There's no recovering from this

RangersMedia

We could be a decent team if we could take our chances, 4 fucking nil we could/should have been beating braga and we got lucky one goal was enough, it’s killing us!

Alfie on his game is unplayable but he can’t do it hiself or stay out of trouble long enough through the course of the season.

Defoe looked an able deputy but he’s finished! Don’t care how fit he is, as bad as a man down when we’ve needed him to bail us out

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, docspiderman said:

I agree that tactics should be able to be changed game to game and within games but we need strong mentality from our players. In a game that was always going to be a battle I would never have Davis in central midfield for a start nor Aribo to start and certainly not even think about Ojo joining the fray. I would want battlers and I would have given Alfredo the incentive to show how he could make up for his indiscretion.

Mentality comes from your manager as well, imagine how bad your morale goes if your manager in work makes you do the wrong thing every single time no matter what

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Exactly the same type of remarks i got when i suggested we get him before Gerrard.

Gerrards worked out well eh ?

His contract runs till the end of the season and i would have him in a heartbeat over Gerrard.

That's your opinion.

He's not got a track record to indicate he'd be a definite improvement on Gerrard though, has he?

We're talking about someone here who's had relative success here and there but been sacked by every club other than Hull who allowed him to go back to Leicester - I didn't need wiki for that bit, know someone who was on his staff at Leicester, Hull then again at Leicester and so was given his tickets a few times to watch Hull in 2010/11 as I was only an hour away.

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So his original tactics didnt work, the same fucking system he used today and the same system he uses in europe

Every man, woman and fucking dug can see his 433 is nullified now in scotland, its a shambles, 2 number tens and one striker in this backwater country is a joke

No tactics will change the way these players are. A high ball over the back 2 n we are all over the place! McGregors decision making to come over his line is terrible!! Team crant win a header or a 50/50!

Ryan Kent's interview on wednesday night summed the players up, said they cant handle the pressure of Scotland basically!

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I do not see how Rangers Football Club ever recovers from 2012.

Looks like it’s going to take a lot longer than expected if ever. We are so far behind them both on and off the pitch and they have a free hit at every trophy going. 
The end of last year looked like we might be getting somewhere but we are almost back to square one again 

4 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Both mate. Hamilton and Ross County next. I expect some major changes to the squad 

More hope than confidence about that here, but SG would get major respect if he showed that there have to be consequences for being that gutless and pathetic.

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

100%. Not convinced McCrorie is the answer but a ‘destroyer’ type player is needed and has been since we came back up. We rarely lose games when McCrorie played - an upgrade on him has to be a priority in the summer. I don’t care if they maybe aren’t the greatest passer or playmaker in the world but you need those legs & aggression 

Spot on

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

We could be a decent team if we could take our chances, 4 fucking nil we could/should have been beating braga and we got lucky one goal was enough, it’s killing us!

Alfie on his game is unplayable but he can’t do it hiself or stay out of trouble long enough through the course of the season.

Defoe looked an able deputy but he’s finished! Don’t care how fit he is, as bad as a man down when we’ve needed him to bail us out

Alfredo hasn’t been unplayable for quite a long time tbf mated 

Like previous 2 seasons 

His record is appalling against 3 of our hated rivals .Would we forgive that of DJ ,coisty ,Hately etc etc 

I would absolutely sell him .We just can’t rely on him. Same as Tav .There will the guys who worship him .Many just back him as they don’t want to bow down to the taigs and haters who have made his time here a nightmare .Yet for me ,that’s not enough to keep him 
We spend wisely and I think we would benefit of a completely new set up 

36 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Playing Aribo at right wing was a nonsense, as was  not starting Hagi. Then bringing on Ojo instead of Hagi was beyond fucking ridiculous.

Still can’t get my head round Ojo coming on and hagi sitting on the bench. Absolutely inexcusable decision 

34 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

To be fair mate .Any team would say that about their own team and club 

We aren’t a match for anyone domestically 

His record is a disgrace 

We are trying to catch up with a team that are financially better off than us at this present time . Not only that , but they have the bonus of spending greatly in key areas that need improvement while , for years , we've had to spread what little we have on wholesale changes any time we've had a new manager . So there is a gap there . 

Dont get me wrong , I'm as disappointed as the next man . Like the Grand Old Dduke of York , we've marched all the way to the top of the hill only to march back down again . But at the same time weve seen improvements . We've punched above our weight in Europe for two years now , we're competing with the tarriers head to head , we should even have won a trophy a few weeks back , things that many wouldn't have thought possible 18 months or so ago under previous managers . 

