Ryan kent

GOAT

Sure he’s been poor but he’s being played out of position and at least never hides.

Tav has been shit for a year and how Barisic has escaped criticism recently I’ll never know.  Despite a revival for a couple of months he sums up the lack of mental strength and shitbaggery that runs right through that team.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We paid way too much and he's just not as good as we're desperate for him to be. He's also better than any other attacking option we have (faint praise), relying on poor players for service and spending too much time wandering backwards to pick up the ball to feet.

More symptom than cause.

Just now, McKissock said:

The midfield is the worst part for me. It looked sharp, dynamic and confident for 6 months and it has been replaced by turgid, tepid and timid shite.

Kent's been largely phoning it in since the scum game, but he's symptomatic of a wider problem.

Jack holds the midfield together, and as he has went off the boil and struggled with injury there is no one to step up Davis is past it Kamara isn’t ready if he ever will be and Aribo isn’t a midfielder. We got rid of the rest either sold or out on loan, no can say Polster and Docherty in that midfield wouldn’t at least give us more fight and athleticism. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Jack holds the midfield together, and as he has went off the boil and struggled with injury there is no one to step up Davis is past it Kamara isn’t ready if he ever will be and Aribo isn’t a midfielder. We got rid of the rest either sold or out on loan, no can say Polster and Docherty in that midfield wouldn’t at least give us more fight and athleticism. 

Yep, Jack has been off it since scoring against Aberdeen IMO. 

It's fair to say Docherty would have deserved an opportunity at this point simply because those in front of him are hopelessly out of form. I don't necessarily think he's the answer either, his passing is ropey and I'm not convinced the management think he can carry out instructions but he wouldn't have been any worse than those involved and as you say, fight and athleticism is sorely lacking.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent, Aribo and Ojo’s performances would have made Nicky Law blush.

Said it after shite result - we wont win any leagues with them in team.

Add in Arfield, Davis and the rest of the fucking muck midfielders and strikers we have.

And defenders.....and fuck it, the goalie too. 

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He has some brilliant moments, but how many actual great games has Kent had?

Like performed for 70+ minutes to a high standard?

72 appearances and I'm struggling to remember many games where I thought he was excellent. 

Said all summer he was worth 4m max and too inconsistent. Producing it once every 7 games is nowhere near good enough.

Does he offer our team over a season more than what Candeias did?

Candeias pisses all over kent when it comes to work rate and assists

3 hours ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Sure he’s been poor but he’s being played out of position and at least never hides.

Tav has been shit for a year and how Barisic has escaped criticism recently I’ll never know.  Despite a revival for a couple of months he sums up the lack of mental strength and shitbaggery that runs right through that team.

What IS his position?

Seems to float around all over the place.

I’m sure part of our problems stem from no bugger being able to find him on a regular basis.

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Not excusing him, he's been poor, but not once did barasic overlap and help him out

Folk were raving about BB after a few (admittedly) decent weeks.

The old ‘class is permanent’ chestnut.

Over the piece, we’ve seen far more indifferent than good performances from him.

Doesn’t appear to have any great relationship with Kent at all (if we assume Kent is supposed to be the left sided winger / attacker).

Archived