Gerrards a Shitebag - post match reaction

scottyc06

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

He’s already given them a rollicking. It didn’t work. Time for a different approach. Let the players look at themselves for a change.

I like this. This could change everything 

This could change everything? He’s done this a few times & it’s changed absolutely fuck all! 

The players are getting off lightly here. Absolute fucking shitebags and has nothing to do with Gerrard. Yes he picked most of them but they have shown what they can produce and now are too worried about their Gucci fanny packs, hair gel and Lamborghinis to give a fuck about turning up for the Rangers. Fuck them all. 

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Thing is though, if he’s shying away from going through them in the dressing room but then slating them in the media no wonder they’re not fighting for him! A decent manager would be in there giving them hell then backing them publicly where possible! 

What would slating them behind closed doors achieve tonight.....Gerrard is honest enough to admit his own mistakes on camera.....  is he throwing himself under a bus also 

1 minute ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Going by the interview he has already quit. he has looked defeated for a long time

He's gutted and rightfully so. 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Possibly mainstream media talking shite again but seen it posted on Twitter 

Screenshot_20200229-205204_Twitter.jpg

At no point did Steven Gerrard say those words in this post-match interview.

Gerrard Macallister Beale should all be in that dressing room rag dolling  every one of these lazy bastards and if they’re not up for the fight fuck them right out the door after rattling their fucking heads of the wall and get players within that squad want to fight for the badge on their shirts. 

4 minutes ago, bornabear said:

That's how I saw it too.

He had 2 options, go into the dressing room and rip them to fuck or have a meeting with his staff to discuss his and their future. 

He chose the latter.

100% 

Or he could be playing the stay away from the team card and let them hurt knowing they upset him and his staff. 

But saying that you could knock Goldsons granny down with a pram and he would still show no expression on his face.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

You do realise that you have just contradicted yourself in that post don't you?

Haha. Yeah, getting worked up and just not really explained my point properly.

I think Gerrard is right and fair, in that in the big European games they're comfortable taking some responsibility when they're under the cosh, when nobody gives them a chance, but an actual physical scrap - where they might get hurt and the so called leaders just disappear. There's pressure in Europe, yes, but the reality is if we'd been fucked out our group this year we wouldn't have had too many complaints because success is relative to the club making money, it's not really tangible to the players. 

It seemed to me what Gerrard is calling out is that in the games against Hearts away, Aberdeen away, Kilmarnock away and St Johnstone away - when we really need to take responsibility for some tangible success - they hide. There are no leaders. 

7 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I wonder who he thinks the leaders are?

I can't see any. Even McGregor doesn't look like winner he used to be.

It's like a scripted mantra now. He watches that like the rest of us, sees players who can't even take the personal responsiblity to challenge Steven Naismith for headers, but somehow they're all captains.

1 minute ago, Hilly86 said:

It's like a scripted mantra now. He watches that like the rest of us, sees players who can't even take the personal responsiblity to challenge Steven Naismith for headers, but somehow they're all captains.

Tbf, I think he’s saying they’re a team of leaders when they want to be ie. Wednesday night. 

14 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Thought that was a fair assessment. 

Those quoting the "team full of leaders" part need to listen closer. He's not wrong, some players look absolutely colossal in games where people doubt us against bigger teams. They stand up in big moments - they appear to be leaders - Goldson is one I'd look at as a typical example of that. The reality is that they aren't. They get done by schoolboy stuff against Kilmarnock and Hearts. Charlatans. 

Europe suits this side because of the underdog element, but also because since Dubai, they have been incapable of coping with a scrap when it really matters. We rarely end up in a scrap in Europe. 

Yeah, seems like folk in this thread are misinterpreting his words.

He's clearly saying when it comes to the big games where we're underdogs, there are plenty of players who are vocal in the dressing room and stand up to be counted as leaders. But he then goes on to say in the rest of our games these same 'leaders' are nowhere to be seen or heard. It's a clear dig at the squad but he's also basically admitting he's unable to do anything about it. I would expect him to possibly hold a 'clear the air' meeting with the squad on Monday morning and if there's no reaction for our next game I think he'll walk.

Archived