Of course Gerrard has to take some responsibility . We've been back six weeks and , outside of Europe , I don't think there's been one acceptable performance , but for now I'm sticking by him . The improvement we've made under him has earned him a bit more time for me . 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Alfredo hasn’t been unplayable for quite a long time tbf mated 

Like previous 2 seasons 

His record is appalling against 3 of our hated rivals .Would we forgive that of DJ ,coisty ,Hately etc etc 

I would absolutely sell him .We just can’t rely on him. Same as Tav .There will the guys who worship him .Many just back him as they don’t want to bow down to the taigs and haters who have made his time here a nightmare .Yet for me ,that’s not enough to keep him 
We spend wisely and I think we would benefit of a completely new set up 

He was by far our best player in the first half of the season but mate, I’d sell if we get 20m or I’d keep him an make him stay no matter how many windows pass where he’s angling for a move

as for Tav we’ve had our debates on here, last year I’d have backed him to the hilt against anybody he was that good imo but this year he deserves the criticism he was getting last year off his critics, he hardly kicked a ball this year even when we were good, time for him to go aswell even though we will most likely replace him with a player with less ability

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When Ojo came on he did what Aribo did when ball played up. Jump but pull your head down.

A pair of absolute shysters.

Guys got literally no heart. Was put through on goal at one point but see the defender coming across and fucking just stopped. No excuses for ever pulling out of a challenge, especially when you’ve got an opportunity to score ffs. Cunt will never make the grade at a decent level 

5 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

He was by far our best player in the first half of the season but mate, I’d sell if we get 20m or I’d keep him an make him stay no matter how many windows pass where he’s angling for a move

as for Tav we’ve had our debates on here, last year I’d have backed him to the hilt against anybody he was that good imo but this year he deserves the criticism he was getting last year off his critics, he hardly kicked a ball this year even when we were good, time for him to go aswell even though we will most likely replace him with a player with less ability

Good reply mate .Not so sure about final part tbh .Think it will be hard to replace the Tav of 2/3 years ago fitness .Not seen that for a while either .Ability wise I would take our chances with new player .And get in a potential captain type figure if that’s possible 

11 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Good reply mate .Not so sure about final part tbh .Think it will be hard to replace the Tav of 2/3 years ago fitness .Not seen that for a while either .Ability wise I would take our chances with new player .And get in a potential captain type figure if that’s possible 

It will be a nobody we bring in mate and it’s just 2 cheeks of the same arse, unless we get very lucky imo

If I thought we would replace tav with a better player then I’d be happy to see the back of him, it could be worse we could have flanagan playing there or even worse again, somebody who’s not even as good as flanagan, you see where I’m going with that, it’s very possible the tarriers have been struggling for full backs and they have money apparently 

for 5 months we were full of optimism we had a chance in this league, even more than last year, but the disappointment of this bullshit 2 years in a row, it’s too hard to take. And we are stuck with the worst players in this team who nobody else will want, brilliant can’t wait to do this again next year!

it’s worse for you than me mate, I don’t need to see or hear 1 tarrier where I live, I stay offline and I escape it, I’d be depressed to fuck if I was still back hame

One of the hardest things to take is that the tarriers are no better than an average team. They have 2 very good players in Edouard and McGregor and a good captain in Brown. Apart from that they are shite and when we’ve played them we have looked a much better team than them. Unfortunately, the fucking imposters in our team can only seem to raise their game for what they consider to be the big matches. They fucking implode when they have to get their hands dirty against the Hearts, Killie, and St Johnstone of the league. That’s a team that is never going to win fuck all. To be outfought by these teams is absolutely criminal and inexcusable. Every week since the winter break I’ve kidded myself on that we would turn the corner and start playing again . I’ve now realised that this bunch of shysters don’t give a fuck and will be home now enjoying a drink whilst we’re all fucking gutted. Bastards  aren’t fit to wear the jersey. 

3 hours ago, Trialist said:

That is a definite possibility.

Blame. SDM for this. He placed the club in a position of vulnerability and the truth is we have never recovered.

All roads lead back to SDM - fact is he crippled us.

Having said that over the past 3 seasons they have been there for the taking and we have failed at every turn.

Need to make big chances.

I don’t want to define insanity but some posters here would keep doing the same over and over again because the gaffers name.

