bigger man, he would admit he is not the man for the job and volunterally hand it back.

Better no man than the wrong man, as we now see, you become a joke figure and a scapegoat and respect is lost.

Give it to McGregor for the time being who is the type, until we get a better suited outfield player. No harm done.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I totally agree with taking the captaincy off Tav.

The issue for me is there isn't a clear and obvious choice for a replacement in the current squad. 

I honestly think come summer we might be better looking to bring a new captain in. Someone with experience who can provide some much needed leadership on the pitch. 

There’s not much to pick from. I do think though there could be a decent enough player in there - the captaincy is just not for him though

18 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

When I think of tav I just picture him trying a cross (again) and it hitting off the defender to go out for a throw in (again). 

im sure the chances of scoring from a high cross ball are under 10%, can he not see he needs to maybe try changing to a low pass back to a midfield player to drive forward?

Tbf to him against Braga away he tried to give it to the midfielder to drive with it, Jack passed him into a corner at least 2 times in that game, as much as I hate seeing him cross the ball if his midfielders refuse to take a risk and give him the ball instantly back then he is on a hiding to nothing.

3 hours ago, docspiderman said:

If any Rangers player needs a "captain " to motivate him then he should not be a Rangers player.

True, but sometimes the captain can coax an extra ten percent out of you that you didnt know you had, due to them going that extra mile

When teams scores against us, look at tav, he's one of the most downbeat people there, others must look at him and think "fuck sake here we go again" 

5 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I think the captain is a big weakness although I doubt if even Greigy or Gough could turn this lot into winners 

No but they'd be the first to gerrard trying to get changes

In one of the 9iar season reviews gough talks about how they are a tight knit outfit, they all work for each other, work for the team etc, any "bad apples" as he called them are quickly shown the door, and you can bet your life that gough went to walter more than once about something that wasnt right in the squad 

Tav is a pussy who wouldnt even install fear in the development squad

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No but they'd be the first to gerrard trying to get changes

In one of the 9iar season reviews gough talks about how they are a tight knit outfit, they all work for each other, work for the team etc, any "bad apples" as he called them are quickly shown the door, and you can bet your life that gough went to walter more than once about something that wasnt right in the squad 

Tav is a pussy who wouldnt even install fear in the development squad

Gerrard has spoken to Walter hasn't he? You really do wonder what Wattie has said to him obviously hard for him to come out and criticise but he must have been alarmed at the lack of will to win in the present team 

I see he was in the papers today promising the players would have a look at themselves. How many times are we going to be subjected to his condescending bilge after he was wheeled out under Warburton, Murty, Pedro, Murty again and now several times under Gerrard. 

Archived