Gerrards a Shitebag - post match reaction

scottyc06

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought that was a fair assessment. 

Those quoting the "team full of leaders" part need to listen closer. He's not wrong, some players look absolutely colossal in games where people doubt us against bigger teams. They stand up in big moments - they appear to be leaders - Goldson is one I'd look at as a typical example of that. The reality is that they aren't. They get done by schoolboy stuff against Kilmarnock and Hearts. Charlatans. 

Europe suits this side because of the underdog element, but also because since Dubai, they have been incapable of coping with a scrap when it really matters. We rarely end up in a scrap in Europe. 

For all the last two months have been a complete let down. If he was to walk away before the split I think he would be finished in management. 

He should be looking forward and learning from defeat. Use the rest of the season to try a different formations maybe go two up top or three at the back. Give some other players a chance to see if they can contribute if not then why did you sign them .

But for fuck sake learn, learn from the mistakes and make the players you signed better, this what it's all about.

Or walk away and maybe you will get another chance in league 1 down South. Or sit in studio on Saturday / Sunday pointing out the mistakes other managers are making.

9 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Can't fault  his decision to avoid the dressing room after the game. After watching a real weak insipid performance I am not sure what would be gained by going through them other than perhaps making yourself feel better. Anyway he is as much to blame as anyone he picks the team the tactics and makes changes within the game. When I saw Ojo coming on for Arfield you know it's not going to end well.

I'm hearing all sorts of rumours about players feeling he throwing them under a bus.....what chance you got when players feel exempt from criticism.....the manager rightly deserves criticism also but fuck me players need to man up....the game has went soft

Question is whether Steven Gerrard can cross the mentality bridge from great performer to hard bastard winner?

Win, win, win - at all costs and fuck everyone that gets in your way to winning, loyal only to those that help you win and ruthless with those who don’t. 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm hearing all sorts of rumours about players feeling he throwing them under a bus.....what chance you got when players feel exempt from criticism.....the manager rightly deserves criticism also but fuck me players need to man up....the game has went soft

Players need to be held accountable but if they do feel like he throws them under a bus too often then chances are they'll rarely dig in when it matters. Whole thing is a shambles.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

He won't be gone by  next August. 

Be stunned if that's the case. Only thing I think might keep him here is the Leverkusen game because it's going to be a long time (if ever) before he manages another side in the last 16 of a European competition.

He's walking before any more damage comes to the Gerrard brand

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Thing is though, if he’s shying away from going through them in the dressing room but then slating them in the media no wonder they’re not fighting for him! A decent manager would be in there giving them hell then backing them publicly where possible! 

7 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Thought that was a fair assessment. 

Those quoting the "team full of leaders" part need to listen closer. He's not wrong, some players look absolutely colossal in games where people doubt us against bigger teams. They stand up in big moments - they appear to be leaders - Goldson is one I'd look at as a typical example of that. The reality is that they aren't. They get done by schoolboy stuff against Kilmarnock and Hearts. Charlatans. 

Europe suits this side because of the underdog element, but also because since Dubai, they have been incapable of coping with a scrap when it really matters. 

You do realise that you have just contradicted yourself in that post don't you?

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I think he’s going to chuck it. 

Looking that way. I want him to succeed but it's becoming more and more apparent that the job is too big for him at this stage of his career. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I do believe Gerrard would have benefited more with an experienced head beside him.

You only have to turn back the clock when Souness was manager and the influence he said Walter had in his early management.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Don’t see Gerrard quitting ffs, he was never a quitter on the park and don’t expect him to be now.

Is it quitting tho? Maybe he just doesn't fancy it or he doesn't think he is capable, he is a very honest guy and isnt going to sit there and wait to get sacked n get a pay off!

I think if he goes celtic have at least 11titles, guaranteed, no manager is going to change these players.

17 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Going by that interview he is 100% off sooner rather than later.

I think he has told Gary Mac and the rest he is done. 

That's how I saw it too.

He had 2 options, go into the dressing room and rip them to fuck or have a meeting with his staff to discuss his and their future. 

He chose the latter.

Archived