2 minutes ago, josmc said:

One of the hardest things to take is that the tarriers are no better than an average team. They have 2 very good players in Edouard and McGregor and a good captain in Brown. Apart from that they are shite and when we’ve played them we have looked a much better team than them. Unfortunately, the fucking imposters in our team can only seem to raise their game for what they consider to be the big matches. They fucking implode when they have to get their hands dirty against the Hearts, Killie, and St Johnstone of the league. That’s a team that is never going to win fuck all. To be outfought by these teams is absolutely criminal and inexcusable. Every week since the winter break I’ve kidded myself on that we would turn the corner and start playing again . I’ve now realised that this bunch of shysters don’t give a fuck and will be home now enjoying a drink whilst we’re all fucking gutted. Bastards  aren’t fit to wear the jersey. 

Spot on. Their keeper is also good.

but to a man the rest of them are pish.

youd think we’d be close after signing 35 fucking players. In reality we have moved backwards. They have. This version of the terriers is worse than last season and worse than the season before that.

our European run as good as it has been is no consolation for no trophy’s.

We have just got home after battling through wind, snow and rain.    There will be others who have made a long trek, some may still be on their way back.    Plenty of time to reflect on what was the most inept performance of the season.

We just got worked over by a glorified pub team after dumping a decent Portuguese team out of Europe.

We managed to string three passes together on a couple of occasions.

We lacked any desire to fight and get stuck on.

Take 11 lads in their 20s from the traveling support and they couldn’t have done worse.     Lose they probably would but they would have gone down fighting, not with a whimper.

42 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

All roads lead back to SDM - fact is he crippled us.

Having said that over the past 3 seasons they have been there for the taking and we have failed at every turn.

Need to make big chances.

I don’t want to define insanity but some posters here would keep doing the same over and over again because the gaffers name.

SDM lead to 2012 and after that we had a blank canvas which we could have come out stronger off but we had a bunch of shysters in control and they fucked it up.

Current board whilst backing Gerrard massively have fucked up a lot of other things the main thing being the pointless fight with Ashley which will cost us next year when we need to sell to buy

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

SDM lead to 2012 and after that we had a blank canvas which we could have come out stronger off but we had a bunch of shysters in control and they fucked it up.

Current board whilst backing Gerrard massively have fucked up a lot of other things the main thing being the pointless fight with Ashley which will cost us next year when we need to sell to buy

Aye. My point exactly.

SDM was the catalyst. The route of all misfortune goes back to his handling of the club.

Shysters and vultures will do what they do. None of those cunts could have got near a financially healthy Rangers. 

The last three seasons however has seen managers get backed. 

The current abject failure rests with the manager. That’s how football works.

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

It will be a nobody we bring in mate and it’s just 2 cheeks of the same arse, unless we get very lucky imo

If I thought we would replace tav with a better player then I’d be happy to see the back of him, it could be worse we could have flanagan playing there or even worse again, somebody who’s not even as good as flanagan, you see where I’m going with that, it’s very possible the tarriers have been struggling for full backs and they have money apparently 

for 5 months we were full of optimism we had a chance in this league, even more than last year, but the disappointment of this bullshit 2 years in a row, it’s too hard to take an we are stuck with the worst players in this team who nobody else will want, brilliant can’t wait to do this again next year!

it’s worse for you than me mate, I don’t need to see or hear 1 tarrier where I live, I stay offline and I escape it, I’d be depressed to fuck if I was still back hame

The reason flanagan looks shite is because gerrards system requires his fullbacks to get up the park and throw in dangerous crosses

I guarantee is we had a right mid or right winger, someone flanagan just supports, and tell flanagan to simply defend, he'd be fucking brilliant in scotland 

However people think of Scotland as this new age footballing wonder country where fullbacks need to be skinning people, number tens need to be tracking back, and your best midfielders need to fill in at fucking right back

We are a backwater footballing nation, time we setup a team based on that

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not in the eyes of the board, we've made minimum of 11m from this run. That's why the board will back Gerrard for next season.

That £11m will pale in comparison to lost revenue should the tarriers make ten.

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

Hard to disagree with that . 

On our day we're a match for anyone , but once getting ourselves into poll position we just seem to collapse . Frustrating , because I'd love to see tlb handle pressure if we could have just sustained top spot for a few weeks . 

How we laughed when they appointed him last summer, we thought he would crumble with the pressure. What pressure?

Archived